TJ Radiator Cooling - Page 4 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 47 Old 07-31-2016, 12:41 PM
Airstreamer67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The reason I like them is that you can get so much darn information from a small space. I'm a gauge whore, and it takes a lot of real estate in the cockpit to accommodate them all.

I agree about the analog gauges. I've got a passel of them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 47 Old 08-01-2016, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
thebestskibum
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The gauges are from PLX: http://www.plxdevices.com/Automotive...sors-s/108.htm . I first bought an analog gauge but before I put it in I realized that I would have ALOT of 2 1/16 gauges everywhere in order to see what I wanted to see. So I looked for another solution and found PLX. The best part about them is that I can get all the gauges on my phone (see pic) with the OBDII info, and I get change what I want to see on the single gauge by the transfercase shifters. As far a them be slow to update or difficult to read it's a mute point because of the "analog" read out on the phone and I'm also use to seeing a number...

Quote: "Noting the quote above, are you saying you have seen higher pan temperatures after adding your last tranny cooler? I wonder if you are at the point of diminishing returns on the coolers. I've read warnings from an auto tranny engineer in a Ford forum against adding too many coolers. He recommended keeping the radiator cooler and just one air-to-fluid auxiliary. The reason: increasing restrictions with each additional cooler, which could reduce the fluid pressure and flow, thus potentially harming the tranny. "

I actually installed the "last" tranny cooler first, it's the last in the loop... so no it not higher after adding that one. I'll probably pull the frame rail one and aux under the tub over the winter. I think the 100 degree days are over here in Salt Lake City so I won't be able to stress the system till next year.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3092.jpg  

Tags
cooling , overheat , radiator , turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in