what should i do next?!? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-02-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

what should i do next?!?

i haven done anything to my jeep in a while and want to do something to it, i am getting a safari roof rack soon but i want to do something else, here are my mods now:

33in durtracs, 3inch bds sl, 1.25bl, mml, 4.56s, arb locker in the rear, front arb bull bar w/ warn 8000, rear src bumper + tire swing, thats basically the big stuff (stock control arms)

i want to go higher i think, i was thinking of doing 2in coil spacers but then i have to get brake lines, control arms, sye/cv etc, and i dont think ill have the money soon enough to do it all at once, i could go 35s but im not sure how much it will cost for the tires, brakes, steering etc. but i need to do something different soon because im like that, i need to constanly upgrade. does anyone have some ideas for my next step? or if you can, tell me rough prices for what it will cost (doing it the right way, not half assing it) to either do 2in coil spacers or go 35s? thanks guys, i appreciate the help

2001 Wrangler TJ, 4.0L, 5 Speed, 3in BDS suspension lift kit, 33in Duratracs, front ARB bull bar, rear XRC bumper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM
tjallday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

jeeps do empty every pocket ! I'd say 35's if you could fit them with your 4 inch total lift. It will probly be hard to get rid those dura tracs though they are nice.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

yeah i love them, but with the locker in the rear and the duratracs, open diff muds can outwheel me more than half the time, so i wanna go with muds next

2001 Wrangler TJ, 4.0L, 5 Speed, 3in BDS suspension lift kit, 33in Duratracs, front ARB bull bar, rear XRC bumper

post #4 of 6 Old 08-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Jon_Alex

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'd do a tummy tuck with some nice rokmen or currie control arms, some adjustable rear uppers and then replace the lowers... a rokmen skid or whatever and a CV shaft... I'm dying to get my t-case back up.

You can always replace the springs later. And imo height isn't quite as important as other stuff. I have a roof rack also, but would probably take it off if I ever went to 35s.

EDIT: oh, sorry, just saw the part about the money for CV etc. It's not that much for the advantages of a tummy tuck. It's a lot less hassle and money than trying to go 35s. Plus, a good tummy tuck is an investment that you'll want eventually anyway, and you'll need the control arms too. Just do it all piecemeal to work upto 35s... focus on control arms and work your way to the axles.

There's always armor...

KJ6HYE

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies." -Nietzsche

Last edited by Jon_Alex; 08-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Sundowner

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicRiderhp View Post
yeah i love them, but with the locker in the rear and the duratracs, open diff muds can outwheel me more than half the time, so i wanna go with muds next
Let's talk about your swaybars and tire pressure, then.

If it's worth doing, then it's worth overdoing.

The Republic of Dave: Bringing you the finest in simian testing supplies.

The build, the gear, and the mileage:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-10-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
ClassicRiderhp
2001 TJ Wrangler 

haha my bad, "...open diff muds can ALMOST outwheel me..."

Tags
advice , tj , wrangler , mod , modification , help

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in