What is your "Shelter in place" project? - JeepForum.com
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 Old 03-26-2020, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

What is your "Shelter in place" project?

Lets hear what everyone is doing with the excess of time to keep from going stir crazy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 Old 03-26-2020, 10:47 PM
sycboi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejockey View Post
Lets hear what everyone is doing with the excess of time to keep from going stir crazy
Besides continuing to work my everyday job because of my “essential employee” status. I am preparing everything on my TJ to bolt the tub back down to the frame...finally. Painting and dying various pieces and parts. Just trying to stay busy and keep my mind occupied...

SuperBeast, enforcer for the Mopar Mafia ̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
post #3 of 56 Old 03-26-2020, 10:49 PM
sycboi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousejockey View Post
What are you doing to stay busy? I see you’re in California. Hopefully you at least have good weather on your side...

SuperBeast, enforcer for the Mopar Mafia ̿ '̿'̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿

post #4 of 56 Old 03-26-2020, 11:58 PM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Went shopping at Walmart as soon as they opened. Also, put Pizza Hut delivery #1 on my speed dial. I was really sick for the last two weeks and stayed home INSIDE.

p.s. Funny how state run ABC/Liquor stores stay open and are considered essential.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes.
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho RS5000X shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18
post #5 of 56 Old 03-27-2020, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Mousejockey
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycboi View Post
What are you doing to stay busy? I see you’re in California. Hopefully you at least have good weather on your side...
Im also one of the "essential" workers, however with everyone staying home business is slow, lots of cut hours.

After the Honey-Do-List ......

Clearing out the garage, removing the top, change the front axle seals, rear upper arms, rock lights.
may get a Ham setup for it also
post #6 of 56 Old 03-27-2020, 01:38 AM
olmoggy1

1937 CJ2A 

What is your "Shelter in place" project?

I work for the airlines, week on week off. So the distancing and time off is nothing new to me,been doing it for 20+years. I just dont understand why people are still flying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 56 Old 03-27-2020, 03:27 AM
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I work in maintenance for a ground handling company. Two terminals have now closed and all flights are going through T1 now. I don't know how many passengers are still moving, though I believe they are mostly repatriation pax. Some airlines are just carrying freight now. Lot's of kit is being serviced then immobilised, so it's good to go when things pick up again. I expect more of us will be stood down in the coming days. I have some stuff to do on the TJ to keep me busy for a while if/when I'm stood down.
post #8 of 56 Old 03-27-2020, 04:24 AM
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

IT for Canadian govt department of 120k workstations so considered essential. Been doing some ammo reloading (30/06 and 9mm, 223 forthcoming) as it isn't warm enough yet. I did replace my heater blower though and have decided to switch from using RTV to a Lube locker. Have been waiting for a nice day to do it. Today may be that day.

Machete don't tweet
- Machete
post #9 of 56 Old 03-27-2020, 07:41 AM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'm fortunate enough to have been retired for a few years, children are all grown/gone. So my day/day worries/responsibilities are pretty minimal. I do volunteer with Dallas Habitat building houses a couple days a week, which has all come to a stop for now.

Spending time doing spring yardwork and getting garden prepped and planted. I have ordered a D44 rear axle seal/bearing kit to replace, again. Should be here next week.

Speaking of yardwork and garden, I wish I had planted a "money tree" to offset the "rotting" investments accounts.

Edit, one other point, I'm a routine blood donor, several times a years, I don't enjoy it, but feel that's something I can do. Local blood banks aren't able to do the mobile blood drives that usually happen, so blood supplies are down. Take an hour or two, find your local blood donation center, and go give a pint.
TheBoogieman and WSS like this.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #10 of 56 Old 03-27-2020, 09:11 AM
jeepguy03
Winning

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Working from home (I work in technology), doing projects on the Jeep and maintenance to my daily driver.

0331 head swap DIY:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Build" thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Previous: 1990 XJ Limited, 2000 XJ Sport, 2000 XJ Sport
Current: 1998 Wrangler Sahara
post #11 of 56 Old 03-28-2020, 11:17 AM
GermanyChris
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This is my first weekend off since this started, Ill be on 14 more when I head back to work on Monday

I'm generally a very pragmatic person: that which works, works. -- Linus Torvalds
post #12 of 56 Old 03-28-2020, 08:17 PM
SkylinesSuck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny Jeep View Post
I don't know how many passengers are still moving, though I believe they are mostly repatriation pax.
Not many. I talked to a B737 the other day coming back with a routine emergency. We always have to get certain pieces of info, one of which is souls on board. The pilot replied "9 SOB's on board. Plenty of leg room up here!" Air traffic is probably 1/4 or less of what it normally is right now, and most of those planes are near empty.

'98 TJ w/AX15 & 4.7L stroker, 2.5" OME lift, 1.25" BL, 33" Duratracs, 8.8 w/Trutracs & 4.10's F&R
post #13 of 56 Old 03-28-2020, 08:22 PM
armyRN
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Built shelves in the shop to get it better organized. Received a pair of brackets I ordered to start a front disc brake conversion on my Willys front Dana 25. Need to start rounding out the rest of the brake conversion parts.

You can teach manners, but you can't teach class.

Trailer build:
post #14 of 56 Old 03-29-2020, 07:17 AM
Richisinyoface

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Other than working I have been building a new Powder Coating oven that is nearly complete
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7190.jpg  
Jim1611 likes this.

Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65
post #15 of 56 Old 03-30-2020, 12:52 AM
dg98adams

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Shelter in place projects

On the the 94 YJ I just got:

Replaced battery terminals (military spec), replaced cable ends with crimped & soldered lugs, upgraded body to ground cable to #6 gauge.

Made a battery hold down bracket and cut a battery strap.

Cleaned and reoiled K&N air filter.

To do:

Install door pin locks, hood lock, vac caps, rear bumper hitch, thermostat

DGs Driveway

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in