2008 JK Starting Problems - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 103 Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
I want try this fix to the "external circuit" today, so does anyone know where the TRS connector is located? Do I need to pull the tranny pan?

thanks..

Callan74 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 103 Old 08-24-2012, 08:21 AM
VEGASROBBI
Registered User
 
VEGASROBBI's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: LAS VEGAS
Posts: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callan74 View Post
I want try this fix to the "external circuit" today, so does anyone know where the TRS connector is located? Do I need to pull the tranny pan?

thanks..
Bright green 10 pin connector on the side of the transmission, no need to pull the pan.

MoTech
LS Specialists
500 South Buffalo Drive, Las Vegas NV 89145 702-491-7710
www.LSWrangler.com
VEGASROBBI is offline  
post #63 of 103 Old 08-24-2012, 09:57 AM
ronjenx
Web Wheeler
 
ronjenx's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,204
For those whose engine will start by shaking the shift lever, moving to neutral, or pushing the lever more into Park, there is still the possibility it's only a matter of the linkage being out of adjustment.
Most of the time when that's the case, there will not be a click at all; not even a faint clicking of the starter relay in the TIPM.
ronjenx is offline  
 
post #64 of 103 Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI View Post
Bright green 10 pin connector on the side of the transmission, no need to pull the pan.
Thanks!
Callan74 is offline  
post #65 of 103 Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM
PlatinumOre
Registered User
 
PlatinumOre's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Joliet
Posts: 318
I've been stuck in park and neutral a few times and having starter issues, when i have these issues i found that get out put my foot on the tire and give it a good rock.... or sit in it and look weird and try to rock it that way will work 80% of the time, the other times i mess with the shifter and it works.

Some one told me linkage or neutral sfatey switch? without reading all the posts in this 4page thread.
PlatinumOre is offline  
post #66 of 103 Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGASROBBI View Post
Bright green 10 pin connector on the side of the transmission, no need to pull the pan.
Cool..any idea's where yo ground this wire?
Callan74 is offline  
post #67 of 103 Old 08-25-2012, 10:17 AM
ncb
Registered User
 
ncb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your mom's house
Posts: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callan74

Cool..any idea's where yo ground this wire?
Clean bare metal.
ncb is offline  
post #68 of 103 Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
Clean bare metal.
I deserved that. Under jeep now.
Callan74 is offline  
post #69 of 103 Old 08-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
Works so far
Callan74 is offline  
post #70 of 103 Old 08-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
So to follow up...jeep started all day no issues...(10-15 times ) Seems like grounding #10 pin on the green connector was a good fix...

FYI..I added the additional engine ground fix (from other posts) last weekend and it didn't seem to fix my starting issues
Callan74 is offline  
post #71 of 103 Old 08-26-2012, 09:54 AM
ncb
Registered User
 
ncb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your mom's house
Posts: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callan74
So to follow up...jeep started all day no issues...(10-15 times ) Seems like grounding #10 pin on the green connector was a good fix...

FYI..I added the additional engine ground fix (from other posts) last weekend and it didn't seem to fix my starting issues
Grounding that pin bypasses the TRS so it will start.
ncb is offline  
post #72 of 103 Old 08-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb

Grounding that pin bypasses the TRS so it will start.
Really??? This post was for the masses as a fix that seems to work.

List of what I did to find a remedy
New yellow top battery
New starter
New alternator
Added additional ground wire to battery and engine
Finally fixed problem--grounding #10 wire. (Thanks Vegas!)

C
Callan74 is offline  
post #73 of 103 Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM
wbp
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: cleveland
Posts: 1
starter problem

I have a 2008 4dr wrangler and I have been having starter problems for about a yr. I got it almost 2 yrs ago. About once every few months, I go to start it and just here clicking sounds. I can't shift the car out of Park and need to jump start the car, which it usually does immed. with no problem. Now its happening every few days...any suggestions?
Thank you...also, I am brand new to the forum...sorry if I posted this improperly!
wbp is offline  
post #74 of 103 Old 08-26-2012, 07:03 PM
ncb
Registered User
 
ncb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Your mom's house
Posts: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callan74

Really??? This post was for the masses as a fix that seems to work.

List of what I did to find a remedy
New yellow top battery
New starter
New alternator
Added additional ground wire to battery and engine
Finally fixed problem--grounding #10 wire. (Thanks Vegas!)

C
I understand. It seems like a patch instead of a true fix since it will now start in any gear. Sorry to bother. Checking out.
ncb is offline  
post #75 of 103 Old 08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Callan74
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Panama City
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbp View Post
I have a 2008 4dr wrangler and I have been having starter problems for about a yr. I got it almost 2 yrs ago. About once every few months, I go to start it and just here clicking sounds. I can't shift the car out of Park and need to jump start the car, which it usually does immed. with no problem. Now its happening every few days...any suggestions?
Thank you...also, I am brand new to the forum...sorry if I posted this improperly!
Need to turn the key to the "on" position to shift out of park. After you do this..shift through the gears and it should start. I dealt with this for a few months until recently (like yesterday) I did the fix in my post above.

C
Callan74 is offline  
Reply

Tags
JK Wrangler , starting issue , starting problem , starting trouble , wont start , wrangler

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Having Problems Starting My 2008 Jeep - Please Help! Oceana JK Wrangler Technical Forum 4 09-12-2009 02:31 PM
starting problems wesleyrobbin YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 3 09-03-2009 06:27 PM
2.5L starting problems. bob082484 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 3 04-09-2009 08:59 PM
89 2.5 starting problems..please help :( J13760 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 03-02-2006 04:29 PM
Starting problems gray420 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 8 05-03-2005 01:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome