Savvy Under Armor - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:30 AM
zachbh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485 View Post
I sure hope it comes out to $700, and not $1000.

Rokmen lists their belly and transmission / oil skid as a package for $659, and they're probably your closest competition for this thing. For $849 they'll throw in a gas tank skid too (hint, hint ).

I'm with the hint hint guy here. For $700, I feel like this is competitively priced, especially with a unique design. Although its a little disappointing customers can't use their pre-installed MML.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:34 AM
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
If you add up a 1.25" premium body lift, a new transmission mount with relocated exhaust hanger, and a motor mount lift, Gerald is trying to give the skids away for a couple of hundred bucks.
i know, it seems to cheap, but then again im not "Savvy"
post #153 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The question then becomes how long it would be before you had all that done. The requirement that's been sorta glossed over in this thread is I don't want these to be purchased and then tossed in the garage to be installed at a later date. Early adopters MUST be ready to go now with the installation, otherwise they do me no good.
I can guarantee I would start on it the night it arrived or the next night at the latest. I would gladly forgo a wheeling trip to do this.

Question: all of this talk of cable shifters doesn't indicate that that is a necessity does it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.

post #154 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Deacon

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Heh, I'm in kind of an interesting position considering I have a 231 with all adjustable arms, but no SYE at the moment and no plans to put one in since I'll be moving to a 241 shortly. But I'll have no need for locker pump mounts since I'm not a Rubi and am running E-Lockers front and rear. It'll be interesting to see how this works out. After the last K2 run my belly skid is pretty beat up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachbh View Post
Although its a little disappointing customers can't use their pre-installed MML.
This is ridiculous. Why would this be disappointing to you in the first place? You can always sell you existing MML if this is some sort of nickle-and-dime thing. And the new stuff is likely to be far superior to whatever you're selling. Besides, it's integral to the design. Something has to hold up your engine skid... You'd prefer that the skid must be TIG welded to your frame or some such nonsense? Come on...

Honestly after moving to a raised motor mount from Brown Dog, I'm looking forward to going back to the stock mounts. The Brown Dog is far, far beefier than the stock stuff, but the relatively small amount of rubber in its bushing means vibes are much greater than the stock mounts.
post #155 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:45 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm with the hint hint guy here. For $700, I feel like this is competitively priced, especially with a unique design. Although its a little disappointing customers can't use their pre-installed MML.
If you're disappointed over a MML, perhaps you aren't the ideal candidate for early adoption.

Early adopters are a unique and select group of individuals that willingly and enthusiastically embrace a new product and are willing to suffer a bit for that privilege by helping with instructions and fitment issues.

If you're already disappointed, you're not my guy.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
post #156 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Our front cross member does the MML for you. It is integrated into the motor mount lift. What would have us do? Change the whole design to accomodate a existing MML that we have no control of? You could use your existing MML but your motor is now going to be 2" up. We are talking about 6 bolts to remove and replace the existing MML. You're going to be able to sell it anyways!

I'm all ears!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:

Like us on Facebook

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #157 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:48 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
I can guarantee I would start on it the night it arrived or the next night at the latest. I would gladly forgo a wheeling trip to do this.

Question: all of this talk of cable shifters doesn't indicate that that is a necessity does it?
The cable shifter is a great solution, but it is NOT a required solution. T-case shifting is one of the issues we still need to address with all this early adoption installs and see what the best solution will be.

That will be the sort of feedback we need.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #158 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 10:53 AM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The cable shifter is a great solution, but it is NOT a required solution. T-case shifting is one of the issues we still need to address with all this early adoption installs and see what the best solution will be.

That will be the sort of feedback we need.
Roger that!

Durnit... if this happens I would have to get a Savvy gas tank skid to raise everything up to fully utilize the BL

Anyone want to buy a rediculously heavy Skid Row engine skid, gas tank skid, and a trailer hitch (kind of now one piece with the GTS )...

-
equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
post #159 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 11:09 AM
zachbh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you're disappointed over a MML, perhaps you aren't the ideal candidate for early adoption.

Early adopters are a unique and select group of individuals that willingly and enthusiastically embrace a new product and are willing to suffer a bit for that privilege by helping with instructions and fitment issues.

If you're already disappointed, you're not my guy.
I'm willing, enthusiastic, and able, but early adopters are all your choice. I suppose my animosity towards messing with the MML stems from the hassle I had with it last time, hack sawing a bolt off at an awkward angle for what felt like an eternity. It's disappointing in the sense that now all that work was for nothing, if I do end up with this setup one day. I guess I haven't stared at the teaser pic long enough, but I'll go back and check it out. I suppose I spoke too soon. More pics would help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Our front cross member does the MML for you. It is integrated into the motor mount lift. What would have us do? Change the whole design to accomodate the MML? You could use your existing MML but your motor is now going to be 2" up

I'm all ears!
I didn't mean to suggest a change is needed, I just didn't grasp how the front was put together. Thanks for describing it further, I understand more clearly now! I didn't study the front cross member portion of the first picture as much as the belly pan portion.
post #160 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 11:14 AM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm willing, enthusiastic, and able, but early adopters are all your choice. I suppose my animosity towards messing with the MML stems from the hassle I had with it last time, hack sawing a bolt off at an awkward angle for what felt like an eternity. It's disappointing in the sense that now all that work was for nothing, if I do end up with this setup one day. I guess I haven't stared at the teaser pic long enough, but I'll go back and check it out. I suppose I spoke too soon. More pics would help
Next time will be a cake walk because you flipped the new bolt around, right?

Anyway, for future reference and anyone that needs to cut that bolt, a 4" angle grinder with a cut off disc zips it out of there in roughly 15 seconds.

Quote:
I didn't mean to suggest a change is needed, I just didn't grasp how the front was put together. Thanks for describing it further, I understand more clearly now! I didn't study the front cross member portion of the first picture as much as the belly pan portion.
You'll get more Savvy as time goes by.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
post #161 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 11:21 AM
zachbh

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Next time will be a cake walk because you flipped the new bolt around, right?

Anyway, for future reference and anyone that needs to cut that bolt, a 4" angle grinder with a cut off disc zips it out of there in roughly 15 seconds.

You'll get more Savvy as time goes by.
Right. I wasn't about to make the same mistake the Jeep did. Should have used an angle grinder, but I decided I needed the exercise

Oh, I'm sure I will
post #162 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM
ActionJackson
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't stop looking at this, every time I'm on a computer I look at it.

RED JEEP CLUB MEMBER #519
post #163 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 11:22 AM
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Originally Posted by mrblaine
The question then becomes how long it would be before you had all that done. The requirement that's been sorta glossed over in this thread is I don't want these to be purchased and then tossed in the garage to be installed at a later date. Early adopters MUST be ready to go now with the installation, otherwise they do me no good.

Just throwing it out, if selected as a candidate, I can begin working on it once it hits the state of NJ, and if you wanted Blaine I could have a webcam session going while in the garage so you can yell at me cross country if I do not do something right. Also have no problems ditching current Bl in favor of whats supplied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
he made it clear when he said he was. He didnt ask for a photo ID of you did he.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
post #164 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
jg2001
2000 TJ Wrangler 

email sent, Thanks...
post #165 of 2934 Old 06-08-2010, 12:55 PM
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As these 231 cable shift conversion kits are not released yet, info might still be fuzzy, but I wonder if they will retain the stock handle like the 241 cable kit (I expect so)? I also wonder if it will support the 2Lo position (although I've only used a couple times, so wouldn't make much difference anyhow).

Anyone have a stock 231 handle laying around, mine didn't "make it" through the transition to the other Novak style shifter?

2017 WK2 Overland

Tags
aluminum , belly up , crossmember , high clearance , savvy , savvy under armor , t-case , t-case skid plate , transfer case , transfer case skid , under armor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in