what do you find annoying about ur Wrangler - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 55 Old 06-10-2021, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
WallyDog1

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr21triton View Post
never had this happen to me but i'm usually naked when i drive my tj hahaha!!! but i do hate that i have to raise my knees above my head to get out of it. i mean the damn door opening is almost the same height as the seat, being a fat boy getting in aint too bad but getting out sux !
HA! I also have a 40th anniversary Corvette convertible. Try getting in and out of it! It's a task with the roof down with the roof up it's an ugly act of contortion!

TheBoogieman and tr21triton like this.

From the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina

Last edited by WallyDog1; 06-10-2021 at 12:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 55 Old 06-10-2021, 02:34 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trespasser View Post
I'm annoyed how easily the back kicks out in the rain. I think my tire choice has something to do with it... But I need to drive in rain as if it was snow to keep control.
Sounds like your tires are on the verge of hydroplaning. Make sure they're aired up fully, having a lower air pressure in them makes them hydroplane far more easily than with a higher air pressure.
TheBoogieman likes this.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #33 of 55 Old 06-10-2021, 06:37 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well, since you said 'Wrangler' and not TJ I can only assume that includes LJ's.

Only a couple things come to mind... one is having to mess with the OPDA! What was Jeep thinking to invent that?

The other, and only mostly associated with LJ's is that b/c they added the extra space/room to the rear, the azz end tends to smack rocks and ledges easier than a TJ. THAT is annoying.
Since I'm lifted on different suspension, the constant rocking back and forth in certain situations is certainly annoying, but hopefully a Currie Anti-rock will help that.

Not having tons and 40's is more of a wish list than annoying... so if ya ever hit the big lotto Jerry, keep me in mind!

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><

post #34 of 55 Old 07-20-2021, 05:38 PM
GraniteState

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Iím a hard top Nancy, I donít like bugs or direct sun and Iím also a radio nerd. I would love an all metal roof version. Iím a Jeep blasphemer. If there were two door FJ70s here I might be in one of those. I do love my TJ though.
post #35 of 55 Old 07-20-2021, 06:31 PM
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrugger View Post
Yeah, my CJ would do that all the time. The TJ is much better.

I hate how humid it gets in the warmer months. Once the ac gets cranking it is fine, but I am a sweater so it sucks when I decide to take it into work.

I also hate the gate keeping that goes on with some of the owners. Being in coastal NC, there are a lot of wranglers. People often will strike up a convo about how they hate x or y on jeeps, or how gladiators aren't real jeeps.... I remember how everyone said the same things about the TJs...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thats one of the reasons I don't associate with the local Jeep club here, too much elitism. I like my jeep but I am more interested in talking to people who wheel for the sake of wheeling and what the benefits and shortcoming of Toyotas, zuks etc.

Oh and the rust. I hate the rust
TheBoogieman likes this.

Machete don't tweet
- Machete
post #36 of 55 Old 07-21-2021, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
WallyDog1

2006 LJ Wrangler 

WallyDog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
Well, since you said 'Wrangler' and not TJ I can only assume that includes LJ's.

Only a couple things come to mind... one is having to mess with the OPDA! What was Jeep thinking to invent that?
Thanks !!!! I had NO IDEA about the problem with the OPDA. I ordered one! Will change the oil again too just incase. Thanks for the mention! You might have saved my LJ motor!
RockWoRM likes this.
post #37 of 55 Old 07-25-2021, 12:01 PM
BlueFl.Wrangler
Supporting Member

2002 TJ Wrangler 

My seats are un comfortable

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions

Winston Churchill
post #38 of 55 Old 07-25-2021, 12:04 PM
BlueFl.Wrangler
Supporting Member

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
Sounds like your tires are on the verge of hydroplaning. Make sure they're aired up fully, having a lower air pressure in them makes them hydroplane far more easily than with a higher air pressure.
I see you have moved here to Fl.
Please check and make sure none of those failed california policies dont hitch a ride with you
TheBoogieman likes this.

Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions

Winston Churchill
post #39 of 55 Old 07-27-2021, 05:06 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFl.Wrangler View Post
I see you have moved here to Fl.
Please check and make sure none of those failed california policies dont hitch a ride with you
I think he's moving in March 2022. Build him a serious rock garden because Florida is lacking rocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
2003' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with Rancho RS5000X shocks/ Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.
post #40 of 55 Old 07-27-2021, 05:19 PM
SwampDaddy

[QUOTE=jeepbro's;41285799]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrugger View Post
Also annoyed at the sound system, sounds like crap even after I replaced it all.
Try baffles with you speakers. I hear that makes a world of difference in the wranglers.
post #41 of 55 Old 07-27-2021, 05:41 PM
SwampDaddy

Sometimes I hate that little anti-theft thing that needs its key plugged into it before I can start the jeep. Especially when I’m in a hurry and forget to plug in the key before trying to start it. Is this standard for a ‘97 or was it aftermarket?
Attached Thumbnails
image_1627429145447.jpg   image_1627429237293.jpg  
post #42 of 55 Old 07-27-2021, 05:48 PM
BlueFl.Wrangler
Supporting Member

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I think he's moving in March 2022. Build him a serious rock garden because Florida is lacking rocks.
Yeah- we dont have a lot of rocks- about all we have is a little bit of limerock

Winston Churchill
post #43 of 55 Old 07-27-2021, 05:55 PM
SwampDaddy

I hate that every time I close the door I’ve got to readjust the mirror. I’m not slamming the door; just using enough force to close it. If that’s the major concern on a 24 year old jeep I guess I’m doing good. My first jeep didn’t have that problem, but in ‘63 they mounted the mirrors to the body so there wasn’t a chance of that happening. Is there an adjustment screw that can be tightened up on these mirrors or do I just need to buy new ones?
post #44 of 55 Old 08-01-2021, 06:14 PM
aston4

that is the most aftermarket anti theft thing I've ever seen.
post #45 of 55 Old 08-01-2021, 09:43 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
and hills and mountains. no more KOH... no more Rubicon... hmm, may as well sell the Jeep.

and back on topic... the most annoying thing about a TJ... no square headlights or real Jeep hood latch's...

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in