Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  TheBoogieman 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#116,704 ·
Changed out oil pressure sensor today. Wrassled around trying to get the electrical connection off of the sensor- then remembered that 1) i could fold the hood back all the way to the windshield & 2) there is a red tab that I had to yank out prior to it coming loose. Once I did those two things the job went way smoother.

Attachments

#116,705 ·
Changed out oil pressure sensor today. Wrassled around trying to get the electrical connection off of the sensor- then remembered that 1) i could fold the hood back all the way to the windshield & 2) there is a red tab that I had to yank out prior to it coming loose. Once I did those two things the job went way smoother.
Great tips. I'm next. Did you notice if it was a NPT thread? I am going to put a T in so I can use 2 sendors.

#116,707 ·
Also
Had no idea that a bunch of oil would drain out-- figured some, enough to make a puddle a foot & a half in diameter-- so best to put a catch pan or a huge doubled up old shop rag your gonna toss

#116,708 ·
No sure if I was doing it right, but it looked cool haha
Ya, I could never get it right, it either looked like it is waving at you or lifting it's leg on you

:frown2:

#116,710 ·
IDK
Looks somewhat dangerous
You guys dont get under those things like that do you??
NEVER! Those are post install pics and checking for rubbing, interference, etc.

With a forklift, you can go right to the limit and watch the opposite wheel lift, set down an 1" and check for bad juju. It is better to find the bind, rub, bend here than on the trail.

My rigs are always on jackstands and sometimes, I'll use the lift to fit under bumper, just in case. For EXTRA safety.

Note jackstands and forks:

#116,711 ·
Wow awesome looking rig you got there! This is my first Jeep. It was bone stock in super clean condition when I bought it from my ma a couple months ago. So, needless to say I’m still kind of beginner as far as Jeeps go, but it’s coming along pretty nicely. I’ve been an automotive technician for 30 plus years, so not totally green...

#116,712 ·
My ordeal was a disaster- that never should have happened. as I had learned my lesson long ago.
As I was attempting to shove the plug into the hole where the screw came out of- I had forgotten to put the lid back on the can of glue that I coat the plug with and knocked it over spilling over 75% of the glue on my painted driveway. After I got that mess cleaned up the best that i could- I resumed the process of trying to shove the plug in-- no go, to old and lost my youth. BUT-- not all of my brains and experience. Ended up having to take a pry bar and pry off the frame to shove it in

Its hell getting old
Get a Safety Seal kit and you won't have to worry about the glue anymore.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080IJYVK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

#116,714 ·
Said our final goodbyes... I honestly thought I'd never sell it. Sad to see her go, but at least a buddy of mine bought it for him and his daughter to rebuild. We had it for 21.5 years and put over 165k miles on it. I told him I get visitation any time I want, and first dibs if they sell.
I've said goodbye to 16 of my Jeeps that I said I would never sell "at the time". You have solace at least in knowing that your TJ did more for Texas than the Cowboys ever have in the past 21.5 years.
p.s. You don't want visitation if you really liked your Jeep. I've sold all but one of mine out of my county for a reason. It kills me to see them and the $h!t condition people keep them compared to me. I still miss my 1st TJ.

Attachments

#116,716 ·
Finally got the LS powered LJ out to shred some snow! Spent a weekend at a cabin with 8 fellow wheelers and we wheeled 2 days, 140miles, 6000ft total combined....in the white stuff! Was a blast. @NashvilleTJ ;) I know you are missing the snow

Attachments

#116,719 ·
I've said goodbye to 16 of my Jeeps that I said I would never sell "at the time". You have solace at least in knowing that your TJ did more for Texas than the Cowboys ever have in the past 21.5 years.
p.s. You don't want visitation if you really liked your Jeep. I've sold all but one of mine out of my county for a reason. It kills me to see them and the $h!t condition people keep them compared to me. I still miss my 1st TJ.
I've seen several of your Jeeps come and go over the last 8 years. At least my buddy has a JKU on 42s and another JK on 40s. He's going to build the TJ for his daughter. He owns his own Jeep shop (Addictive Autoworks), so I know he'll take care of it.

#116,720 ·
Replaced headlight switch

I replaced the headlight switch thinking that was the problem, pull it all the way out head lights come on but dash and tail lights do not? If I barley pull the switch the dash lights and tail lights come on but no head lights??? Not sure what to do please help!?