Tummy tuck question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrob05 View Post
You will probably need an angled rear track bar bracket when you do the TT. I did. You rotate the rear pinion a lot when you go to a DC shaft.
any suggestions on the bracket? I want to go currie or metalcloak with the track bars, but it'll be a while so the bracket is all I really need

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Jrob05

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
any suggestions on the bracket? I want to go currie or metalcloak with the track bars, but it'll be a while so the bracket is all I really need
I personally got the savvy/currie bar with dual JJs, with HD bracket. I'd post up a link but I don't see the particular one I have on the site. May have to give Gerald a call.
post #18 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 AM
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I run the Currie track bars front and rear that I got from savvy. Got the rear with the bracket and I am only on 3" of lift. I don't see how I could have rotated the axle as much as you need to with the under armor without the bracket. I may be wrong but somethins tellin me in the back of my head that you cant run the stock track bar with the bracket unless there is some sort of spacer but dont hold me to that. Call Gerald at Savvy he'll get you set up good. Also the underarmor comes with the exhaust hanger, it is adjustable so you can get it lined up good.

post #19 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toberste View Post
I run the Currie track bars front and rear that I got from savvy. Got the rear with the bracket and I am only on 3" of lift. I don't see how I could have rotated the axle as much as you need to with the under armor without the bracket. I may be wrong but somethins tellin me in the back of my head that you cant run the stock track bar with the bracket unless there is some sort of spacer but dont hold me to that. Call Gerald at Savvy he'll get you set up good. Also the underarmor comes with the exhaust hanger, it is adjustable so you can get it lined up good.
A stock rear TB will work with some angled brackets (e.g. RE), but the Currie bracket is wider to fit the JJ so will not.
post #20 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 12:01 PM
homebrwd
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just ordered a JKS bracket for my tummy tuck on my TJ. The trackbar from metalcloak already has the angle in it to account for the pinion angle change if you are looking to go that way. Otherwise the JKS bracket should work.
post #21 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 12:09 PM
toberste
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar

A stock rear TB will work with some angled brackets (e.g. RE), but the Currie bracket is wider to fit the JJ so will not.
Thank you for confirming that. I knew I wasn't crazy !
post #22 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 12:13 PM
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

If you get the angled bracket and adjustable rear trackbar, make sure before putting them on that the trackbar fits in the bracket. I got the Currie ones and had a bear of a time getting the trackbar to fit. It seems like the bracket was about 1/16" smaller than the JJ. With a bit of persuasion, some swearing and brute force I was able to get it in.

Machete don't tweet
- Machete
post #23 of 38 Old 04-06-2013, 02:38 PM
IEcrawlerTJ01

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikkards
If you get the angled bracket and adjustable rear trackbar, make sure before putting them on that the trackbar fits in the bracket. I got the Currie ones and had a bear of a time getting the trackbar to fit. It seems like the bracket was about 1/16" smaller than the JJ. With a bit of persuasion, some swearing and brute force I was able to get it in.
Whenever thy happens whether it be track bar mount or lca mount or whatever. I just grab a decent sized crescent wrench and bend each tab a lil bit. Once you slid in and bolt down. It closes right back up

SAVVY,CURRIE,GOODYEAR

Nuff said...
post #24 of 38 Old 04-06-2013, 03:00 PM
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEcrawlerTJ01 View Post
Whenever thy happens whether it be track bar mount or lca mount or whatever. I just grab a decent sized crescent wrench and bend each tab a lil bit. Once you slid in and bolt down. It closes right back up
Easier said than done when it is 1/4" thick But yeah more or less that was what I did

Machete don't tweet
- Machete
post #25 of 38 Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Sahara707

2000 TJ Wrangler 

309.00 less ROKMEN10 discount code, that's about 278.00. No affiliation with Rokmen, I just bought one for my 2000 TJ.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Attached Thumbnails
image-1551045458.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #26 of 38 Old 04-07-2013, 08:10 PM
rikkards
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara707 View Post
309.00 less ROKMEN10 discount code, that's about 278.00. No affiliation with Rokmen, I just bought one for my 2000 TJ.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
It's a nice skid but doesn't look like you gain any clearance over the stock. I gained about 3 inches when I put on my UHC skid over stock. Course everything is nicely cramped in there now even with a BL.

Machete don't tweet
- Machete
post #27 of 38 Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 AM
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Rokmen gains about 2.25 over the stock pan.

2005 Unlimited Rubicon, Sahara Edition #556, Colorado Jeep Club Member #556
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
post #28 of 38 Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 AM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnlimitedMatt View Post
Rokmen gains about 2.25 over the stock pan.
How do they address the exhaust clearance
post #29 of 38 Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 AM
UnlimitedMatt
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How do they address the exhaust clearance
Before I installed my Rokmen pan, I installed a 1/2 inch bl, mml and the Novak transfer case cable to avoid possible issues.

When I initially installed my belly pan, I didn't modify my exhaust as they say not everyone needs to. Needless to say, I needed to.

I called Rokmen (they were super friendly) and they suggested to cut 5/8 of an inch off of the hanger.

I did this and it is now perfect.

2005 Unlimited Rubicon, Sahara Edition #556, Colorado Jeep Club Member #556
Rusty, if you are reading this, I am still waiting for my $249 refund from 06/2010. Pm me for my address to send the check. Thanks!
post #30 of 38 Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 AM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Alright, but I've got a 1.25" body lift and novak sitting at the house waiting to be installed so I would probably be good on that but I guess I'll just have to put the skid on and see where I'm at is the basic answer. I'd really prefer to not have to mess with it, but will do if necessary

Tags
savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in