shifting into 4 wheel high - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
wrangler4
2004 TJ Wrangler 

shifting into 4 wheel high

My 2004 rubicon has a 4 inch lift and 33's was bought this way . If I shift it into 4 high when I'm stopped it will not lock the 4 wheel drive but puts my transmission into neutral even when I shift into any gear. this only happens in 4 high 4 low is fine. When I'm moving 4 high works fine. So what's not connected? Again only when I'm not moving the 4 high light also won't come on either. Any gear while moving no problems any answers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-03-2010, 09:07 PM
freeskier93
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The t-case has a neutral selection, make sure your not in neutral in the t-case. If you have a body lift it might cause the linkage to be off, so what looks like 4wd hi is neutral. Though linkage can be adjusted.

Also, the NV series t-case is a on the fly system and is meant to be shifted into 4wd hi while moving (note: only with 4wd hi, 4wd low should be engaged at a stop or very low speeds, under 5mph). I find when trying to shift into 4wd hi at very low speeds/sopped it grinds and doesn't work, it's meant to be shifted while moving.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-03-2010, 10:22 PM
fang_x

1998 TJ Wrangler 

just play with the lever, on my 4inch of lift and 33's i had to sort of set the 4high part al ittle higer then it wanted to to set it. it works fine. sometimes the light wont turn on, but you can feel the difference

'98 TJ Manual -2.5" rcx long arm on 31
'99 Xj, Stock on 30"
'86 Monte Carlo 357 stroker. 450hp.

Tags
4hi , tj , wrangler , linkage , shifter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in