$2000 budget, what lift? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-02-2016, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
crazyj23
2002 TJ Wrangler 

$2000 budget, what lift?

2015 JK unlimited, 35 inch tires, currently on a 2.5 inch budget boost.

I'm looking for the most complete quality lift in my price range. I've been looking at Rock Krawler and Metalcloak.

The jeep sees a small amount of off-road, a lot of street/freeway driving.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-03-2016, 04:17 PM
Psycho-X-Jeep

2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod system, which is nowhere near a 'complete' kit. I added Bilstein shocks, rear track bar bracket and extended brake lines and bump stop extensions. I also had caster correction brackets before I swapped in adjustable control arms. I remember it being a bit rough on the road when I first installed it. Now it doesn't seem too rough, but I think its because I am just used to how it rides. No complaints with offroad performance other than the front trackbar makes contact with my front diff (RuffStuff aftermarket diff cover which may have something to do with it).. That being said, I am slowly switching over to Metalcloak components. If I had to do it over again I would have probably waited and saved up for the game changer... but I cannot confirm this until I purchase their 6pak shocks and springs.

Here is my suggestion for you if the game changer with 6pack shocks is a bit out of your price range: http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Jeep-Du...ion-p/7120.htm

Call me Eddo
09 JKUR
13 WK2 Trailhawk
post #3 of 10 Old 03-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Maertz

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyj23 View Post
2015 JK unlimited, 35 inch tires, currently on a 2.5 inch budget boost.

I'm looking for the most complete quality lift in my price range. I've been looking at Rock Krawler and Metalcloak.

The jeep sees a small amount of off-road, a lot of street/freeway driving.

Any input will be much appreciated.
Frankenlift

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 03-04-2016, 08:23 AM
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

What is your current setup? What are all the components of the current lift? Thinking we might be able to reuse some of those items to help stretch the buck a little further.

Here is my thoughts:
http://www.krawloff-road.com/product...jk25xf-kit.htm
We can so this setup. If you don't need the exhaust spacers nor bump stops we are at $1972.00 shipped. I would spring for the Rancho 9000XL upgrade for $100.00. That would put you at $2072.00 shipped BUT, Rancho is running a rebate right now. Send in the paper work and they will send you a Visa Gift card... making the upgrade free putting you back sub $2000.00 price! The Rancho 9000's are a adjustable shock. The RK 2.5" X Factor is one of the most complete 2.5" lifts on the market and will handle anything you are looking to do off road and will handle and drive better than stock on road! Not to mention, clear your 35's without any issues.

If you have any questions, let us know! Feel free to PM, email, or call at anytime!

-Jason

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
Forum Discount: KORJEEPFORUM
post #5 of 10 Old 03-04-2016, 01:52 PM
SLADE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Between the 2 you are looking at, I'd take a Metalcloak lift hands down.

One of their lifts with Geo brackets would not be a bad choice (maybe even a better choice) for your use but your budget would allow you to get into a full set of control arms if that is what you want.

Overland Elite Lift System
http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Overlan...cks-p/7148.htm

Overland Elite Lift (without shock)
http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangle...tem-p/7124.htm

2.5"/3.5" Duroflex™ Suspension Kit
http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-Wrangle...tem-p/7112.htm

For your primary use, I would go with the Overland Suspension (with or without shocks) with the Geo Brackets and add a set of rear control arms to adjust pinion angle and move the rear axle back a little to better center the axle in the wheel well.

Synergy is another good option that I would take over Rock Krawler. The Synergy 3" Stage 2 Suspension System would be a good choice and the front and rear raised trackbar mounts and high steer in the front would be a good choice for on road handling. The control arms have Synergy's Dual Durometer Bushings which like Metalcloak Duroflex bushings are good choice for on road comfort, longevity, and maintenance free use.

Synergy Jeep JK Stage 2 Suspension System, 3" Lift
http://www.synergymfg.com/Synergy-Je...t-p-16416.html

I also agree with Maertz about the Frankenlift. If you know what your looking for and what you want, you can really get the most for your money and a lift that fits your needs the best by piecing it together from various manufacturers.

2014 Wrangler JKU
2013 Wrangler JK
2004 Wrangler TJ on LEAFS
2001 Dodge Ram 2500
post #6 of 10 Old 03-04-2016, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
crazyj23
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you all for the input. I'll be making a decision by Sunday.
post #7 of 10 Old 05-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Chase0808
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What did you end up going with? I'm looking at kits now, mainly MC kits.
post #8 of 10 Old 05-12-2016, 06:00 PM
DCMastercraft

I went with the 4" Mopar crate lift. It's a complete lift with reservoir shocks and a new driveshaft instead of the muffler spacer. I was able to buy it online for under $2K.
post #9 of 10 Old 05-13-2016, 10:15 AM
propped1

2007 JK Wrangler 

Garage
I know this may already be settled... but for anyone in the same boat:

For 2k, MC springs, Bilstein 5160s (or Fox 2.0 Res), and if you dont have adjustable trackbars front and rear? Get those. Teraflex, RK, or Synergy seem to be preferred among most, but there are lots of options. Disconnects if you do have them. You'll be under 2k.

I had a shop do mine because I needed maintenance items as well. 3 years ago, I did RK stock mod (comes with the track and discos), Bilstein 5160s, Synergy TR, Synergy Balljoints... oil change... alignment. With Labor it was just under 3K for all of it at the same time. If you are doing the lift yourself, you can get really nice equipment with that budget. I think MC does better with their specific spring rates.

Knowing what I know now, I would have selected each piece individually and would have gone with MC springs probably, but that doesnt mean I've had issues with my RK. I just think those are the best you can get. Not going with the kits, probably would have done synergy for the track since I did that for the rest, and I definitely would have gotten different quick discos than the RK. Great initially, but its a wing nut and post/bolt, and only quick if you put a channel lock on the wing nut (after 3 years of salty roads and rusting hardware, the bolt spins, and need an 18mm wrench too, haha. Also doesnt come with a place to tie up the discos either... I use zip ties on the frame rail. It works... but isnt necessarily up to my generally over engineering standards. Looks club... I prefer cleaner installs now.

4" lift, PR 44, PR 60, 5.13, 37 Toyo MT, ATX Slabs, Skids, PSC Big Bore, 2Way
post #10 of 10 Old 05-14-2016, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
crazyj23
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I ended up with Rock Krawler springs, Bilstein shocks, Terraflex bump stops, Synergy quick disconnects and brake lines. I installed everything myself, and only ended up spending about $1000 total.

I love the ride, and off-road was great at Moab Utah a few weeks ago. No regrets here for anything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in