2.5in lift on a 15 JKU - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 11-16-2016, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
psulax69

2.5in lift on a 15 JKU

Hello,

Looking to install a lift on my 15 Wrangler Unlimited this winter. A lot of shops around where I'm at won't touch Rough Country lifts at all. Does anyone have any recommendations on other lift kits? I was looking at purchasing the following originally but not sure if I need to change my mind now.

Rough Country 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit

Rough Country Jeep 2.2 Steering Stabilizer

Rough Country Exhaust Extensions

Rough Country Front and Rear Forged Adjustable Track Bar

This will be primarily a daily driver set up but I really want some functionality to a lift kit when I do take it up to Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Not looking at doing any serious rock crawling but would like to be able to do some moderate level trails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 11-17-2016, 08:57 AM
JPatKOR
Vendor

@psulax69 It all depends on your budget. We have quite a few different options you could do. There a lot of entry level lifts that wont break the bank and you can add as you go. We can do a custom lift for you to get you started. Send me a PM and we can set you up with what you are looking for.

-JP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 864-437-8029
Forum Discount: KORJEEPFORUM
post #3 of 16 Old 11-19-2016, 07:02 PM
HappyTrails

2008 JK Wrangler 

+1 vote for Jason at Krawl Off-Road.
He helped me set up my Jeep and I am very happy with the results.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
JPatKOR likes this.

2008 2-dr Rubicon, auto,
RK 2.5" Max Travel, Rancho 9000XL shocks, 37" Nittos, 5.38's, RR skids, Warn VR8000-S.
RIPP Gen 2 Stg 2 Supercharger.
Political Correctness offends me.

post #4 of 16 Old 11-20-2016, 08:34 AM
Bill123

2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulax69 View Post
Hello,

Looking to install a lift on my 15 Wrangler Unlimited this winter. A lot of shops around where I'm at won't touch Rough Country lifts at all. Does anyone have any recommendations on other lift kits? I was looking at purchasing the following originally but not sure if I need to change my mind now.

Rough Country 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit

Rough Country Jeep 2.2 Steering Stabilizer

Rough Country Exhaust Extensions

Rough Country Front and Rear Forged Adjustable Track Bar

This will be primarily a daily driver set up but I really want some functionality to a lift kit when I do take it up to Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Not looking at doing any serious rock crawling but would like to be able to do some moderate level trails.

I think the main reason why they won't do any Rough Country lifts is because of the lack of overall quality with that particular manufacturer. There are alot of better lifts on the market, so just look around and come up with a better option. Rough Country may be less expensive, but you get what you pay for. I would suggest that you don't go any higher than 3" since that will require additional mods costing alot more money. Second, stay away from any lift that uses cam bolts. I won't go into all of those issues, but you really don't want them.
psulax69 likes this.

2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2.5" Teraflex Lift
305/70-17 Toyo Open Country AT2
Fuel Lethal Wheels
post #5 of 16 Old 11-20-2016, 12:56 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Might want to understand as well what you NEED. As long as the new shock length is not more +2" over stock you will not not need the Ypipe extension or mod. since that issue is about DROP over stock. not height.

You DO NOT need a new or better steering stabilizer. YOu dont need two as well. In fact you should be able to run the jeep with NONE>. DO flip it though or they end up as first thing people bend/rip off, off road. Stock its way to low.

since that kits seems to be JUST pucks and brackets at like under 200$ But it does have a poorly made rear raised track bar that would mean you dont need a rear track bar i would think with out reading what ever the pdf on this junk says.

new Jku 35k+? lift 175$ next up need a 450$ Cai to make it fast, no expense spared. since you wont be installing. its up to what ever shop in the end. They may or may not want a out sourced kit. No kits complete. All compromise to one extend or another or the total cost would get more than a months beer money.....
psulax69 likes this.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

post #6 of 16 Old 11-20-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
psulax69

Well I've switched the lift kit to the 2.5in Performance Budget Boost from Teraflex. I'm going with the Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer that has the relocation kit included. Along with those I'm gonna go with the Teraflex track Bars in case the later I would like to install a bigger lift kit. Also I'll be doing the Teraflex sway bar disconnects. I've decided on going with 33in tires but I'm still stuck on wheels since I'd like a decent backspacing to give the Jeep a pretty sick stance.

post #7 of 16 Old 11-20-2016, 01:46 PM
Bill123

2016 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Well I've switched the lift kit to the 2.5in Performance Budget Boost from Teraflex. I'm going with the Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer that has the relocation kit included. Along with those I'm gonna go with the Teraflex track Bars in case the later I would like to install a bigger lift kit. Also I'll be doing the Teraflex sway bar disconnects. I've decided on going with 33in tires but I'm still stuck on wheels since I'd like a decent backspacing to give the Jeep a pretty sick stance.

I don't think that you'll be happy with the budget boost in the long run. Teraflex makes great stuff, but budget boosts are essentially just hard plastic spacers which will dry out over time causing them to become loose and causing sag.

If you like Teraflex, their 2.5" coil lift only runs about $500 (with shock extensions). That isn't much more than their budget boost and is a must better package. I installed that same kit myself in a weekend and I couldn't be happier.

You almost certainly won't need a steering stabilizer, track bars, exhaust spacer, or anything else. Their 2.5" lift kit is basic, but it gives you everything you need to easily clear 33's and won't cost you alot of money.

Be very leary of shops that insist that you need a bunch of other stuff. They make money on what they sell as well as the labor to install that stuff.

2016 Wrangler Unlimited
2.5" Teraflex Lift
305/70-17 Toyo Open Country AT2
Fuel Lethal Wheels
post #8 of 16 Old 11-20-2016, 06:12 PM
Xatten

2013 JK Wrangler 

I agree with the Teraflex 2.5 spring lift. I have the same on my 13 and it's perfect for what I do. I'm on 35s and have plenty of room. I do have flat fenders but didn't really need them. Just look better and a lot more clearance just in case.

Just Hunt!
post #9 of 16 Old 11-21-2016, 01:10 AM
Kolak
Vendor

I feel compelled to mix it up a bit Have you considered Old Man Emu? Their coil springs are legendary for high quality and great ride and handling. Teraflex makes good springs too but what's nice about OME is that we have a choice of spring rates to choose from depending on how your Jeep is equipped from the factory or with aftermarket add-ons.

I carry both OME and Teraflex but I'd at least like to chat with you about OME. PM me for more info.

Quote:

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

or
post #10 of 16 Old 11-21-2016, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
psulax69

Well I'm gonna run the 2.5in performance boost for now then later on I can purchase 2.5in coil springs to go with the full 2.5in lift. Trying to save up for a wedding later next year so I need keep it simple for now. I wanna get the track Bars and steering stabilizer done now so that way later on I just throw the coil springs on. Also need to get the stage 2 kit installed on Harley.

post #11 of 16 Old 11-21-2016, 10:16 AM
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

@psulax69 , if your looking to save for a wedding, I would bypass the Steering Stabilizer. Your not going to really gain anything especially on 33's. Run the stock one till it is damaged.

If we can help you save on the TF Budget Boost, just shoot JP or I a PM or email and we will get you taken care of!

-Jason

Phone: 864-437-8029
Forum Discount: KORJEEPFORUM
post #12 of 16 Old 11-21-2016, 10:52 AM
BlueBabySound
2018 JK Wrangler 

IMO you don't need any lift for 33s, so save your money and do it right when the time comes to go bigger. Secondly there's nothing wrong with the factory stabilzer, replacing with RC is a downgrade, makes no sense.

Good luck!

post #13 of 16 Old 11-21-2016, 11:21 AM
Airborne Lee

2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm loving my 2.5" Rubicon Express lift. Same exact ride as the stock. Real springs not spacers. Wish I would have upgraded the shocks to a bit stiffer ride but it is good. the cost was something like 700 with shocks and everything needed. I am running a Atlas rear bumper with tire and jerry can mounts plus front rugged ridge stubby bumper with 9500lb winch. Even with 4 passengers it does not sag and maintains factory ride.

'16 JKU Rubicon, Tan, RR Front Bumper, 9500i, Atlas Rear w/Tire Carrier M416 Trailer
post #14 of 16 Old 11-21-2016, 06:37 PM
Bigant954

2016 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulax69
Hello, Looking to install a lift on my 15 Wrangler Unlimited this winter. A lot of shops around where I'm at won't touch Rough Country lifts at all. Does anyone have any recommendations on other lift kits? I was looking at purchasing the following originally but not sure if I need to change my mind now. Rough Country 2.5in Series II Suspension Lift Kit Rough Country Jeep 2.2 Steering Stabilizer Rough Country Exhaust Extensions Rough Country Front and Rear Forged Adjustable Track Bar This will be primarily a daily driver set up but I really want some functionality to a lift kit when I do take it up to Rausch Creek Off Road Park. Not looking at doing any serious rock crawling but would like to be able to do some moderate level trails. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im Currently running the rc 2.5 series II and am happy with it for now
Attached Images

14Sport likes this.

97' 5.2 zj. RIP
16' jk sport
post #15 of 16 Old 11-22-2016, 04:31 PM
cranbiz

2012 JK Wrangler 

I run the Teraflex 2.5" spring lift and Bilstein shocks. Really nice setup and easy to do. It ran about $700 with careful shopping. I already had the front disconnects but if I needed them, they were $179 (JKS). After installation of the lift, I did find I needed an adjustable track bar to center the axle, I didn't have any wobble so I probably could have left it alone but wanted to do it right. Installed the JKS track bar and I'm very happy with the beefiness and the quality. That also ran about $180.

Depending on the 33's, you may or may not rub. Mine did in the read at full flex and sometimes on rough roads and while bouncing on the beach. With the lift, no more rub.

06 KJ
12 JK, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Bilstein 5100's, BFG KM3's 37x12.5/R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in