Zone 1.75" BB Before and After/Review - Picture Heavy - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 02-27-2018, 06:52 PM
duck911
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 10
Thanks for the post!

Last night I just pulled the trigger on the same tires (though, mine are 265/75r16's as I have 16" Rubicons on my TJ.)

I am also looking at a 1.5" to 2" BB and some new shocks. After this write up, I am dropping the $229 and going with the zone 1.75" kit like you.

duck911 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 36 Old 02-27-2018, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
pablo_mondragon
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Austin/Waco
Posts: 107
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck911 View Post
Thanks for the post!

Last night I just pulled the trigger on the same tires (though, mine are 265/75r16's as I have 16" Rubicons on my TJ.)

I am also looking at a 1.5" to 2" BB and some new shocks. After this write up, I am dropping the $229 and going with the zone 1.75" kit like you.
I'm very glad I was able to help you decide! You will not be disappointed, the Jeep is extremely capable as it sits with this setup, I'm glad I didn't go bigger.

I have put many miles on the Jeep on and off road since the install, so let me know if you have any questions!

BT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pablo_mondragon is offline  
post #33 of 36 Old 04-05-2018, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
pablo_mondragon
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Austin/Waco
Posts: 107
Garage
Update/video

Hey guys, I have now put a couple thousand miles on the lift and tires. I've done a lot of highway/street driving, as well as a lot of off-roading.



I have spent a lot of time at Hidden Falls Adventure Park right outside of Austin, which is the perfect location to put the Jeep to the test.




Overall, I couldn't be happier. I've been beating up the TJ quite a bit, and took it on some of the highest rated trails in Hidden Falls. I've gotten more comfortable with hitting bumpers and scraping on the skid, but I have not found myself stuck yet. I have gotten a lot of flex out of the suspension, keeping all 4 tires on the ground. The shocks have been great too, not too bouncy on the trail, but very comfortable on the road. I have outperformed many JKUs with a similar lift height and slightly bigger tires. The combination of the short wheelbase and the added lift is extremely capable, and it'll be plenty for a long time.

As far as the tires go, they have been great too, no complaints. I see no noticeable wear, and no chunking or damage from beating them up on rocks. I usually run them at 15psi with zero problems, they mold very nicely to rocks. Very comfortable, lots of grip, and very tough. I put them in mud and they did very well also, but nothing crazy. It has been pretty dry out there recently, hopefully we'll get some rain and I'll report on how they perform in muddy trails.

Here is a video with some cool shots of the TJ and a bonus clip of a lifted Liberty almost flipping!

gsindela likes this.

BT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pablo_mondragon is offline  
 
post #34 of 36 Old 04-06-2018, 12:46 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesville
Posts: 38,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo_mondragon View Post
Hey guys, I have now put a couple thousand miles on the lift and tires. I've done a lot of highway/street driving, as well as a lot of off-roading.



I have spent a lot of time at Hidden Falls Adventure Park right outside of Austin, which is the perfect location to put the Jeep to the test.



Overall, I couldn't be happier. I've been beating up the TJ quite a bit, and took it on some of the highest rated trails in Hidden Falls. I've gotten more comfortable with hitting bumpers and scraping on the skid, but I have not found myself stuck yet. I have gotten a lot of flex out of the suspension, keeping all 4 tires on the ground. The shocks have been great too, not too bouncy on the trail, but very comfortable on the road. I have outperformed many JKUs with a similar lift height and slightly bigger tires. The combination of the short wheelbase and the added lift is extremely capable, and it'll be plenty for a long time.
Looks like you're having a lot of fun with it. I wish I could get my GF to learn to drive a 5 speed. It would save me from buying her another Jeep, since her Liberty KJ blew it's 42rle trans all to hell (when I was driving it).
gsindela likes this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ / 5" BDS lift/ 33" DC extreme country MTs. JEEP #18
TheBoogieman is offline  
post #35 of 36 Old 04-06-2018, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
pablo_mondragon
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Austin/Waco
Posts: 107
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Looks like you're having a lot of fun with it. I wish I could get my GF to learn to drive a 5 speed. It would save me from buying her another Jeep, since her Liberty KJ blew it's 42rle trans all to hell (when I was driving it).
Ahahaha, well she's having a blast, learning much faster than I expected
TheBoogieman likes this.

BT:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pablo_mondragon is offline  
post #36 of 36 Old 07-22-2018, 03:49 PM
400DGRZ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck911 View Post
Thanks for the post!

Last night I just pulled the trigger on the same tires (though, mine are 265/75r16's as I have 16" Rubicons on my TJ.)

I am also looking at a 1.5" to 2" BB and some new shocks. After this write up, I am dropping the $229 and going with the zone 1.75" kit like you.
Do you have any pics with the tires mounted on the Rubi wheels? I'm in the market for the same size. Did u get lift installed as well?

2000 Wrangler Sport 4.0 4x4
400DGRZ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome