jeep wave - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 214 Old 10-19-2016, 11:28 AM
4WDlifeform

2004 WJ 

This is an interesting topic for me, a WJ guy. Used to drive an XJ, learned to drive in a TJ.

TJ (stock) always got waves, always waved back. XJ (lifted 3" with 31s, chopped bumper, etc) got some waves, mostly form other XJs. Now in the WJ (lifted 2" on 31s, tow hooks, bumper, etc) never get waves. I have tried waving at other lifted WJs, but didnt get it back.

Its a bummer to me as I have been around jeeps and driving them all my life, I feel worthy! I couldn't tell you how many I have worked on and been in the trails with. And today I just supported the forum with an annual membership!

'04 WJ 4.0, 315k miles! 2" Coils 255/70 AT on JK take-offs
-sold- '14 KL Trailhawk
-sold- '97 XJ AX-15, 3" lift

You will never make anything idiot proof. They keep making better idiots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 214 Old 01-28-2018, 11:30 AM
WestSideJeeper
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Drove a TJ for 12 years, waved all the time , started driving a Truck, but still out of habit waved at jeeps.....obviously with no response. That was fine and expected. Bought a yj recently as a project and on its trip back to garage I came across a jku at a stoplight. There i am....28yr old jeep, top is tattered 35 degrees out, driver window won't zip up. My arm out side and a smile ear to ear to have a jeep again......the jku pulls up to me.......and doesn't even acknowledge my presence.......this is why we don't wave at jku's.
Heepo likes this.
post #213 of 214 Old 02-28-2018, 12:35 PM
TheDashingRogue
2003 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideJeeper View Post
There i am....28yr old jeep, top is tattered 35 degrees out, driver window won't zip up. My arm out side and a smile ear to ear to have a jeep again......the jku pulls up to me.......and doesn't even acknowledge my presence.......this is why we don't wave at jku's.
Seems like those who drive JKUs and most current model GCs think they live in a totally different realm of existence from the rest of us Jeepers. Seriously, how dare we pull up next to their precious, $55k JGC Summit at a stop light in our 15+ year old, beat up, jacked up, Jeep-looking thing! We might somehow shake some of our mud off onto their shiny 21" chrome rims! And then we have the gaul to WAVE AT THEM?! O, THE HORROR!!!

Oddly enough, I find I get more Jeep waves from those little Renegades (yes, I know, right? ) than JKU's.

Anyhoo, had to laugh the other day when, as I was leaving the campus parking lot in my WJ, some young college guy walking down the sidewalk gave me a Jeep wave. The good ol' Jeep wave looks kinda funny when the hand's not holding a steering wheel. Hmm, wonder what he drives?

'03 WJ Overland "Breaker": Bone stock ...for now.

"Not all those who wander are lost..."

post #214 of 214 Old 04-17-2019, 07:20 PM
GJR
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When the decision was made to buy a first time jeep (still have it), I researched and researched to see what I wanted and didn't want. Came across information about the jeep wave and thought "that is stupid! I'm not doing that." The second day with my TJ and another jeep waves at me and I waved right back. I thought to myself as a feeling of "I belong to something!" came over me "that was kind of fun!" I've been waving ever sense (unless I'm not paying attention). Shortly after that, I pulled up next to another TJ, sat up in my seat waiting for him to look over. He senses it and looks over and I'm just waving like a little kid on stage waving to his parents!
The look he gave me....
Let me tell you, its a sickening feeling when as an adult, you feel like the nerd in high school all over again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in