Rubber bumper soft top hardware replacement - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 Old 07-07-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter
meaganchase814
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex062517 View Post
Also check Daveys Jeeps online. Basically an online Jeep Junkyard and they have all parts from all kinds of jeeps that they are parting out. Their website says if the parts are not listed, then email them. I guarantee they have one of those and can get that to you for probably just a few bucks plus shipping.
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 Old 07-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Jonny Jeep
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another option that's not been suggested yet is a 3D printed replacement. I presume there are places in the US that can scan/model and print things out like there are in the UK. You could even get a piece of wood and whittle one if you have a bit of time.
post #18 of 23 Old 07-31-2017, 12:09 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganchase814 View Post
The one piece is completely missing...the other piece is missing the pin to keep it in. I'll probably try making up something like this if i can't find one
Here you go! This member just posted he found one under his carpet Maybe he doesn't need it and can send it to ya

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/je.../#post38642281

2006 LJR...the madness begins again

post #19 of 23 Old 07-31-2017, 02:26 PM
Bayou

2002 TJ Wrangler 

After reading the detail from this string and meaganchase814, it makes sense now why my new top is loose at the rear windows. I will check this evening if the piece is from my existing top or the previous one. OP, please let us know if you hear back from Bestop about obtaining this item individually as now I am concerned that I am missing them both.

Bayou
post #20 of 23 Old 07-31-2017, 04:03 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

this is where the part is supposed to fit.
Attached Images

post #21 of 23 Old 08-01-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
meaganchase814
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou View Post
After reading the detail from this string and meaganchase814, it makes sense now why my new top is loose at the rear windows. I will check this evening if the piece is from my existing top or the previous one. OP, please let us know if you hear back from Bestop about obtaining this item individually as now I am concerned that I am missing them both.

Bayou
That could be your issue! it does make a huge difference to have those pieces in there. I actually called davey's Jeeps (http://www.daveysjeeps.com/) and they shipped me 2 for 16$ (16 includes shipping)
post #22 of 23 Old 08-01-2017, 02:50 PM
Bayou

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Good to know I can buy another if needed. It seems I had two issues that caused the loose top. One side was missing that piece and the other side the piece was not resting on the cross bar as intended. My frame is slightly distorted and you have to prop up the frame before you clip the front to ensure that it is resting correctly. Many thanks!
post #23 of 23 Old 08-01-2017, 02:58 PM
TJnBC
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayou View Post
Good to know I can buy another if needed. It seems I had two issues that caused the loose top. One side was missing that piece and the other side the piece was not resting on the cross bar as intended. My frame is slightly distorted and you have to prop up the frame before you clip the front to ensure that it is resting correctly. Many thanks!
mine does the same thing. After bush wacking down worm hole trails the bow gets bumped of the side railings

Tags
hardware , replacement , soft top , tj , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in