2011 Jeep Wrangler 70th Anniversary - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 05-08-2020, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Mainsail
2005 WK 

2011 Jeep Wrangler 70th Anniversary

Looking at one locally, has less than 50K miles.

I would love to get some info like what freaking axle did they put in them, but the dealer doesn't know and internet search doesn't know. I doubt they put a locking diff in it, but maybe they did a limited slip in the rear? Front?

Does anyone own one of these? Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails
70th.jpg  

Poor grammar is something up with which I shall not put.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 05-10-2020, 06:13 PM
Jeepsr4me

get the vin and run a build sheet on it.. Tell you everything you need..
Jeff88 likes this.
post #3 of 18 Old 05-10-2020, 06:20 PM
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Here is the link to enter the VIN.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

When you read the sheet keep scrolling until you get down to optional equipment, that is where it should say if it has lockers, etc. Those weren't standard.

post #4 of 18 Old 05-10-2020, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Thanks, I found the build sheet this morning.

Dana 30 front
Dana 44 rear
Anti-spin rear diff
Trailer Tow Group
Dozens of other options.

If I can get the price where I want it, the WK may be getting replaced. Not sure how desperate they are to sell, but the owner of the lot is the only one manning the dealership.

post #5 of 18 Old 05-11-2020, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Mainsail
2005 WK 

I drove it this evening- rode nice and seems sound. No unusual noises or vibrations. Wife says it seems gutless, but she's used to me pushing my foot in the Hemi WK. I felt like it had the power I would expect from a V6.

It has 3.73 gears, I guess that's desirable from what I read in another thread here.

The hardtop fiberglass had some damage like someone took it off and dropped it, pretty minor but it's there. I'm a little worried about the hardtop and leaks- did jeep ever sort that out, or did they just ignore it like many of the problems we have over in the Grand Cherokee forum?

Guess I'll think it over.

post #6 of 18 Old 05-12-2020, 09:23 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post

The hardtop fiberglass had some damage like someone took it off and dropped it, pretty minor but it's there. I'm a little worried about the hardtop and leaks- did jeep ever sort that out...

Guess I'll think it over.
Yes, they did; it took a few years but they were finally able to get all of them to leak.

It's hit and miss, and depends on where you live. One of the biggest issues is people not putting them back on correct, and rolling/ pinching seals.

Following that, the seal design itself can be problematic, and there are a bunch of little felt/ seal pieces to check. A pillar leaks seam to be the most common.

As for the hard top chips, they make a touch up paint (factory) that matches very well, and they are easy to touch up. If it's not too bad, and around the base, it's likely just cosmetic, the seal is under and a up from the outer lip.

Hoss
rsurran likes this.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #7 of 18 Old 05-15-2020, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
Yes, they did; it took a few years but they were finally able to get all of them to leak.

It's hit and miss, and depends on where you live. One of the biggest issues is people not putting them back on correct, and rolling/ pinching seals.

Following that, the seal design itself can be problematic, and there are a bunch of little felt/ seal pieces to check. A pillar leaks seam to be the most common.

As for the hard top chips, they make a touch up paint (factory) that matches very well, and they are easy to touch up. If it's not too bad, and around the base, it's likely just cosmetic, the seal is under and a up from the outer lip.

Hoss
Are there good OEM or aftermarket soft tops available? What do they run ballpark?

post #8 of 18 Old 05-15-2020, 10:50 AM
JoonHoss

2011 JK Wrangler 

IMHO, the BesTop is the only set-top to run, they make the factory top which you can sometimes find on CL or FB market place or such, or through a supplier. The aren't 'cheap' but they are good.

https://www.quadratec.com/vehicle/20...full-soft-tops

Hoss

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement
post #9 of 18 Old 05-16-2020, 05:38 PM
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
Are there good OEM or aftermarket soft tops available? What do they run ballpark?
My factory soft top leaks far less than my hard top, in fact not at all.
post #10 of 18 Old 05-23-2020, 01:15 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
the autos that year need a lot of gear to run say 35s. plan on 5.13. 2011 autos all they way back to the Tjs with the same auto. Its not the engine per say, it wont have HP of the new v6s since the 3.8 is push rod, 3.6 is dual over head cam. The main issue was that trans. the over drive is silly huge at .76 if i recall. going from 1:1 to .76 is like falling of a cliff, first was not low enough. The 12s auto has a much deeper first and the OD is only .87. that is why the 12s can run 3.73 and say about 33s and 4.1 will roll 35s. and 5.13 would be 40s. im running 37s on a 12 auto with 4.1. that would never work with the older trans.

only the rubicons came with lockers. as well they have a 4:1 low not 2.73:1. d44s all around. E disco. as well the 2011 down rubi would have 4.1 gears. where the 12 ups only had 3.73 since the trans does so much more "work". But they had an option to 4.1 <have that it can roll 35s stock and small lift.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 18 Old 05-24-2020, 07:35 AM
pismo61

2015 JK Wrangler 

42rle has a .69 OD.Didnt like it.

2015 Red 2 Door(half) 6sp.
post #12 of 18 Old 05-24-2020, 08:00 AM
sprkeng

2011 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I own the 2011 JK Sport 6 speed manual with dealer upgraded gears to 3.73, standard was 3.21 except Rubicon. I bought my Jeep in 2012. It now has 54K miles. I run 315/7017 tires with a 2.5 inch lift. I haven't had any noticeable problems with RPM lags running the larger tires other than downshifting a gear on steep hills but no big deal with a stick. I hunt and fish up in the Cascades and have no problems off road. I replaced the OEM soft-top with a Besttop Trextop NX Plus last year. No leaks and its nice functional top.
Attached Thumbnails
20200320_MyJeep3.jpg  

2011 Wrangler JK Sport
All Standard Stock 6 Speed Transmission
2.5 lift new Bestop NK softop
post #13 of 18 Old 05-28-2020, 09:26 AM
AggieOE12

2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I'm curious if the OP is still in the market or if the trigger was pulled. Depending on what you like and want, note that this one has the optional 18" wheels. The majority of all other JKs have 17" wheels.
post #14 of 18 Old 05-28-2020, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieOE12 View Post
I'm curious if the OP is still in the market or if the trigger was pulled. Depending on what you like and want, note that this one has the optional 18" wheels. The majority of all other JKs have 17" wheels.
Nothing is happening either way at the moment. The jeep is still sitting on the lot, and I'm still considering it.

Lots to consider. The Hemi WK is still well liked, paid for, has a significantly better 4WD system (Quadra-drive II) and can pull my military trailer easily; with a yard of gravel in the trailer I still pass other vehicles on the freeway.

Wife wasn't overly impressed with the wrangler either, didn't like the doors swinging (no stops to keep it open) and she felt like she was sitting too low (I think the PO was tall, so the seats are bottomed and I didn't know how to adjust them up). She loves the short wheel base (like her Liberty) and the way it handles off-road. Ultimately tho, I'm not buying it for her, so her opinions have weight, but aren't going to be determining for me.

So the long and short of it is- I don't know...
Attached Thumbnails
Wall06.jpg  

post #15 of 18 Old 05-28-2020, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Mainsail
2005 WK 

Here's the advert if anyone wants to see the rest of the pictures and run the build sheet:

https://www.hudsonautocenter.com/veh...755b47ba4e05f6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in