TJ Interior Bed Lined - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sand1235

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-10-2017, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
EasyComeEasyGo

I'm looking to bedline the interior of my Jeep pretty soon. I like cheap mods, so I think I'm going to go with the Rustoleum roll on kit at Walmart. My question for anyone who has done this is will one quart cover the interior hull of a two door? Also, is it a single coat project and is that at any risk of scratching off with my dogs sitting in the back? Any pics of recent jobs? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-10-2017, 08:42 PM
mukluk
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't personally used the Rustoleum bedliner, but I did use Herculiner in my TJ. If it covers the same as Herc, you're most likely going to want at least two quarts to get decent coverage inside the tub from front to back and up just under the belt rails.

2000 TJ SE
2005 LJ Rubicon
post #3 of 8 Old 09-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Sand1235
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyComeEasyGo View Post
I'm looking to bedline the interior of my Jeep pretty soon. I like cheap mods, so I think I'm going to go with the Rustoleum roll on kit at Walmart. My question for anyone who has done this is will one quart cover the interior hull of a two door? Also, is it a single coat project and is that at any risk of scratching off with my dogs sitting in the back? Any pics of recent jobs? Thanks!
I love my monstaliner. I have it in my Jeep, my brothers Jeep, and my friends Jeep has it. All in black.
GreenliftedTJ97 likes this.

04 TJ-6

12 JKU- 37's, AEV Wheels, 2" Lift, Mopar Hightop Fenders, LoD Rear Bumper, 4.88 Gears

post #4 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 06:55 AM
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I can't comment on the coverage, but there have been some threads (here and on other sites) that comment or complain on the actual textures of the different bedliners, as well as the longevity. Some are too rough and trap dirt. Some are made with ground rubber which rubs off easily, leaving the paint underneath exposed. I don't remember which brand has which problem. I'd recommend doing a bit of research before making your final decision (not saying don't do it, just make sure you know what could happen).
post #5 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 08:06 AM
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Prep work is everything. So if you're going to go to all that trouble then why cheap out on the product. You're still saving money by doing it yourself.
post #6 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 09:15 AM
zackcj7
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just used Raptor in the bed of my tow rig. Kit was around $120 on Amazon and came with the gun. I've used Herculiner in the past and the Raptor turned out much better. The Raptor finish is similar to Linex, the Herculiner is a lot more coarse.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 10:03 AM
rbaucom7266
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackcj7 View Post
I just used Raptor in the bed of my tow rig. Kit was around $120 on Amazon and came with the gun. I've used Herculiner in the past and the Raptor turned out much better. The Raptor finish is similar to Linex, the Herculiner is a lot more coarse.

I used the Raptor also. It's awesome coats great. Easy to clean as well. I liked it so much I even painted my rear bumper with the left over I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #8 of 8 Old 09-11-2017, 10:21 AM
T-Jay
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Raptor is absolutely the way to go. image-3652073496.jpg
image-1194162932.jpg

My Surgical TJ-6 Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in