Want a FREE set of Poison Spyder's new DeFenders? - JeepForum.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
DTS

Want a FREE set of Poison Spyder's new DeFenders?

Poison Spyder just launched our new DeFender series Jeep Fenders over in the vendor section, check out THIS THREAD for more info on them.

But we're here in the TJ Tech section looking for a five volunteers to receive a FREE set of DeFenders, install them on your TJ or LJ, help us out with feedback and photos of the install, and help show them off and spread the word about the DeFenders in your area.

Here's the important info: We're looking for FIVE TJ's or LJ's to outfit with a set of the new Poison Spyder front DeFenders. We're looking for Jeep owners who are enthusiastic, charismatic, and will be helpful in spreading the word about the DeFenders on the trail, in their local clubs, at whatever events they attend, etc. For this reason, we'd like to have the five recipients spread out across the country geographically. There are no definite boundaries but we'll probably pick one from the southwest, one from the northwest, one from the midwest, one from the northeast and one from the southeast. We're looking for people who are active in their local wheeling scene, who get out and use their Jeeps regularly. We prefer people who are also active on the internet, who post regularly on the Jeep enthusiast forums, facebook, etc., and who carry themselves with respect and courtesy on those forums. We want people who will install the DeFenders immediately, not weeks or months down the road. We want at least a few of them to be "clean" installs, on a Jeep that currently has stock, un-cut fenders. Others may be Jeeps that are switching from competitors' fender products. Priority will be given to Jeeps that already have other Poison Spyder products, or are otherwise stock (without a lot of our competitors' products on the rest of the Jeep).

We will provide the DeFenders of your choice for FREE, and even cover shipping. You will be responsible for paint or powder coating, and installation. If you're willing to do a "full wrap" of PSC gear on your Jeep in conjunction with the DeFender install, let us know and we will work a deep discount on the other items for you. The five selectees will be asked to document the install, help us write/refine our install instructions, provide photos of the steps of the install process, and get the finished Jeep on to the trail as soon as possible to provide photos and feedback of the DeFenders after some real-world use.

Interested? If so, download our Project Vehicle App, fill it out and fax or email it in BY NEXT THURSDAY November 10. We'll be choosing our five recipients on Friday! Yes, this will go quick, we want to get these into your hands ASAP! Our Fax number is 951-922-9069, or you can email them back to me at [email protected]. Note that the App is our generic project vehicle app, so ignore any info that doesn't pertain to what we're looking for here--its just a convenient way to gather your info. Good luck!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 02:54 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm curious about #7 in your Acceptance of Agreement. Are you suggesting you don't want objective and complete feedback about your products? Very few products are perfect. I'm sure there are plenty of people willing to be "yes men" for free products (maybe even me, lol) but sort of makes me skeptical of any future postings about Poison Spyder products when I see something like this. I've been a tester or earlier adopter for other companies products and I must say in those situations I was encouraged to be open and post the good and the bad. Fortunately in those cases there was a lot more good than bad and I continue to use their products.

Also curious as to what decals will be required pursuant to this acceptance of agreement? For example, I don't mind your logo on the hood louvers I will be installing this weekend on my jeep, but if I had to stick a big decal on the door like in your original post that I'd be a lot less excited about.
post #3 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
flying_bosun

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
I'm curious about #7 in your Acceptance of Agreement. Are you suggesting you don't want objective and complete feedback about your products?

I'm rather curious to see the response.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Paul
“Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.”
― Ron Paul
"Did you exchange your walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?"

post #4 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:09 PM
2006_Sport

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be down for this. I'll submit tonight
post #5 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
DTS

biffgnar, please re-read the last sentence of my previous post: "Note that the App is our generic project vehicle app, so ignore any info that doesn't pertain to what we're looking for here--its just a convenient way to gather your info." That is our generic project vehicle app, that I just pulled into service for this to collect info. We're doing this very quickly and I didn't have time to write a specific application for it. This DeFender thing isn't for one of our fully sponsored rigs, which that app was written for, and for which we do require that the person be a positive spokesman for PSC. In this case, we're not looking for fanboys, but for honest feedback. Sorry if that wasn't clear and that the generic project vehicle app made that confusing.

If you're interested in applying don't let the items on the last page throw you. Just leave that page blank, don't even sign it, as that stuff doesn't even really pertain to this. For guidance on what we're looking for and what we'd like in return, refer to my first post above. The application is only to gather information on you and your Jeep so we can choose the five.

EDIT: I went ahead and just deleted all of the pages except where you fill out your info. That should reduce the confusion. If you've already downloaded it, just disregard the first and third pages, and only fill out and send in the form/questionnaire page. Or re-download it.
post #6 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:25 PM
2006_Sport

2006 TJ Wrangler 

How do you go about filling out the form on the computer through adobe then emailing it?
post #7 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
How do you go about filling out the form on the computer through adobe then emailing it?
Scan it or take a good clear photo of it and send it as an attachment. Or fax it.
post #8 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Mayfair_Jeeper

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Submitted.... Thanks for the opportunity!

2006 Jeep TJ X Modded with toys
2000 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Sport-Build in Process
post #9 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:35 PM
2006_Sport

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does this include the relocated turn signals as well?
post #10 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Green4dr

1998 XJ Cherokee 

make somestuff for an xj and you guys can put any stickers on my jeep

98 Green Cherokee Classic 4.0
3'' Rough Country II 33x12 bfg at
Spring Break Build thread/ makeover
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/98xj-classic-springbreak-makeover-1344754
post #11 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Does this include the relocated turn signals as well?
No. Just the DeFenders in whichever fender width you want, in either steel or aluminum, with either of the side plate choices. If you want to run the 3/4" LED's you'll have to buy those or source them elsewhere.
post #12 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
DTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green4dr View Post
make somestuff for an xj and you guys can put any stickers on my jeep
If you have a roll cage, we sell a grab handle you can hang from it
post #13 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 04:04 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS
biffgnar, please re-read the last sentence of my previous post: "Note that the App is our generic project vehicle app, so ignore any info that doesn't pertain to what we're looking for here--its just a convenient way to gather your info." That is our generic project vehicle app, that I just pulled into service for this to collect info. We're doing this very quickly and I didn't have time to write a specific application for it. This DeFender thing isn't for one of our fully sponsored rigs, which that app was written for, and for which we do require that the person be a positive spokesman for PSC. In this case, we're not looking for fanboys, but for honest feedback. Sorry if that wasn't clear and that the generic project vehicle app made that confusing.

If you're interested in applying don't let the items on the last page throw you. Just leave that page blank, don't even sign it, as that stuff doesn't even really pertain to this. For guidance on what we're looking for and what we'd like in return, refer to my first post above. The application is only to gather information on you and your Jeep so we can choose the five.

EDIT: I went ahead and just deleted all of the pages except where you fill out your info. That should reduce the confusion. If you've already downloaded it, just disregard the first and third pages, and only fill out and send in the form/questionnaire page. Or re-download it.
Thanks for the clarification. Apologies if I was dense. Understand the requirements for sponsored rigs, but felt like you were looking for something different here, thus the questions. I will be submitting later tonight.
post #14 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I'll be interested in a free set when the aluminum highlines come out, even better if paired with a set of LJ aluminum crusher corners. I've already got a PSC trail cage from back in Colorado days...

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #15 of 218 Old 11-03-2011, 04:27 PM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in, submitting right now.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in