Savvy Under Armor - Page 58 - JeepForum.com
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #856 of 2934 Old 12-03-2010, 02:57 PM
ocTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorep View Post
Did you have to modify the fan shroud when you installed the BL? I've held off from installing mine until the TT is available since I didn't want to mess with modifying the shroud. The built in MML of the skid should take care of the alignment issues with the shroud.

FWIW, the skid is the last piece of my build and the most important. Everything else is either installed or in a pile waiting to be.
Lets just say there was some fitment required. Overall a plastic fan shroud wasn't too big of an issue...as long as it holds anyways haha. Gerald helped me isntall it to get it done a little faster and the extra clearance has helped me not beat my fender wells as hard as I was.

"People most often miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and disguised as work." Thomas Eddison

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #857 of 2934 Old 12-03-2010, 03:08 PM
r_unda

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Very nice! Just wondering, what is the thickness of the aluminum plate? I didn’t see it on this post unless I missed it.

Thanks!

My Jeep isn't getting older, it's getting newer part by part

2011 WK2 HEMI 4x4 Overland
2007 WK CRD 4x4 Limited GDE Tuned
1998 TJ SE
1973 CJ5 - YJ OME 2.5" lift, 33" tires
1951 Willys truck
post #858 of 2934 Old 12-03-2010, 06:41 PM
ocTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I know the Tummy tuck will hold the entire weight of the jeep with no deflection (meaning no denting or warping of the metal)

"People most often miss opportunity because it is dressed in overalls and disguised as work." Thomas Eddison

post #859 of 2934 Old 12-04-2010, 08:19 AM
red rubi
So long pal!

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar_Sweden View Post
Just recieved some packages at my fathers place yesterday.
I am going up there for christmas and the first thing Ill do is to tear them apart and admire them with a christmas special bear in my hand for hours

Damn this cold weather, have to wait til spring before I can mount it all to my TJ.
I love it Savvy halfway around the world from San Diego!
I do understand only being able to admire Christmas presents until spring
You'll have to post up some pictures...........of your gf (Swedish women ) I mean your install Skol!
post #860 of 2934 Old 12-04-2010, 08:40 AM
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Each time I see this thread at the top I am sure it is because the 6 speed rubicon under armor release date has been posted ...

Free stickers and picture hosting at Jeep-Owner.com
post #861 of 2934 Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Motorep

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
Each time I see this thread at the top I am sure it is because the 6 speed rubicon under armor release date has been posted ...
Nope, it should be updated when the 5 speed models are done!
post #862 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 04:33 PM
lupinsea

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just a random though on a marketing tie in:

Savvy Under Armor branded jock-straps and sports cups. But made out of aluminum for strength and weight savings.

Sorry. When ever I come across the thread title in the forums I keep reading it as Savvy Underware. So, maybe Savvy Under Armor boxers made out of kevlar.

- Jay
post #863 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

That's some funny stuff!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #864 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Benderff
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Stop teasing me Gerald.

post #865 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 06:32 PM
crazycollinz
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The first pictures of a rubicon I want to see with the under armor is mine with a 6 speed
post #866 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycollinz View Post
The first pictures of a rubicon I want to see with the under armor is mine with a 6 speed
John,

That is a 2006 6 speed Rubicon! LOL!

G

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #867 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 07:09 PM
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
John,

That is a 2006 6 speed Rubicon! LOL!

G
So its ready to go ?

post #868 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Beasley View Post
So its ready to go ?
Unfortuantely not. I spent this weekend modifying one of the existing UA kits to fit on my son's Jeep. Shouldn't be too long for the Rubi versions. I'm probably going to eat my words but being the optimist that I am I can only hope to get these to you guys. It is out of my control but after this weekend I beleive I can get them motivated to produce them.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #869 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
G Beasley

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Unfortuantely not. I spent this weekend modifying one of the existing UA kits to fit on my son's Jeep. Shouldn't be too long for the Rubi versions. I'm probably going to eat my words but being the optimist that I am I can only hope to get these to you guys. It is out of my control but after this weekend I beleive I can get them motivated to produce them.
That would make for a nice Christmas present ...

post #870 of 2934 Old 12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
ocTJ

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I had the opportunity to see it all up close and I admit I was a little jealous you Rubicon's getting all the attention while us old dogs sit out in the rain (pre 2003). Gerald was under that jeep by his lonesome making that fit up nicely, did a bang up job.

Tags
aluminum , belly up , crossmember , high clearance , savvy , savvy under armor , t-case , t-case skid plate , transfer case , transfer case skid , under armor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in