swapping a 2002 TJ onto a 2003 frame - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2021, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
will0822

Garage
swapping a 2002 TJ onto a 2003 frame

my beloved 2002 jeep tj that i have had for 11 years had frame rot bad, so living in New England finding a new rust free frame was hard. luckily for me i found a great deal on a 2003 frame with the steering box mount fixed to run the old style box, frame notched in the rear with coil over towers in it, and a Rubicon Express tummy tuck skid plate and long arm control arms on it. I blasted the new frame and painted it black, bought new metal cloak dual rate coils and swapped my old axles over to it, upgraded the track bars, installed new brake lines, and then stabbed the motor and trans into the new frame (which was not easy by myself). and then my error was discovered... the transmission mount is about an inch from the holes in the skid plate. does anyone know how to remedy this without having to swap to an 03-06 transmission?

Attached Thumbnails
skid plate.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2021, 06:46 PM
Jeepsr4me

If your local parts store has the trans mount for the newer frame look at it to see if the studs are in the right spot. I remember running into this swapping 05 frame from a 2001..

OR just drill holes in the skid plate. I have a welder and could just cut the slotted area out and realign it to the right spot and weld back up

Tags
frame swap , jeep tj , long arm kit , metal cloak , rubicon express

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in