Tymeks45 Build Thread - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 05-27-2020, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Tymeks45 Build Thread

Well....Iím excited. I did one of these years ago....A LONG time ago and had a ton of fun. So Iím going to give it a go again.

I have a ton of stuff planned in the short term. Iíll do the best I can to give my opinions of stuff, but to be honest all of this is new to me as Iím new to Jeep. Either way, hopefully youíll tag a long for the ride.

Today is easy. I got the new rims and tires in. I couldnít help myself in putting them on. I was going to wait, since theyíre about to come off again anyway....BUUUT, I couldnít help myself.

Hereís the before pic.

Attached Thumbnails
81FF2C5D-BD59-4A34-982D-3685E557B7D1.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 05-27-2020, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

As you can see a needs a little love, but I plan on giving it all I got.

Hereís the after pic of the first mod.
Attached Thumbnails
3634D44E-0AAD-4554-AFA4-89C9E25CB5C5.jpg   E5E3321A-2BFF-4F25-B491-FF84A7B488D9.jpg  
post #3 of 17 Old 05-27-2020, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I didnít forget the spare. I just ordered the MorRyde tailgate carrier. It didnít dawn on me that the factory one wasnít going to be up to the challenge of holding the 33ís until I saw them today. So I got that coming and will install the spare once I get the new carrier installed.

Coming up soon;

June 10th it goes in for new gears from and back. Itís currently got 3.07ís in it now, booo. But I wasnít able to tackle the regear myself as that is slightly outside of my wheelhouse. So Iím having a local shop do that for me. Theyíll be installing an E-Locker and making it a Super35 in the back while theyíre there.

Once I get it back from the shop then I have a ton of stuff Iíll be doing.

First off is the Suspension. JKS 3 inch suspension going in. Super excited about that. Itís currently got a 2 inch body lift that Iíll be removing. Not a fan of the look of the body separated. So Iíll be taking that out and installing the 3 inch.

With that, Iíll be installing the Black Magic brakes in the front. The Jeep already has a tough time stopping and my wife will be driving this a bunch so I wanted to make sure she had the confidence itíll stop when she needs it to. I ordered those with new bearings last week and got a notification it has already shipped. Awesome how fast they were able to ship that out!

While the suspension is dropped, Iíll be doing the oil pan gasket and rear main seal. From the sounds of it, just sounds like itíll be easier to tackle at that time.

I can see the transfer case is leaking a small amount and Iím torn about taking that out while Iím in there to get that fixed. Still undecided on that. Especially as it relates to installing an SYE. Not sure, stay tuned on that.

post #4 of 17 Old 05-27-2020, 11:43 PM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymeks View Post
It didn’t dawn on me that the factory one wasn’t going to be up to the challenge of holding the 33’s until I saw them today.
Hmm...……...35" spare.

p.s. Spray those flares with some Krylon Fusion black satin paint.
Attached Thumbnails
SPARE TIRE MOUNT.jpg   RUBI skel 8 26 2 (2).jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
GOT IT BACK 6/17. 03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with 4" lift coils up front/Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.
post #5 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I love that pic!

Yeah, itís on the list for sure to get the flares painted. Iím going to get the drivetrain on fixed up first and then going to tackle body. Ultimately Iím looking to probably get a new paint job. when you get up close to it, it doesnít look pretty. But that probably a ways down the line. But sure the easy part is to just spray the flares and Iíll get that done soon.
TheBoogieman likes this.
post #6 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 08:12 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I love that pic!

Yeah, itís on the list for sure to get the flares painted. Iím going to get the drivetrain on fixed up first and then going to tackle body. Ultimately Iím looking to probably get a new paint job. when you get up close to it, it doesnít look pretty. But that probably a ways down the line. But sure the easy part is to just spray the flares and Iíll get that done soon.
I slide sheets of thin Dollar store colored cardboard/construction paper behind the flares to spray them. It's a PITA to remove them just for that.
Attached Thumbnails
RED JEEP.jpg  

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
GOT IT BACK 6/17. 03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift with 4" lift coils up front/Zone hydro shocks/5.13 gears/35" Mickey Thompson MTZ P3 tires/Black Magic brakes. Jeep #17 & 19.
post #7 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Those do look good for sure. Which Krylon did you use? I see the Krylon Fusion All-in-one. Is that what you used for that?
post #8 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 05:30 PM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Those do look good for sure. Which Krylon did you use? I see the Krylon Fusion All-in-one. Is that what you used for that?
Yes.

Quote:
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
post #9 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 09:58 PM
NashvilleTJ
I miss the snow...

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you start a build thread, Tymeks. Looking forward to following along.

Jeff

Build Thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Swing Away / Swing Down Tire Carrier:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Well first late nighter completed. Nothing to crazy, but I was excited to actually turn a wrench on this thing. Installed the MoRyde tire carrier. Had to get that matching spare up there. Instructions left a lot to be desired but it was easy enough. I think if they just spent 10 minutes opening up the program and added a few more small details that would have helped. Either way. Itís in. Hereís a few pics.
post #11 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Iím done for tonight but I still need to go back and adjust the two side snubbers. They donít quite reach. Iíll get that done tomorrow night probably. Shouldnít take too long.

I ran into a random issue Iím hoping to get some help on.

I had to take the rear seatbelt out to access the bolt. When I did that the belt locked. Now I canít loosen the belt to get it back down. It was working fine before I took it off. Weird for sure. Any ideas on if I can unlock the belt? I can hear the ratchet inside clicking. I just canít figure out how to unlock it.
Attached Thumbnails
55637C07-233C-45F8-ABE4-6DA0CAB9E296.jpg   6F7E4854-980A-4BD6-89D1-E2AA4D8E5F7B.jpg   58A48818-710F-423B-A996-F1979E2087A5.jpg   73419A29-7C3D-4B59-8269-B532C59BF0C2.jpg  
post #12 of 17 Old 05-28-2020, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Next up in a few days will be the valve cover gasket. Easy job I would imagine. Probably replace what I can while Iím in there.
post #13 of 17 Old 05-29-2020, 10:25 AM
BM3

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Looks good, remember to flush all the old brake fluid out too... seems like that get overlooked a lot.
post #14 of 17 Old 05-29-2020, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Tymeks
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah for sure. I got the Black Magic brakes with new bearing coming. Iíll flush out the fluid at that time for sure.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-31-2020, 04:23 AM
joe_jeep
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Yeah for sure. I got the Black Magic brakes with new bearing coming. I’ll flush out the fluid at that time for sure.
follow the break in procedure for the brakes! they work well.
when u first throw them on, you will think you made a big mistake!
once u break them in, you will understand.
hope u got new rotors, if not, scuff yours really good with a roloc disc.

flushing out the fluid is a great idea.
i did not, a week later i had a caliper lock up.

if you search this website, there is a fix for your seatbelt.
u cant let them over retract. its happend b4, and been fixed b4.
next time lock a pair of vice grips on them b4 removal, so that cant retract too far.

i will be watching your build!
enjoy.

glfwda #6624
2005 rubicon sahara lj #592

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in