Rough Country 2.5" Lift?? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rough Country 2.5" Lift??

Let me start out by saying that due to where I live and my college income I don't go true off road maybe a dirt road if I'm lucky.. I don't need/Cant afford a high end lift

That being said.. I can get the kit for $300 shipped. Just looking for thoughts on anything better for the same price.

Also my mechanical skills aren't great but increasing with each jeep mod I do so nothing too technical please

Thanks for any help in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 03:07 PM
prjohnson
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do a search for the lift on the site & you'll find a bunch of topics regarding it. Basically, it's hit & miss & most don't care for the shocks. I got lucky & my kit has held up great.
Something to compare would be the Zone lift. Good Luck!
post #3 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 04:07 PM
Trendsetter75

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apayne View Post
Let me start out by saying that due to where I live and my college income I don't go true off road maybe a dirt road if I'm lucky.. I don't need/Cant afford a high end lift

That being said.. I can get the kit for $300 shipped. Just looking for thoughts on anything better for the same price.

Also my mechanical skills aren't great but increasing with each jeep mod I do so nothing too technical please

Thanks for any help in advance!
Dont buy RC. 85% of the people on here had it as a starter kit when they first got their Jeeps. Save yourself the trouble and go with Zone or BDS. I chose BDS because they honor a liftetime warranty. If you are on budget then go with the 2 I mentioned. Hope this helps!

2010 JKU (6-spd)

post #4 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Does Zone have a 2in shock and coil lift or is it just the shock and spacer kit?
post #5 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the info guys I think im gonna go with the Zone 2" spacer shock combo and save $50!
post #6 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 05:34 PM
tyvanwie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

If you do want actual coils vs spacers, BDS makes a 2" kit.
post #7 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 05:59 PM
rda616

1998 TJ Wrangler 

There is nothing wrong with your first choice. The 2.5" rc kit is just fine for what you have planned. The newer 2.0 shocks now come standard vs the 2.2 that nearly no one liked. The rc springs are also guaranteed forever.

Rc has made many improvements in the last couple years. The spring manufacturer they now use seems to have a higher quality standard and a much better product.

I would buy springs and shocks vs spacers and shocks.
post #8 of 33 Old 11-07-2013, 08:17 PM
IslandHopper
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is it just me?... or does somebody new start this exact same thread every week?
Maybe I only notice it because I have the same lift (happy with it). But seriously, If one were to search this forum for this topic, there must be 100 different threads! (now 101)
post #9 of 33 Old 11-09-2013, 06:07 PM
edinct
1998 TJ Wrangler 

RC shocks give a rough ride but the springs are good for a lightweight jeep. the springs are only $200 and you can get a decent twin tube shock like bds 5500 for under $50 each.
get an ome rear trackbar bracket for $30, make some hockey puck bump stops and you have a decent lift for under $450.
you could get the BDS springs also but they are stiffer and geard toward a more heavily armored jeep.
post #10 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 07:37 AM
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandHopper View Post
Is it just me?... or does somebody new start this exact same thread every week?
Maybe I only notice it because I have the same lift (happy with it). But seriously, If one were to search this forum for this topic, there must be 100 different threads! (now 101)
Just means there are more and more new jeepers, it's a good thing. They will discover the search functionn as time passes.

01TJ33sWarn,ARBs F&R,bellyup,4.0,4.56s,5spd
99 XJ33sWinch,Electric locker up front,4.56s,4.0Auto
post #11 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 07:52 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I say leave your Jeep alone and save your money for now. Use your money for tuition, books, rent, booze and chasing tail. After you get a job, have no debt and are contributing to an IRA regularly, then budget Jeep stuff.

Useful Write-Ups:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #12 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 AM Thread Starter
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
I say leave your Jeep alone and save your money for now. Use your money for tuition, books, rent, booze and chasing tail.
Well I'm lucky enough that the fire department I'm on pays most my tuition and all my books, I use my student loans for rent. I always have money ready for booze and I'm engaged so no more chasing tail for me.

Advocare - We Build Champions!
www.advocare.com/1210313
post #13 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Trendsetter75

2010 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=Unlimited04;17585273]I say leave your Jeep alone and save your money for now. Use your money for tuition, books, rent, booze and chasing tail. After you get a job, have no debt and are contributing to an IRA regularly, then budget Jeep stuff.[/QUOTE Well put

2010 JKU (6-spd)
post #14 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 08:00 AM
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apayne View Post
Well I'm lucky enough that the fire department I'm on pays most my tuition and all my books, I use my student loans for rent. I always have money ready for booze and I'm engaged so no more chasing tail for me.
What are student loans right now? Back when I needed them, it was 6.8% interest....which is ridiculously unhealthy from an financial perspective, if you know anything. Take less loans. Put money in a Roth IRA. Don't forget food, fuel & maintenance. Jeep stuff last.

Useful Write-Ups:

Fabrication & Build:

Funny:
post #15 of 33 Old 11-10-2013, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
apayne
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post

What are student loans right now? Back when I needed them, it was 6.8% interest....which is ridiculously unhealthy from an financial perspective, if you know anything. Take less loans. Put money in a Roth IRA. Don't forget food, fuel & maintenance. Jeep stuff last.
Man you guys are starting to sound like the women! When I say I'm on a college budget I mean I have some money for the jeep but not thousands for the jeep!

Advocare - We Build Champions!
www.advocare.com/1210313

Tags
rc 2.5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in