Ever find anything "unusual" while wheeling? - Page 235 - JeepForum.com
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3511 of 3514 Old Yesterday, 10:24 AM
ppine

Garage
find anything unusual?

I used to work outside a lot as an environmental consultant. About half the time is was for the mining industry. I was working on a Class III archaeological survey one time in northern Nevada. We found the old ghost town of Rosebud that was known to exist but never located before. All that was left were foundations and some good trash piles which we could date by looking at the cans and bottles. The lumber was all carted off to some other mine site.

Plenty of interesting mine trash out there like head rigs, stamp mills, donkey engines, mills sites, cobbled together places to live.
I have found horse skeletons with one bullet hole in the forehead.
Wild horse herds, 200 antelope, badgers, fox, 100 mule deer.

We did some night surveys for wildlife at several mine sites. Using a million candle power search light we found lots of deer, antelope, coyotes, fox, badgers, etc. After awhile you can tell what they are by the eye shine. Then we found rattlesnakes by eye shine and even tarantula spiders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3514 Old Today, 11:55 AM
Chirpz

2007 WK 

Garage
We love exploring ghost towns. We found an old mining came down near Searchlight NV last fall. Picked up a couple of neato things...best was an old "wood rasp" that looked unused.

Chirpz
2007 WK CRD, Quadradrive II, OEM Tow Hitch, GDE EcoTune, DPF-Delete, 4xGuard Front, Rear, Belly Guards, Side Rails & Full Matrix, OEM Skids, EHM, Dash Duck.
post #3513 of 3514 Old Today, 12:31 PM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

Outside Wickenburg Az

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ppine likes this.

post #3514 of 3514 Old Today, 12:38 PM
ppine

Garage
Looks like a steam powered donkey engine for an underground windlass and head rig.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in