TJ Dash Light Wiring Schematic? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 12-29-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

TJ Dash Light Wiring Schematic?

A little over a month ago, my rear wiper switch imploded on itself and took my dashlights with it. I have replaced the rear wiper switch, but my dash lights are still fubar. I've been putting off wire-chasing because it's been so blooming cold lately, but we're looking at a week of almost-above-freezing temps, so I thought I would take this 'heat wave' as an opportunity to try to fix the dash lights.

I have checked ALL fuses, etc. and have come to the conclusion that there must be a wire fried between the fuse block and the lights themselves. I'm looking for a wiring schematic that includes the dash lights and switch so I know which wires to check.

FYI: 03 TJ-X

Thanks for any help..

CJ

Blue 2003 TJ X
4" lift; 33x12.50 KM2s; front LockRight
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-29-2008, 10:30 AM
badassjeep04
2003 TJ Wrangler 

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652960

for the time being these should help you out, ill PM u the FSM later when i get home.. these should help you though.

I still havent figured my problem out yet si i puchased a new guage cluster. you said that the wiper switch might of damaged the dash lights? is this for the front or rear wiper. let me know because this might help my problem
post #3 of 3 Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
CJnaTJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. That's some pretty in-depth diagnosis. I'm not looking forward to getting into it as much as I was before. I hate fighting electrical problems.

My rear wiper switch is the one that fried. I went to turn the wiper on one day and it didn't have any kind of detent in it - it flopped loosely. I caught a whiff of burning/hot plastic immediately after that. I felt around looking and waiting for flames, but never saw anything. I pulled the switch out and the internal guts of the wiper switch itself had imploded on itself. Ever since then, my dash lights have not worked. I replaced the rear wiper switch, and the wiper & washer both work fine, but my dash lights still don't work.

Blue 2003 TJ X
4" lift; 33x12.50 KM2s; front LockRight

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in