TJ Seat Heaters - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 01-01-2008, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
TJ Seat Heaters

It took way longer than I had expected. Mainly because I took the Passenger seat apart and then realized I didn't have to.

the hardest part was unclipping the factory seat cover off of the foam.

Overall it was an easy install.

It came with 2 2way switches High and Low

Pretty much all you see is the two groups of wires that run the heaters that goes from the dash to the centerconsole and then to the seats. They are black so they match my floor.

any questions feel free to ask.

I also painted the underside of the seats because they wern't from the factory.

My girlfriend bought these. There are many many many kits out there. This one has a 3 year warrenty and claims to be waterproof.

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pedecafiunhe.html

they claim they are waterproof.

They have the bottom and the back.

Look like this.

I didn't take any photos of the install into the seat because I thought it was so simple.

How I did it.

1. Take out Passenger seat

2. Remove the back clip on the bottom seat part. It's a long plastic clip that fits over the metal frame.

3. Pull up the upper secion cover. In my seat it had 2 metal bars to hold it in place. I pulled it up until there was a horizontal metal bar.

4. After that, I used the supplied Duct Tape to hold them on the vertical piece of the seat.

5. Pull the upper cover over the heater and put the clips back

6. Slide the lower one in as far as you can and I taped it only in the back. It wasn't going anywhere. There are 2 more metal bars that keep it going side to side and another on in the front. I used the supplied tape to hold the back down.

7. Pull the cover back over.

8. Pull the dash apart. On my 03 I used the blank square next to the 4 blank factory switch locations. I drilled 2 holes in the square. The directions said 5/8" bit but it was much larger. I went with the directions and didn't measure the switch itself. I didn't feel like going back to the store to get another bit so I just used the bit I bought and the dremel to make it larger. I used a wood bit and took it slower. Wood bit price 3.99 Regular bit 18.99

9. after all that I attached the wire to my aux fuse block I had put in a while back. both of the heaters are on the same fuse and I didn't use the supplied inline fuse that they supplied since I used the fuse in my fuse block. I also ran a ground wire for the system.

10. After running all the wires I put the passenger seat back in to check the wiring before I finnished up the wiring.

11. for the driver side use steps 1-7.

I had taken the passenger seat apart about 10 bolts out and then realized I didn't have to take any out. Overall it took about 45 min per seat including taking it out and putting it back. The hardes part was getting the clip back.

The directions were there. I skimmed them, but I knew how I wanted them. For someone who had no idea on how to do it, they would be helpful.

97 TJ 37s custom long arm
Gen right stretch tank
03 TJ buggy project. Stretched tub to LJ, Goat Built chassis, tons 42 pit bulls

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 QCLB 4wd Cummins tow rig
24 Gooseneck PJ trailer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-01-2008, 03:55 PM Thread Starter
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
The main wire taped together. Drilled and screwed the clip to the floor

switches. Left to right. Reverse, Front KC, blank, Air compressor, Driver heater Passenger Heater

97 TJ 37s custom long arm
Gen right stretch tank
03 TJ buggy project. Stretched tub to LJ, Goat Built chassis, tons 42 pit bulls

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

04 QCLB 4wd Cummins tow rig
24 Gooseneck PJ trailer
post #3 of 3 Old 12-05-2008, 11:41 AM
LoneJeeper
i wear foil underwear too

2013 MJ Comanche 

How does it work for ya?

hm. how is it you have no ashtray, and two power outlets? wtf. i want that.

ಠ_ಠ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in