Shrockworks Rear Bumper? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-28-2008, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
03jeeper78

Shrockworks Rear Bumper?

So my Jeep got rear-ended last month and I need a new rear bumper. I was set on the Jeeperman rear, but now (after being away from the forum and not researching mods for the past year) I come to find that they're out of business.

So what are some suggestions on rear bumpers? I'm strongly leaning towards Shrockworks. http://www.shrockworks.com/Jeep-Tire...-pr-16201.html Does anyone here have experience with that bumper?

Key features I'm looking for:
2" receiver with safety chain tabs
Shackle tabs
Wrap-around/under corner protection
Frame tie-in brackets (attach to the side of the frame)
Tire carrier or ability to add one at a later date
If it has a tire carrier, it should not rattle, a hold-open pin is a plus, as is a way to mount/remount the 3rd brake light.

I'd almost prefer that I could get it now without a tire carrier and add one later. That's the only downside that I can see with the Shrockworks setup.

TIA

'03 Bright Silver Metallic TJ Sport
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
bassmaster911
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Search ebay for gpfab. Very nice bumpers and a member of the forum Beserk.
Everything you need for almost half the price.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-28-2008, 10:45 AM
JJs99TJ

BESRK does make some nice stuff, no doubt. Is the other person who
rearended you paying for it? If so, go with the Shrockworks, seems like
it has all your wanting.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-28-2008, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
03jeeper78

I only got $400 from the insurance since they just spec'd out a new stock rear bumper and some time to measure the hidden hitch to make sure it is still straight. So, at least some of the money is coming from my own pocket, but I've been wanting to upgrade anyways, and Jeeperman wasn't exactly going to be cheap either.

I'll definitely check BESRK's. Thanks for the lead.

'03 Bright Silver Metallic TJ Sport
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in