Would you do this? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Would you do this?

I know it's not tech, but as everyone knows,GD has no fans.Would you trade an 05' sport,4" lift with new 33" MT MTZ's and 15x10 black simulated beadlock wheels,43,000 miles and 6 speed with brand new top?(run on sentence,sorry!).Swap vehicle is stock 04' yellow Rubicon in great condition with 65,000 miles,5 speed.My goal is to run large tires with no worries of breaking stuff and stop buying,sinking money into and selling stuff.I want a rig that I actualy don't want or think everyday about selling.$13,000 is the bottom line trade.In Va. KBB value on the rubi is way less at around $11,000.Thoughts and opinions are welcome.Thanks and Jerry B,Give this an hour longer than the pink jeep thread before you move it.Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
robncar

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just to refresh everyone's memory, see below... I keep telling my daughter to stop parking on the lawn, darn kids!

As to your question, I think I'd do the trade. The Rubi is such a cost effective platform.
Attached Thumbnails
i-1.jpg  

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/diy-alignment-kit-steps-w-pics-2264465/
post #3 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 03:58 PM
Muratus

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just spend 2k for some rubi axles and put them on your current Jeep, that already has a lot of work done?

Can you revert your current Jeep back to stock then make the trade? Since you don't really get any extra value for aftermarket parts.

post #4 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
bdevr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How big are you planning on going? For the money that you'd be spending (again) for a lift and tires be enough to set up the jeep that you already have the way you want it? Are you going to be happy with the d44's for a little while then decide you wat to put 38-40's on the rubi and find yourself back in the same boat? The "next step up" always seems great til you have it, and then WE ALL know what happens.... Just a couple of thoughts
post #5 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:01 PM
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I say yes... if you must?But hang on to this one OK? Also see if you can get a digital camera out of this!:ra ntscream:
post #6 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robncar View Post

As to your question, I think I'd do the trade. The Rubi is such a cost effective platform.
That's my way of thinking right now.I'm getting tired of buying Jeeps,sinking thousands of dollars into them and selling them to "get something better".
p.s. is that pink jeep a Rubi?I could paint the pink brown and pretend it's mud.
post #7 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:06 PM
robncar

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
That's my way of thinking right now.I'm getting tired of buying Jeeps,sinking thousands of dollars into them and selling them to "get something better".
p.s. is that pink jeep a Rubi?I could paint the pink brown and pretend it's mud.
I was wondering that too. From the pink rocker plates, it just may be a Rubi; but the flares don't seem wide enough. Can't see the front diff in the pic to tell for sure. Love it or hate it, that was a ton of work.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/diy-alignment-kit-steps-w-pics-2264465/
post #8 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ View Post
I say yes... if you must?But hang on to this one ok?
I wish.Sold the new 05' yesterday.The jeep addiction keeps me broke .I thought when I quit racing motocross my expenses would go down.Jeeps are more addictive and a little safer on my bones.
post #9 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:13 PM
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I use to race desert.I broke my left foot in 5 places. I'm alot better and safer to myself on all fours.
post #10 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I say yes... if you must?But hang on to this one OK? Also see if you can get a digital camera out of this!:ra ntscream:
Do you have any old digital camera's you don't need?My brother picked one up at Goodwill for $7.50 and it works perfectly.I'm from NY and I don't speak to relatives so borrowing is not an option.Don't let the Va in the sig fool ya.There's a huge difference in northern and southern people.
post #11 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:19 PM
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'll check with the kids and if they do, I will send it to ya!
post #12 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
TheBoogieman
The Devil's Advocate

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'll check with the kids and if they do, I will send it to ya!
Never been there but Cali looks like a great place to live.I have a buddy from Washington State and the scenic views are incredible.
post #13 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 05:42 PM
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

My oldest lives in WA. I have property in Oregon (which I will be moving too soon!) But yes Cali. has beautiful weather... but very expensive to live and way to crowded! I grew up in northern Cali. and Colorado. So I can adjust to the cold.
post #14 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 05:53 PM
03rubiconMG

2003 TJ Wrangler 

The rocker plates on the pink jeep go up higher than stock rubicon ones, the fenders dont look wide enough either. and it doesnt say rubicon on the hood, haha

2003 white rubicon on 37s

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 35 Old 03-23-2009, 06:00 PM
CFreddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muratus View Post
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just spend 2k for some rubi axles and put them on your current Jeep, that already has a lot of work done?
x2. But where do you think someone could find a pair for 2k. I only ask because im planning on doing something like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in