Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevlaw View Post
I don't have any bump stop extension, just the factory bumps. The N66s reach full compression when I hit full bump. 13.5" between the shock mounts and the N66s compress to about 13.2"
They reach full compression at factory bump with 33" tires installed?
Yes. That's what the picture was of. If you don't believe me there is an old post by mudb8 who also said you can run N66 on a 2" BB with no BS extension

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
They rub the flares a bit, but I can fix that. They don't rub the inner fender though. I was asking for advice on my planned setup, not my current one...
post #228 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 12:21 AM
jjvw
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Is the frame entirely elevated on jack stands? I only see one. Is opposite side hanging at full shock extension.

The shocks and BB aren't your limit. It's the 33" tires at full flex that will scrape the fenders.

Our front ends are too similar to be that different. My bumps are about as short as they can be.

For what you are planning, you need to make sure you can correctly identify your interferences. Again, something isn't adding up or I'm not seeing something on yours.

2003 Rubicon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #229 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Is the frame entirely elevated on jack stands? I only see one. Is opposite side hanging at full shock extension.

The shocks and BB aren't your limit. It's the 33" tires at full flex that will scrape the fenders.

Our front ends are too similar to be that different. My bumps are about as short a they can be.
It's about two inches from full droop on the other side as I ran out of room in the garage. I still had about 1/2" between inner fender and the top of the tire. Pretty sure they are gonna clear.
post #230 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
For what you are planning, you need to make sure you can correctly identify your interferences. Again, something isn't adding up or I'm not seeing something on yours.
I know how to identify my interferences.
post #231 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Anyone else have any insight on my plans. I think I've worked almost all of the kinks out
post #232 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
So assuming my numbers are right and at 3.5" of lift with the 19.5" compressed length shock, would running that shock at 7.5 up and 5.25 down be too far out of balance, or would it be alright?

What about running that same shock at my current 1" of lift with the extended shock mounts with it at a ride height 24.5 with 5" up and 7.5 down? I know I couldn't use all that down travel currently as my arms would be the limiting factor, I would only do this to get some of the work done sooner if it wouldnt have any I'll effects
post #233 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:12 AM
Ironhead

2003 TJ Wrangler 

i'd like to see the 7.5" of uptravel in a real world scenario, just dont think it will be that easy without lots of other interferance

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #234 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
i'd like to see the 7.5" of uptravel in a real world scenario, just dont think it will be that easy without lots of other interferance
I know it seems really high, but I don't know what I'm missing. I feel like there's something really obvious. Right now I can stuff the 33s and factory bump, the steering doesn't interfere at factory bump, and the MC track bar I want to run is also supposed to clear at full bump. What am I missing
post #235 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:28 AM
Ben

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I know it seems really high, but I don't know what I'm missing. I feel like there's something really obvious. Right now I can stuff the 33s and factory bump, the steering doesn't interfere at factory bump, and the MC track bar I want to run is also supposed to clear at full bump. What am I missing
The bolt part, aka executing it. You're gonna get 11", not 13".

post #236 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:31 AM
Ironhead

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
how much uptravel do you currently have?

did you check clearances with the coils removed?

post #237 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
how much uptravel do you currently have?

did you check clearances with the coils removed?
About 4.5" to 5" uptravel. I removed the drivers side and dropped the the passenger side as much as I could manage in my tight garage. Maybe I missed something, but right now everything is stock up front except the BB, tires and shocks. I believe the bend in the ZJ tie rod will give me a tad more clearance and I've seen pictures of the MC track bar at full bump with the ZJ tie rod and it cleared
post #238 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Does it not make sense that right now at 1" lift over stock I have about 5" up travel, if I were to go to 3.5" lift over stock and have the same tires and no BS extension that I'd have the possibility for 7.5" of up travel?
post #239 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:50 AM
Ironhead

2003 TJ Wrangler 

i believe your frame will be the limiting factor. but i have not done this myself.

i would think your steering would contact the passenger frame rail when stuffing the passenger side and drooping the drivers side, if you did get to 7.5" of uptravel.

post #240 of 251 Old 07-24-2016, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
Trevlaw
Web Wheeler

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
i believe your frame will be the limiting factor. but i have not done this myself.

i would think your steering would contact the passenger frame rail when stuffing the passenger side and drooping the drivers side, if you did get to 7.5" of uptravel.
Even if it is the stock drag link and a ZJ tie rod? I know the tie rod will be bigger than stock, but even though it is 7.5" of up travel, it would still be reaching only the factory bump. Would the Jeep not have been built to withstand full bump on either side with stock steering from the factory? It just seems like if there was interference like that with the stock setup at full bump, they would've changed something or extended the factory BS lengths to avoid the interference

I want a J-Series
TJ Build:

Tags
8.8 swap , advice , metalcloak , savvy , suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in