Suspension/Shocks. AND Babes - Page 2 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 Old 02-04-2015, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Grangler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Yeah, Wayne has said that emulsions are less efficient at dampening, but the IFP's don't use space very efficiently and require some pretty specialized tools to work on or even just change or refill nitrogen. Wayne's used to dealing with racers though. For JF people, I'd suggest more efficient use of space is a higher premium and what is reduced dampening for a go fast guy will work fine for the average JF person. Its a personal choice. For me, neither was the right answer.
I would not rate myself as the go fast kind of guy, so that is why I think the res. shocks would be a waste. Other than the nice looks So say I just relocate the shock mounts instead of having to go through the outboarding process, would a 10" res shock be a smart choice or a waste. If it would be a waste could anyone else lead me to a different Fox shock that would work WELL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Just so you aren't misleading with your title.

Thanks a ton. This will be put in the post so I don't get my tail chopped off

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 Old 02-05-2015, 08:56 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangler View Post
I would not rate myself as the go fast kind of guy, so that is why I think the res. shocks would be a waste. Other than the nice looks So say I just relocate the shock mounts instead of having to go through the outboarding process, would a 10" res shock be a smart choice or a waste. If it would be a waste could anyone else lead me to a different Fox shock that would work WELL?
Sticking with that size and non reservoirs, I'd suggest also looking at Rancho 9000s. Would save you a little money also. Just be careful when buying them. Use actual measurements not their stated lift ranges. Ranchos run long if you use their stated lift ranges.
post #18 of 20 Old 02-05-2015, 01:02 PM
TheBoogieman
Disturbed Jeepaholic

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangler View Post
Thanks a ton. This will be put in the post so I don't get my tail chopped off

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4" coils with 1" spacers up front/Rancho shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/Black Magic brakes. SOLD for Covid-19 pandemic rent money. :(
99' XJ /4.0L-AW4/ 5.5" lift / Rancho shocks/33" DC Extreme country MTs. Jeep #18

post #19 of 20 Old 02-05-2015, 07:54 PM
Partsmke
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
Yes, I am aware of all of that (well, not the part about you visiting Edelbrock). As I already said though I believe emulsions a much better choice.
Internal floating piston shocks are identical to emulsion shocks with one exception. A floating piston located within the shock body keeps the oil and Nitrogen gas separated. This allows the shock to be mounted at an angle, and to perform more efficiently than emulsion shocks.
http://www.radflo.com/choose.htm
post #20 of 20 Old 02-14-2015, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Grangler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the delayed response, but I have come to a decision. I'll be ordering the springs, bumpstops, antirock in the front, and 4" fox shocks for the front in rear that are turned for a TJ. I could not find a local shop that was knowledgable about outboarding the rear shocks, so that may be a future mod as when the cash comes in. I will also be ordering a TF Super Short with a Tom Wood driveshaft. I am also ordering the JKS 1.25" JKS BL with a 1" MML. Anyone have any problems with the body lift? Am I getting everything I need for there not to be problems getting into 4L? Thanks for all the responses and baring with me through this process. Everyone here runs Rough Country and calls it a day, so I'm a little test rig.

Also, check out my little Instagram edit of a little service road trail ride this past weekend (only 15 seconds long so go watch it...) Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pocJ...ature=youtu.be

Don't be to harsh on criticizing the video.. Still working on my movie making skills

Tags
antirock , lift , outboard , shocks , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in