what do you find annoying about ur Wrangler - JeepForum.com
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 Old 06-01-2021, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
WallyDog1

2006 LJ Wrangler 

what do you find annoying about ur Wrangler

Today was the day that I decided to ask what's annoying about your Jeep! The thing that is most annoying about mine is it just ripped the 3rd belt loop off a new pair of jeans on the door striker! How does it even do it? I have at least 8 pair and everyone of them has a belt loop torn off at the bottom. My YJ was most excellent at doing this with it's nail head shaped striker. The TJ can still grab just as well.

badmoose likes this.

From the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 55 Old 06-02-2021, 04:17 AM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

1936 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyDog1 View Post
Today was the day that I decided to ask what's annoying about your Jeep! The thing that is most annoying about mine is it just ripped the 3rd belt loop off a new pair of jeans on the door striker! How does it even do it? I have at least 8 pair and everyone of them has a belt loop torn off at the bottom. My YJ was most excellent at doing this with it's nail head shaped striker. The TJ can still grab just as well.
Yeah, my CJ would do that all the time. The TJ is much better.

I hate how humid it gets in the warmer months. Once the ac gets cranking it is fine, but I am a sweater so it sucks when I decide to take it into work.

I also hate the gate keeping that goes on with some of the owners. Being in coastal NC, there are a lot of wranglers. People often will strike up a convo about how they hate x or y on jeeps, or how gladiators aren't real jeeps.... I remember how everyone said the same things about the TJs...

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
TheBoogieman likes this.

2005 TJ X: MC 3.5" lift, 33"x12.5" tires, 1.25" Zone body lift, Curry Antirock sway bar.
post #3 of 55 Old 06-02-2021, 08:19 AM
OBX-05TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The six-speed in my 2005 TJ. It shifts like a hot knife thru butter in gears 1 thru 6. It will not stay in gear in reverse so I have to keep my hand on the shifter holding it in gear. This works most of the time. Of course it will pop out of reverse at times even when holding the shifter and grind gears drawing attention of anyone within 100 feet.

I've read this is a common problem for this tranny.

post #4 of 55 Old 06-02-2021, 09:33 AM
53flattie

1936 CJ2A 

Iíll play...

I hate how low the factory seats sit. I have aftermarket seats in mine now, but always add the seat ďlift kitĒ to any new (to me) Wrangler that Iíve bought. I had forgotten just how bad it was until I drove my FILís the other day, which is completely stock. I honestly felt like my a$$ was going to drag the pavement, and I was staring *through* the upper half of the steering wheel. Itís much worse on the 2003-06 models too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 55 Old 06-02-2021, 02:18 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The only thing that annoys me about my TJ is that it's not running one-ton axles and 40" tires.

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #6 of 55 Old 06-03-2021, 05:36 AM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm annoyed that my top speed is only 96 mph with 35" tires. I just want to hit 100 mph without going downhill. Everything else is fine and I've never caught a belt loop on the door striker. Maybe the lift and jumping in and out prevents it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
2003' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with Rancho RS5000X shocks/ Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.
post #7 of 55 Old 06-03-2021, 06:04 AM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

1936 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBX-05TJ View Post
The six-speed in my 2005 TJ. It shifts like a hot knife thru butter in gears 1 thru 6. It will not stay in gear in reverse so I have to keep my hand on the shifter holding it in gear. This works most of the time. Of course it will pop out of reverse at times even when holding the shifter and grind gears drawing attention of anyone within 100 feet.

I've read this is a common problem for this tranny.
Mine likes to pop out of first unless I double clutch or shift to first, start rolling, shift out and back in to first...

Also 1st and 3rd grind like marbles in a blender.

2005 TJ X: MC 3.5" lift, 33"x12.5" tires, 1.25" Zone body lift, Curry Antirock sway bar.
post #8 of 55 Old 06-03-2021, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
WallyDog1

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I'm annoyed that my top speed is only 96 mph with 35" tires. I just want to hit 100 mph without going downhill. Everything else is fine and I've never caught a belt loop on the door striker. Maybe the lift and jumping in and out prevents it.
Why am I always the only one something like 8 torn belt loops happens to. There must be someone besides me?

From the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina
post #9 of 55 Old 06-03-2021, 09:38 AM
OBX-05TJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyDog1 View Post
I haven't torn any belt loops. On exiting my Jeep drivers shoulder belt sometimes does not retract quickly and will get caught on the striker resulting in the door not latching.
post #10 of 55 Old 06-04-2021, 08:24 AM
jeepbro's
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGrugger View Post
Yeah, my CJ would do that all the time. The TJ is much better.

I hate how humid it gets in the warmer months. Once the ac gets cranking it is fine, but I am a sweater so it sucks when I decide to take it into work.

I also hate the gate keeping that goes on with some of the owners. Being in coastal NC, there are a lot of wranglers. People often will strike up a convo about how they hate x or y on jeeps, or how gladiators aren't real jeeps.... I remember how everyone said the same things about the TJs...

Hey I'm in Hampstead NC

Hmm... I find a lot annoying with my TJ and LJ, but find my self driving one of them back and forth on the short commute to work than I do my CTS-V..

First though I am very annoyed that my heavy 5spd TJ on 35's and 4.56 gears feels more powerful and accelerates harder than my almost stock 6spd LJ on 4.10 and 33s...

Also my TJ whistles when I let off the gas, but its somewhat dependent on the weather/temperature. Also annoyed at the sound system, sounds like crap even after I replaced it all.

2002 tj sahara 3" lift 35" km2, AtoZ rockers, 8k warn, 4.56 gears, lock-rites front and rear
post #11 of 55 Old 06-04-2021, 11:13 AM
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

2020 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
...Also annoyed at the sound system, sounds like crap even after I replaced it all.
No amp on the dash and sound bar speakers?
post #12 of 55 Old 06-04-2021, 11:19 AM
CGrugger
Web Wheeler

1936 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbro's View Post
Hey I'm in Hampstead NC

Hmm... I find a lot annoying with my TJ and LJ, but find my self driving one of them back and forth on the short commute to work than I do my CTS-V..

First though I am very annoyed that my heavy 5spd TJ on 35's and 4.56 gears feels more powerful and accelerates harder than my almost stock 6spd LJ on 4.10 and 33s...

Also my TJ whistles when I let off the gas, but its somewhat dependent on the weather/temperature. Also annoyed at the sound system, sounds like crap even after I replaced it all.
Hey neighbor.

I have been pretty happy with my amped speakers in the sound bar and dash. They are starting to sound bad now, but I have had them in for 5 years and typically leave my top off in the summer and I am sure they get damp.

I have no bass in the system, but I can hear music fine, even doing 70 on the highway

post #13 of 55 Old 06-04-2021, 11:20 AM
Yellow00Sahra

How the cab shrinks if you leave the top down in a warm summer rain. (Couldn't be that I'm getting fat...no no has to be cab shrinkage from warm rains).
post #14 of 55 Old 06-04-2021, 05:01 PM
JeepJeffW

1997 TJ Wrangler 

The seat belts constantly getting caught between the doors and the latch. They retract fine it's just that every one of my TJs did the same thing.

"The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
post #15 of 55 Old 06-05-2021, 04:53 AM
Richisinyoface

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Lol Jerry! Only you can solve that one!

Just Empty Every Pocket.......yup they are empty all right.................

NRA Life member

Sienna Jeep club member #65

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in