S&D intake system - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
2old2jeep
2004 LJ Wrangler 

S&D intake system

Has any one used the S&B intake system with the 4.0? I am thinking of installing it and some type of chip for better gas milage and more power in the 2200 to 3500 rpm range. My 04 unlimited shifts from OD a lot on gentle hills. I would expect it on long steep grades but not easy hills.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 04:00 PM
DaleII

2005 LJ Wrangler 

You have the 42RLE. There isn't a whole lot you can do. It has a really steep OD gear which makes it hard to drive on hills. You're better off just turning OD off for hills, or gearing a little lower.

As far as getting for power out of the 4.0, you really can't with anyhting bolt on. The stock intake provides more then enough air for the engine, so you can't gain anyhting from a different intake. Maybe only if you did something like the cowl intake to get cooler air, but that's it. Chips won't do a whole heck of a lot. You might get a little but not enough to offset the cost.

The best bang for your buck is gearing.

2005 Silver LJ
post #3 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
2old2jeep
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just spend the money on a 505 turbocharger!!!

post #4 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

the 42RLE is always out of the powerband. thats the problem. nothing you do will address it, besides regearing or tranny swap.

read this: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/33...ml#post9838564

as for Cold air intakes...see link in sig.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #5 of 5 Old 07-25-2010, 06:00 PM
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

It would help to know the profile of your 04?

Tags
intake , power , rpm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in