Thinking about buying this jeep? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-01-2007, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
X53Gunner

Thinking about buying this jeep?

Ok guys I have been looking to buy a jeep for awhile now and I have limited funds. I have always been scared of rebuilt certified titles. So I though I would post a link in here to ebay (Hope thats ok) I called him and he said all the work was done right and I was thinking about driving down to look at it on TUE. Let me know what you guys think? What to look for? I wonder if I can get the extended warrenty with it when it has a certified rebuilt title? Thanks for your opinions guys. I really like it but like I said I have never bought a certifed rebuilt title before. I looked up car fax and he wrecked it at 67 miles in 2002.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=011

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Joerg130376

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well, it depends on what "wrecked it" means.
When I looked up the carfax report for my TJ, it said that in the first half year she got rear-ended. But there's nothing to see whatsoever.
In fact I got rear-ended in a new JK (rental) by a ford focus at 30mph.
Felt like a pothole to me in the JK

The focus had $1400 worth of damage (front bumper, grill, radiator, one headlight etc.) and the jeep only $240 whereby the most part was labor.
The rear bumper had a little dent and some shavings...

Back to your link:
She looks good. Hard top seems ok.
Make sure the seals are ok.
Only thing that would throw me off is the automatic transmission...
But that's only one fella's opinion

Ergo: A slight bump in the back doesn't kill a Wrangler

Hope this helps a little bit...

Save a tree, hit a rock!
'99 Wrangler TJ yellow, 4L R6, 33" Laredos on black steelies, 4.5" lift
post #3 of 3 Old 09-01-2007, 04:57 PM
M2LJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

And there are many of us on here that prefer the auto over the manual. Test drive both if you can to find out which you like best.

That is a nice looking Jeep, but I am curious as to why the center consule is so dirty! It's a hardtop so it isn't like it got caught out in the rain topless like could happen to a softtop. And what kind of lift is on it, and has it been regeared? If it hasn't, it may suffer vibes or very sluggish acceleration. But you will find all that out when you test drive it. It seems like an average price for that year and mileage, you could probably find a better deal if you are patient.

Cheers! M2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in