7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #706 of 725 Old 06-28-2016, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
Blocked off? Is that new this year? I'm thinking of that first big mine where we looked at the turbo TJ with all the Nth stuff last year.
oh sorry - yes you can get to Waldorf fine. Santiago is what's blocked off. Appears new this year or maybe installed late last year. I'm guessing to mitigate risk of some sort after the big EPA spill in southern colorado last year.

There was a Sprintex supercharged 3.8L JK up there this time...was interesting.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #707 of 725 Old 06-28-2016, 10:00 PM
irnmadn88
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
might add Rancho 9000XL to the mix.
I just installed those.

Set on 5.

Drove them to Texas and back.

I like them. Going to have to play with the settings now.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #667
post #708 of 725 Old 06-28-2016, 10:11 PM
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjvw View Post
Blocked off? Is that new this year?
Last year there were signs saying that the mine was going to be restored/preserved.... Wonder if that project started.

post #709 of 725 Old 06-28-2016, 10:20 PM
jjvw

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
I have a vague memory of seeing that now. I think it was the State Historical Fund.

One of my very first trail runs when I still had dealer plates was to Santiago. There was an older couple there working for some agency who were talking to visitors to find out why we traveled to these sites and how could they be made more educational. They told me that the Forest Service had recently considered leveling the site due to safely concerns until they realized that people actually care about preserving the old mines and ghost towns.

2003 Rubicon

post #710 of 725 Old 06-28-2016, 10:50 PM
btn

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Incidentally, someone recently built a modern house right along the trail almost to Waldorf.

2000 TJ, 4.0L, 4" suspension lift, 35s, rear D44 and front HP30 both with ARBs. AX15, 4:1 T-case.
post #711 of 725 Old 06-29-2016, 06:16 AM Thread Starter
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
Incidentally, someone recently built a modern house right along the trail almost to Waldorf.
yea, what's up with that? we've been watching that thing being built for a couple years now. We were trying to figure out if its a forest service cabin or what the deal is. On this trip there was CB chatter, and it was decided that place needs a big wrap around porch.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #712 of 725 Old 12-05-2017, 12:01 AM
mudb8
want it rite or rite now?

1999 TJ Wrangler 

well?

I want your factory 07-up take-off/thrown out JK front/rear Lower Control Arms! Bent ones are perfect also as long as the bushings and cold cut rings are in good shape/useable

ASE Certified Master Tech/Fabricator @ jeepwest.com
post #713 of 725 Old 12-05-2017, 01:16 PM
Hosejockey61
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudb8 View Post
well?
???
post #714 of 725 Old 02-04-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
well?
Well, I've been stupid busy with work, moving across country, rapid career growth and such so I haven't been updating this thread.

So let's recap the 2017 year....
  • In the spring, I wheeled Moab with hosejockey and freeskier - that was amazing. Definitely engaged my pucker muscle, but I can't wait to go back now. I towed my Jeep with my pickup - on the uphill runs, their Jeeps would slow and I would fly pass them at 75mph with a little black diesel smoke On the downhill runs, they would catch up and fly past me. I completely understand the appeal of a diesel for mountain pulls...was fun.
  • In the fall I toured Ouray, Telluride, Independence Pass, Aspen, Carbondale, Leadville, etc with family.
  • As the winter set in took a job promotion and moved to Milwaukee. Car insurance in Wisconsin is 75% less than in Colorado , and my commute is much shorter now...so I bought a new-to-me Jeep: a 2012 Compass. Cute little thing that fits in the city better, and I can keep my pickup and LJ off the salted roads.

Also, for those of you hating the photobucket picture blocking...see this: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...=1517752024957
NHfireLJ likes this.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #715 of 725 Old 02-04-2018, 08:37 AM
NHfireLJ
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
Well, I've been stupid busy with work, moving across country, rapid career growth and such so I haven't been updating this thread.

• In the spring, I wheeled Moab with hosejockey and freeskier - that was amazing. Definitely engaged my pucker muscle, but I can't wait to go back now. I towed my Jeep with my pickup - on the uphill runs, their Jeeps would slow and I would fly pass them at 75mph with a little black diesel smoke On the downhill runs, they would catch up and fly past me. I completely understand the appeal of a diesel for mountain pulls...was fun.
  • In the fall I toured Ouray, Telluride, Independence Pass, Aspen, Carbondale, Leadville, etc with family.
  • As the winter set in took a job promotion and moved to Milwaukee. Car insurance in Wisconsin is 75% less than in Colorado , and my commute is much shorter now...so I bought a new-to-me Jeep: a 2012 Compass. Cute little thing that fits in the city better, and I can keep my pickup and LJ off the salted roads.

Also, for those of you hating the photobucket picture blocking...see this: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...=1517752024957
Nice update. Moab bound next month with the YJ unlimited... Was planning on towing the jeep. Pulled all the DPF EGR restrictions off the Dmax. Sooooo much nicer, but we got a sweet deal on shipping the rigs out... So saved me 6 days of travelling...

AUDREY...95 YJ UNLIMITED LS

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495
SOLD

BETTY...94, Stroker 4.6,35"s, SOLD

style intake
post #716 of 725 Old 02-04-2018, 09:49 AM
toximus
Web Wheeler
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Quote:
well?

• In the spring, I wheeled Moab with hosejockey and freeskier - that was amazing. Definitely engaged my pucker muscle, but I can't wait to go back now. I towed my Jeep with my pickup - on the uphill runs, their Jeeps would slow and I would fly pass them at 75mph with a little black diesel smoke [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/images/JeepForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG] On the downhill runs, they would catch up and fly past me. I completely understand the appeal of a diesel for mountain pulls...was fun.
  • As the winter set in took a job promotion and moved to Milwaukee. Car insurance in Wisconsin is 75% less than in Colorado [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/images/JeepForum_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG], and my commute is much shorter now...so I bought a new-to-me Jeep: a 2012 Compass. Cute little thing that fits in the city better, and I can keep my pickup and LJ off the salted roads.

Welcome to Wisconsin! If you ever need a hand wrenching or want to go Jeeping just hit me up!

Building the right way for 37s.
post #717 of 725 Old 02-13-2018, 08:31 PM
bobthetj03

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Did you ever resolve your vibes issue after re-gearing

Bob's boring build:

White Jeep club member #2003

post #718 of 725 Old 02-14-2018, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Unlimited04

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
Did you ever resolve your vibes issue after re-gearing
After ~70k miles of living with it, I found the vibes were best "resolved" by driving a different vehicle daily....
NHfireLJ likes this.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #719 of 725 Old 02-20-2018, 06:54 PM
-sean-

2017 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
After ~70k miles of living with it, I found the vibes were best "resolved" by driving a different vehicle daily....
... as long as it's not another Jeep.

post #720 of 725 Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM
jjvw

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
... as long as it's not another Jeep.
You might be surprised by what's in the driveway now!

2003 Rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in