Tummy tuck question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Tummy tuck question

Alright guys so I've got some pretty good plans for my 2005 lj rubicon. A pretty important one to my cause is a tummy tuck, of which I've started acquiring all the parts for. I've already got a 2.5" ome lift and don't plan on doing anything with the height of suspension for a couple years, but do have plans for a body lift to aid with the the tuck. So right now I've got a jks body lift/mml, proper length driveshaft for the savvy underarmor and my lift, rear upper adjustable metalcloak control arms, and the novak transfer case shifter cable sitting around. As you can see I am missing the skid, and the reason for this is that the savvy skid is on backorder and haven't a clue when one will be in stock for my order. Just for the sake of being better prepared and giving me something else to do I went ahead and ordered the currie antirock and some rear lower adjustable metalcloak arms for my setup. I wanted to ask you guys what sort of problems do you think I may run with this tummy tuck setup in the front(with regards to the pinion angle)? I know that the front already has a dc shaft, but don't know if I should be overly concerned with replacing the front control arms at the same time, because I would like to save the 500 bucks for now if I can help it, because I am a college student on a weekend/holiday and summer income. So let me know what your thoughts are on that and hopefully I will get an update on when these transfer case skids are gonna be in stock because they have been out for a month at least and the wait is killing me.

edit: went through and looked at my post-- I know the antirock has nothing to do with the tummy tuck, it's just another upgrade I wanted to do

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 08:33 PM
ctorres018
1930 JK Wrangler 

Sounds like you got it all down. I'm also in college and also in the process of my tummy tuck I'm just trying to decide which rear uppers to get. I don't think you'll have a problem in the front. I haven't read or seen of anyone have that problem but I'm not 110% sure. If your going with the savvy skid I would look into getting a raised exhaust hanger and also a lower transmission mount. If you don't wait for savvy check out UCF, nice aluminum skid, recently installed it on my dads jeep.

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/light-sleeper-2-0-a-1800073/
post #3 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018 View Post
Sounds like you got it all down. I'm also in college and also in the process of my tummy tuck I'm just trying to decide which rear uppers to get. I don't think you'll have a problem in the front. I haven't read or seen of anyone have that problem but I'm not 110% sure. If your going with the savvy skid I would look into getting a raised exhaust hanger and also a lower transmission mount. If you don't wait for savvy check out UCF, nice aluminum skid, recently installed it on my dads jeep.
I was under the impression that the savvy skid came with the exhaust hanger and a new tranny mount. But I was looking into the ucf skid, but decide on savvy because of the extra crossmember and the exhaust hanger

post #4 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Also the metalcloak rear uppers are pretty impressive and their joints are supposively provide a better ride than the typical Jj, but you can't go wrong with currie, rokmen, savvy, or mc from what I've read
post #5 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 10:40 PM
ctorres018
1930 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
Also the metalcloak rear uppers are pretty impressive and their joints are supposively provide a better ride than the typical Jj, but you can't go wrong with currie, rokmen, savvy, or mc from what I've read
I think the hanger is an add on you might want to check, I'm not to sure. And yeah I am looking into the MC arms just because they are the cheapest ones. A lot of people are saying they ride good, but I really am leaning towards the savvy arms, we installed a full set on my dads jeep and they ride great. I'm pretty local to where savvy is so I might pick up personally and save on shipping. But then I kinda want metal cloak arms do compare the mc joints and my dads JJs. But as for the actual arm I like the double adjustable design better personally.

post #6 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I think the hanger is an add on you might want to check, I'm not to sure. And yeah I am looking into the MC arms just because they are the cheapest ones. A lot of people are saying they ride good, but I really am leaning towards the savvy arms, we installed a full set on my dads jeep and they ride great. I'm pretty local to where savvy is so I might pick up personally and save on shipping. But then I kinda want metal cloak arms do compare the mc joints and my dads JJs. But as for the actual arm I like the double adjustable design better personally.
yeah i think they're like a 100 bucks cheaper than savvy arms, but I personally wanted to just try out the metalcloak joints, and see if they work as well in real life as in theory. (shipping for my arms from metalcloak was like 25 bucks, but I talked to Will I believe and he got me 5% off so that covered the shipping anyways)
post #7 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 11:20 PM
ctorres018
1930 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljcrawler05 View Post
yeah i think they're like a 100 bucks cheaper than savvy arms, but I personally wanted to just try out the metalcloak joints, and see if they work as well in real life as in theory. (shipping for my arms from metalcloak was like 25 bucks, but I talked to Will I believe and he got me 5% off so that covered the shipping anyways)
Nice, savvy arms are like 279-10% its like 252$

post #8 of 38 Old 04-04-2013, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Nice, savvy arms are like 279-10% its like 252$
(I meant for the full set 100 bucks cheaper)
post #9 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 04:54 AM
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
You will need adj CAs... Front and back to set the pinion angle... I went currie uppers and lowers both ends... MML helps for the rear shaft... I did mine with stock 30/35 axels but swapped to G2 D44s not to long after... Only issue was trimming the rear spring perches to clear shocks...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 TJ(wheeler) '65 CJ5(sold :( )...'05 LJ(Scrambler conversion, SOLD!) 89' Int. Harvester Toter (SOLD)! '80 CJ7 Resto Mod(sold) 1985 CJ7 Renegade (in process/million pieces) 2000Kenworth Hauler
post #10 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 07:30 AM
geiman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The transmission mount and exhaust hanger is very nice with the Savvy setup; instead of making you bend or otherwise mess with the exhaust hanger, it is adjustable.
post #11 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
ctorres018
1930 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_bydesign View Post
You will need adj CAs... Front and back to set the pinion angle... I went currie uppers and lowers both ends... MML helps for the rear shaft... I did mine with stock 30/35 axels but swapped to G2 D44s not to long after... Only issue was trimming the rear spring perches to clear shocks...
So when doing a tummy tuck you need all 8 arms?
From my understanding all you need is rear uppers?

post #12 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 AM
j_bydesign

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
So when doing a tummy tuck you need all 8 arms?
From my understanding all you need is rear uppers?
If you want to get the angle close... Go with the rears... But you will chew up the front drive line...slowly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'04 TJ(wheeler) '65 CJ5(sold :( )...'05 LJ(Scrambler conversion, SOLD!) 89' Int. Harvester Toter (SOLD)! '80 CJ7 Resto Mod(sold) 1985 CJ7 Renegade (in process/million pieces) 2000Kenworth Hauler
post #13 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_bydesign View Post

If you want to get the angle close... Go with the rears... But you will chew up the front drive line...slowly
Yeah that's what I thought, ill probably get the adjustable front uppers at the same I do the tuck and then all ill have left is the front lowers to scrounge up change for
post #14 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Because I know there will be some extra wear in the front and I want to keep my rubi healthy
post #15 of 38 Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Jrob05

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You will probably need an angled rear track bar bracket when you do the TT. I did. You rotate the rear pinion a lot when you go to a DC shaft.

Tags
savvy offroad

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in