Savvy Under Armor - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
 44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1531 of 2934 Old 10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
robert_hollis

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerup1998 View Post
Has anyone installed the Under Armor with a 1" BL vs. the 1.25" that comes with the kit?
I'm pretty sure it could be done with the 6 speed trans, but I can't say anything about the auto.

I say this, because due to trans mount issues (early adopter before they had a manual transmount), I modified my stock trans mount to work, and it holds my trans about 2" higher up than the UA manual trans mount does. No tub clearance problems for me.

Having said that, unless you already have a 1" BL mounted, and are dead set on keeping it, I see no reason to not get the 1.25" BL.

Also, I wanna say that extra 1/4" helps on gas tank tuck, but I may totally be imagining that...

You read it. You can't unread it!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1978 Cherokee Chief - bought for parts, and sold as a runner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 2934 Old 10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Maybe this is a stupid question or has been already answered, but on an LJ, since Im doing this skid in 2 parts,(body lift and mml and novak cable, then skid), if I decide to add the SYE and new tom woods driveshaft, would I still need adjustable upper control arms in the rear for a no lift LJ? Or does the SYE and new driveshaft eliminate that need?
post #1533 of 2934 Old 10-04-2011, 02:17 PM
geiman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Probably depends on how off your pinion angle would be. If you take some measurements now and fudge the numbers to what they should be after the UA install, you should be able to use Pythagoreans theorem (A^2+B^2=C^2) to find out what the angle would be.

EDIT:

Guess I should clarify; that will give you the length of your driveshaft, but you'll need to do a little trig to get the angle. Common sense for me, but just hit me that it might not be for others. If you get the numbers, we should be able to find the angle for you.

post #1534 of 2934 Old 10-07-2011, 02:58 PM
cjtheodo
2004 TJ Wrangler 

zinc

Is the zinc coating a clear coat or does it have some color? Is it still being offered if requested?
post #1535 of 2934 Old 10-11-2011, 11:29 AM
geiman
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtheodo View Post
Is the zinc coating a clear coat or does it have some color? Is it still being offered if requested?
Curious as well...
post #1536 of 2934 Old 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I tried really hard to test mine this weekend. But, I couldn't really make it hit anything. That added clearance is doing the trick!

-
equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
post #1537 of 2934 Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
TJRHD

2005 TJ Wrangler 

do you guys make radiator or any other skids?

NOT A HATER
post #1538 of 2934 Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
PurpleTJ

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
do you guys make radiator or any other skids?
http://savvyoffroad.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDustMan View Post
I took a poo once, and when I stood up, there was nothing in the toilet. I was positively terrified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarpower View Post
Get a good tummy tuck with engine skid and treat it like a pimp does a crack whore.
Purple Jeep Club member #8

post #1539 of 2934 Old 10-12-2011, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman View Post
Curious as well...
No it is not being offered anymore. Too much time and California is making it difficult to even get it done any longer.

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:

Like us on Facebook

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #1540 of 2934 Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
TJRHD

2005 TJ Wrangler 

how long before late model tj's are in stock

NOT A HATER
post #1541 of 2934 Old 10-15-2011, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

I saw all of the parts on Wednesday. Should be next week.

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #1542 of 2934 Old 10-15-2011, 05:42 PM
TJRHD

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks also does the standard sye that you guys sell work with the UA? Do you need the mega short?

NOT A HATER
post #1543 of 2934 Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

SS Sye is best for the TJ. LJ not needed.

Thanks,

G

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #1544 of 2934 Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
krughzn

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Took it out this weekend to the desert and had a blast. Yes I did break it in nicely. It now has some new scratches. I love it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSC_0538.jpg   DSC_0518.jpg   DSC_0543.jpg  
post #1545 of 2934 Old 10-17-2011, 09:54 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
Took it out this weekend to the desert and had a blast. Yes I did break it in nicely. It now has some new scratches. I love it.
You should try airing down next time, it's a whole lot more fun.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.

Tags
aluminum , belly up , crossmember , high clearance , savvy , savvy under armor , t-case , t-case skid plate , transfer case , transfer case skid , under armor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in