Rubicon Locker Air Pump question (how to wire your Rubicon air pump) - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 173 Old 03-23-2015, 08:40 PM
TJJeepster

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I know this is an old thread but its related and i would rather ask here then start a new one. i have recently wired in my rubi pumps and have everything working/locking fine. But I wired in some indicator lights without much luck. I did a rubicon axle swap in to a 97 TJ so i don't have the indicator lights in the dash. I just picked some small round LEDS and mounted them in the dash. I ran one hot wire from the same power fed as the pumps. ( when i hit the switch to the lockers the LED should have power going into one of the wires going into the sensor (can these wires be mixed up ?) . The other wire off the sensor i have ran to the hot side of the Light and then grounded the lights out on a screw on the fire wall. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? I don't even have power to the lights even tho i know the axles are locked. I would see maybe one sensor not working, but both makes me think its a wiring error.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #167 of 173 Old 03-24-2015, 06:09 AM
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJeepster View Post
I know this is an old thread but its related and i would rather ask here then start a new one. i have recently wired in my rubi pumps and have everything working/locking fine. But I wired in some indicator lights without much luck. I did a rubicon axle swap in to a 97 TJ so i don't have the indicator lights in the dash. I just picked some small round LEDS and mounted them in the dash. I ran one hot wire from the same power fed as the pumps. ( when i hit the switch to the lockers the LED should have power going into one of the wires going into the sensor (can these wires be mixed up ?) . The other wire off the sensor i have ran to the hot side of the Light and then grounded the lights out on a screw on the fire wall. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong? I don't even have power to the lights even tho i know the axles are locked. I would see maybe one sensor not working, but both makes me think its a wiring error.....
sounds like your issue is with the power getting to the sensor in the first place. have you uased a multi-meter to verify 12v at the sensor when you switch the pumps on?

the sensor is a simple mechanically operated switch, does not matter which side of the sensor you are using as "in" or "out".

in the OEM configuration the sensor does not handle 12v though. the sensor complets a ground circuit. not sure what happens if/when you put 12v on it.

personally, I would use the 12v supply from the switch to the pump as the source for the LED, and ground the LED through the diff sensor switch back to the frame somewhere. something like this...
Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #168 of 173 Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 PM
TJJeepster

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you , I have them wired correctly now . I didn't realize the sensor creates the Ground . Ran the hot line off my fog lights and I was good.
Thanks

post #169 of 173 Old 04-25-2017, 12:12 PM
metalmen

how do you wire the diff lock lights on dash non rubicon , what plug on cluster
jseal57 likes this.
post #170 of 173 Old 04-25-2017, 12:55 PM
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmen
how do you wire the diff lock lights on dash non rubicon , what plug on cluster
Did you go back and look though the posts. There are a couple wiring diagrams which show what your looking for.

Cluster needs to be a later model TJ to work. Since the early TJs didn't have locker lights in the clusters

HOKIES UNITED!

post #171 of 173 Old 04-25-2017, 04:00 PM
metalmen

I don't know I'm lost, theres 2 wires to each light both ground? one with a diod? I know is simple but too many post and confused
post #172 of 173 Old 04-25-2017, 05:33 PM
jeepinhokie

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmen
I don't know I'm lost, theres 2 wires to each light both ground? one with a diod? I know is simple but too many post and confused
Yeah there is a bunch of info out there.
6&7 on the white connector for the rear.
10&16 on the black for the front.
Attached Images

HOKIES UNITED!

post #173 of 173 Old 04-25-2017, 07:59 PM
metalmen

ok thanks I think I got it, ground them off the diff plug on the rear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in