tj w/ rear oem bucket seats - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
chrisschumm

tj w/ rear oem bucket seats

Yeah... im new, but figured for those who are interested might find this helpful..

i didn't take pics of the bracket pre install, but it worked out awesome... and had more legroom than i thought it would...

it uses the factory brackets for the rear bench seat... so basically you only need to unbolt 2 bolts to take the whole assembly out. I made it out of 1" thick wall square tube.... ill take more pics if anyone has interest in this.

I found the seats via craigslist ~ 60 bucks... damn rear seats are less faded than the front

this is my second post lol.. and my first fab job i have done on my jeep*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 01:48 AM
flnbar

1998 TJ Wrangler 

looking good. post up some more pics if ya got em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Bennettj13

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisschumm View Post
Yeah... im new, but figured for those who are interested might find this helpful..

i didn't take pics of the bracket pre install, but it worked out awesome... and had more legroom than i thought it would...

it uses the factory brackets for the rear bench seat... so basically you only need to unbolt 2 bolts to take the whole assembly out. I made it out of 1" thick wall square tube.... ill take more pics if anyone has interest in this.

I found the seats via craigslist ~ 60 bucks... damn rear seats are less faded than the front

this is my second post lol.. and my first fab job i have done on my jeep*
Click free.

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.

post #4 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 08:28 AM
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That's pretty cool. Would definitely make passengers more comfortable. Did you lose space behind the seats?

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
post #5 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
chrisschumm

there is actually alot more room behind the seats than i thought... i have a smaller obicon 10" sub box set in behind the seats and it fits soo perfect that i dont even need to bolt it down... if you lock the rear swing door its wedged in there making it impossible to take out haha... that was a nice surprise.. ill take a few more pics sometime when i get a chance...wohoo its goina get to 80 deg today...

ill give you guys more photos in a bit... i know these dont really help much haha... i think im goina mount my 6x9 boxes on the back roll bar pointing forward... haha they get kina loud

ps how do you make images viewable... the <a href> deal aint workin...
post #6 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

2020 J-Series Truck 

Quote:
there is actually alot more room behind the seats than i thought... i have a smaller obicon 10" sub box set in behind the seats and it fits soo perfect that i dont even need to bolt it down... if you lock the rear swing door its wedged in there making it impossible to take out haha... that was a nice surprise.. ill take a few more pics sometime when i get a chance...wohoo its goina get to 80 deg today...

ill give you guys more photos in a bit... i know these dont really help much haha... i think im goina mount my 6x9 boxes on the back roll bar pointing forward... haha they get kina loud

ps how do you make images viewable... the <a href> deal aint workin...
You have to be a member for 30 days and you need 50 posts in technical forums before you can post pics.

This rule is in place to prevent spammers from signing up and posting pics immediately.

And I don't want to hear about your 80 degree weather. Its snowing here!

Welcome to JF.
post #7 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 09:39 AM
Bennettj13

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Love that color

::SELLING HALF OF MY JEEP::

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
post #8 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
chrisschumm

ahh... ic, that's understandable. hey now... it was 29 deg this mornin' lol, anyways, Ill talk a bit more on the construction while im on here... the mounting points for the bracket were made with square nuts welded inside the square tube (careful welding zink plated/ galvanized stuff- toxic gas) i wanna say i used 1/2"x1" grade 8 bolts on the front mount holes.... and 1/2" x 1" carrage bolts used in the back "notches" the seats have a 11" wide bolt pattern, and i used 7/16" grade 8 bolts with square nuts welded to the assembly (this is not really necessary but i dont want any MORE rattles in my jeep ) It took about 3 hours to construct/ install, i think the only thing i would add is a little bracket to hold the seat belt buckles up ( i just have the belts plugged in and cinched tight to kina stretch them where i want em..
post #9 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
bmlawless
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What method did you use to mount those speakers on the roll bar? By the way, someone stole your spare.

Quote:

/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-

()_)-()_)-o-)_)
"TJ" really stands for "TEAL JEEP!"
I'll think of a better signature when my ADHD medication starts wor.....hey look, a penny!
post #10 of 47 Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
chrisschumm

Rear speakers were mounted with those round "c clamp" pipe brackets... drill 2 holes in the box, put the hoop around the roll bar (pref on the padding so you don't scratch the crap out of the bar) tighten bolts from the inside of the box... its prdy easy and somewhat theft proof design. i would use 2 brackets per box if i did it different.. yea yea... rear spare is gone... im saving up for a matching spare... 35x13.50 toyo mt's are prdy damn spendy haha...
post #11 of 47 Old 04-08-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
chrisschumm

went on a ski trip with the top off no complaints from the rear passenger... haha (ill take more pics of the bracket this weekend when i pull it apart to paint. )
post #12 of 47 Old 04-08-2009, 10:55 AM
fox86

can you take some pictures of the inside of the jeep?
just showing the room between the seats
post #13 of 47 Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 AM
edmond

2012 JK Wrangler 

Those look really good. I know many people have wanted to run dual seats in the rear, but this is the first time I have seen it done.

One concern though....it might just be the angle of the picture, but those speaker boxes on the rollbar look REALLY close to the rear passengers head? It seems like it could be an issue?

not picking on it...I like it..just trying to be safe..

2012JKU half doors,40 Nittos,RJ60's,TFLA,Elkas,PS bumpers,PS Rockers(alum), ASFIR 4X4
SOLD-2006LJ
post #14 of 47 Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

In the 2nd to last picture it looks like the passengers would hit their heads on the speakers but you've had people back there so I guess not. Good work though!
post #15 of 47 Old 04-08-2009, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
chrisschumm

what if i only have dwarf sized friends? hahaha yea you are correct its very close to the heads of the people in the rear seats, however i mounted those before i came up with the seat idea... they will be relocated to where the speakers are facing forward on the rear vertical portion of the roll bar..i will take pics this weekend when i rip the whole thing out for paint*

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in