Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your TJ today?

11M views 119K replies 9K participants last post by  TheBoogieman 
#1 ·
OK, I stole the idea from the YJ forum but it's a great idea so let this thread be an inspiration for all of us doing mods, maintenance, or repairs to our TJ's! :D

Personally, I installed my trusty Uniden CB into my new Rubicon. :thumbsup:

#104,983 ·
It wasn't that bad. It just took some time. Yes it would be the perfect time to do electrical mods at that time. I started mine on Friday night and finished every thing Sunday by noon. The heater core was actually cheap but doing all the work to get to it was the issue.
I just replaced so many things under the hood. I need a good couple thousand miles before anything else breaks. :shhh:

#104,986 ·
1orangews6 said:
Does it feel like it is coming from the front?
yes it does

#104,988 ·
I just replaced so many things under the hood. I need a good couple thousand miles before anything else breaks. :shhh:
Yes, I know the feeling. I replaced all that and then installed MC double adjustable CAs on my TJ and 3 days (10/28/2014) later it was totaled. A month later I got my new to me LJ.

#104,990 ·
I pulled down my Savvy UA for the first time in 3.5 years to replace some gaskets. Its crazy how much gunk and dirt I had ridding up in there. I scraped it out with a bondo spreader like brownies lol. View attachment 2157418 View attachment 2157426 Cleaned up really nice! View attachment 2157434 View attachment 2157442 View attachment 2157450
View attachment 2157458
i'm going to say you have a small RMS leak and/or a tranny pan leak. i had the same build up on my engine skid when I replaced the tranny pan gasket.

#104,991 ·
1orangews6 said:
Have you tried removing the front DS to see if the issue goes away? Have you checked to see if there is any play at the pinion? Does it feel like a bounce or shake side to side?
I removed both drive shafts and no change. No play at the pinion. It's a shimmy from side to side. The track bar is tight and the bushing and mounting bracket are good. I also replaced the stabilizer even though that won't cause a shimmy.

#104,996 ·
Ordered 4.56 Motive gears last night from Summit Racing, oil slingers and the like from RockAuto, and a new speedo gear from Amazon.

All 3 will be here by end of week (the gears on Wednesday) which will give me a chance to get the bearings pressed on the pinion gears before install time on Saturday. Huge props to Summit for the 2-day free shipping.

#104,997 ·
djflyy said:
Ordered 4.56 Motive gears last night from Summit Racing, oil slingers and the like from RockAuto, and a new speedo gear from Amazon. All 3 will be here by end of week (the gears on Wednesday) which will give me a chance to get the bearings pressed on the pinion gears before install time on Saturday. Huge props to Summit for the 2-day free shipping.
Nice!! I love summit as well. There store/ warehouse is a 2 hr drive from where I live. A good bit of the online orders show up next day!

#104,998 ·
I removed both drive shafts and no change. No play at the pinion. It's a shimmy from side to side. The track bar is tight and the bushing and mounting bracket are good. I also replaced the stabilizer even though that won't cause a shimmy.
Sounds like the track bar moving in the mount or something in the steering. Does it do it when you hit the brakes? If you have a GoPro you could mount it under there and go for a drive to see what it going on.