Smittybilt Seat brackets - 49902/03 No driver tilt lever?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 33 Old 01-17-2018, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

for what its worth ...the kit sucked. The tolerances on the spacers, nylon ring and Lever holes were way off and nothing fit over each other. I had to grind the powder coat off of everything in order to make it fit. OD of spacers was bigger than the ID of the lever ring and nylon rings. Hole for the cable was too small.

I am seeing what Smittybilt will do for me....live and learn , if its cheap, its probably cheap

Attached Thumbnails
sbbracket.jpg   SBbracket2.jpg   sbbracket3.jpg  

2006 LJR...the madness begins again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 33 Old 01-17-2018, 09:22 AM
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

my 04 folds but does not tumble on the driver side. passenger side folds and tumbles.

HOKIES UNITED!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 33 Old 01-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2012 JK Wrangler 

My 98 folds and tumbles on both sides. I bought Bestop replacement seats and used their adapter brackets. Neither of my seats came with a lever to fold and tumble but I figured out all I have to do is reach under the seat and hit the release latch by hand. It's actually really easy on my Jeep.
TJnBC likes this.

post #19 of 33 Old 01-17-2018, 04:01 PM
tanksoldier

1997 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW my 97 TJ doesn't tumble on the driver side.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.
post #20 of 33 Old 01-17-2018, 05:08 PM
TroyL
2003 TJ Wrangler 

03 Passenger side only. When I got my Mastercrafts, they make kits for both sides . It looks similar to to yours kit. But they are way more expensive ! I just made the arm and spacers .
TJnBC likes this.
post #21 of 33 Old 01-18-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyL View Post
03 Passenger side only. When I got my Mastercrafts, they make kits for both sides . It looks similar to to yours kit. But they are way more expensive ! I just made the arm and spacers .
thanks for this.

I am heading to a buddies tonight, who custom fitted his seats. We will probably do something similar. Thinking of make a base out of flat bar , bolted to new seats which can then be bolted to the seat riser. Just want my new seats in. My cat has sat in them more than I have hahaha
TroyL likes this.

post #22 of 33 Old 01-19-2018, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

So last night after a cpl hours of some custom fabbing I was able to get my passenger seats mounted! What a difference in quality and comfort.

I ended up using some of the SB parts they sent me. Mostly the spacers and the studs. The lever for the fold n tumble was scrapped as I wouldn't work with the new seats I put in. We had to make some new brackets for the new seats to mount to the OEM risers.

I will have to fabricate some sort of a T-handle to pull on the cable from behind. My buddy is going to 3D print me something next week that may work. Curious what others have done as a grab handle to pull the cable to release the spring for the Tumble. I can manually do it by reaching under the front of the seat, but it takes some effort to do

SB has been really good to me and is sending out 8 more spacers for my drivers side and promise to get back to me on the fitment issues with the parts AND the driver side Tumble lever issue.
Attached Thumbnails
seatjeepbrackets.jpg   seatjeepspacers.jpg   seatjeeptogether.jpg   seatJeep.jpg  

post #23 of 33 Old 01-19-2018, 02:25 PM
SuesJeep167
2008 MK Compass 

Sounds to me that the model seat bracket is for another type of truck that has the seat built in... yours needs the one with the tilt in the bracket
post #24 of 33 Old 01-19-2018, 02:57 PM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuesJeep167 View Post
Sounds to me that the model seat bracket is for another type of truck that has the seat built in... yours needs the one with the tilt in the bracket
I am using my OEM Jeep TJ Seat riser (has the fold n tumble from factory).

I am just going to use a cable Pull handle with my new aftermarket seats. The bracket has nothing to do with the tumble, the seat riser does.

post #25 of 33 Old 01-20-2018, 04:42 PM
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My 98 has fold and tumble on both sides.
post #26 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
My 98 folds and tumbles on both sides. I bought Bestop replacement seats and used their adapter brackets. Neither of my seats came with a lever to fold and tumble but I figured out all I have to do is reach under the seat and hit the release latch by hand. It's actually really easy on my Jeep.

So I can do this on mine too...but its a 2 part process. I have to push a Lever down (closest to console ) AND push the plastic piece (holding the cable) below it down at the same time for it to work. It works 20% of the time lol. It is a PITA. Need to find out an easier way to do it.

Is that how you have to do it?

post #27 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 10:14 AM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post
So I can do this on mine too...but its a 2 part process. I have to push a Lever down (closest to console ) AND push the plastic piece (holding the cable) below it down at the same time for it to work. It works 20% of the time lol. It is a PITA. Need to find out an easier way to do it.

On my Mastercrafts what used to be one lever to fold, tumble and slide, now requires using 3 different levers, although they are not required to be done simultaneously like it sounds like you are experiencing. Not sure if I did something wrong or if this is just life. I followed the instructions they gave me. I just live with it.
TJnBC likes this.
post #28 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
On my Mastercrafts what used to be one lever to fold, tumble and slide, now requires using 3 different levers, although they are not required to be done simultaneously like it sounds like you are experiencing. Not sure if I did something wrong or if this is just life. I followed the instructions they gave me. I just live with it.
Thanks Biff

With the SB parts. They just use the one Lever to pull one cable for the Fold and Tumble out the back of the seat (pics attached). The way I mounted the new seats, I have no room for the lever now. So I need to fabricate something to be able to PULL that cable out the back. T-handle of some sort? That same cable in the picture runs all the way to the front, below that Lever I wrote about above to do it manually simultaneously...
Attached Thumbnails
tumblecable.JPG   tumblecable2.JPG  

post #29 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 03:52 PM
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJnBC View Post

I took the cable off completely. On my seat bracket there is a lever that the cable used to pull, I just pull it with my finger now. I have to reach under the seat about 8-10" but I've got long arms and my Jeep is on a 4" lift and 35's so it's not to difficult. I don't have to bend down very far.
TJnBC likes this.
post #30 of 33 Old 01-22-2018, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
I took the cable off completely. On my seat bracket there is a lever that the cable used to pull, I just pull it with my finger now. I have to reach under the seat about 8-10" but I've got long arms and my Jeep is on a 4" lift and 35's so it's not to difficult. I don't have to bend down very far.
does the seat have to slide ALL the way forward for it to work ?

Thanks for the tips. I seem to have push BOTH for it to work...but have not tried with seat all the way forward. I too have ET arms so I should be able to do it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in