Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 314 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4696 of 5128 Old 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM
TigerSpeed
Registered User
 
TigerSpeed's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Clemson, SC
Posts: 142
Question: I have the 2.5" lift installed with the .75" spacer just in the front to correct the rake. If I wanted to install a 1.75" spacer in the front and move the .75" to the rear, how much down travel would i lose? The shocks are maxed out of 3.25" correct? So in theory I would lose 1" down travel in the front, correct?


2004 TJ Sahara Wrangler, Black, 5 spd, RC 3.25", 33x12.5 Duratracs, RC 1.5" wheel spacers, Currie HD Steering, Currie AntiRock Swaybar, Hella Black Magic Off-Road Lights, Midland CB


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
TigerSpeed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4697 of 5128 Old 04-29-2011, 06:02 PM
dscabra
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXST8tj View Post
... Is the trackbar bracket at the axle end, or the frame end?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalemist View Post
I don't remember where the bracket is... I'll have a much better look at it tomorrow, when I install the lift.
If you are referring to the rear trackbar relocation bracket, it installs on the driver's side at the frame mounting point. It's a PITA to get the factory bolt out because of the length -- ends up nearly hitting the fuel tank skid plate, not leaving much space for the socket/wrench. Also difficult to drill the holes for the new bracket.
dscabra is offline  
post #4698 of 5128 Old 04-29-2011, 08:55 PM
SFT2
Registered User
 
SFT2's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spring
Posts: 1,071
Quote:
Originally Posted by dscabra View Post
If you are referring to the rear trackbar relocation bracket, it installs on the driver's side at the frame mounting point. It's a PITA to get the factory bolt out because of the length -- ends up nearly hitting the fuel tank skid plate, not leaving much space for the socket/wrench. Also difficult to drill the holes for the new bracket.
Isn't that the axle end of the track bar?

Mine- 2k TJ, RC 2.5 lift, .75 spacers, Soft 8s, 33" KM2s, winch, lights, and so on
Hers- 06 WK, bone stock until she leaves it and the credit card with me for an unsupervised weekend

You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel.
SFT2 is offline  
 
post #4699 of 5128 Old 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM
dscabra
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT2 View Post
Isn't that the axle end of the track bar?
Your'e right -- I stand corrected.
dscabra is offline  
post #4700 of 5128 Old 04-29-2011, 09:39 PM
SFT2
Registered User
 
SFT2's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Spring
Posts: 1,071
Well, I've been welding all afternoon and have cooked my brain. There was only a 50% chance I was right

Mine- 2k TJ, RC 2.5 lift, .75 spacers, Soft 8s, 33" KM2s, winch, lights, and so on
Hers- 06 WK, bone stock until she leaves it and the credit card with me for an unsupervised weekend

You're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel.
SFT2 is offline  
post #4701 of 5128 Old 04-30-2011, 09:31 PM
miler435
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 3
So after reading like 100 pages of this thread i think i will be ordering my RC 2.5" lift along with the 1.25" BL. Got my jeep in late august 1st time i've ever owned one! Im excited to start giving it a nice look. As a new member i was hoping to get any recommendations for the install and what i may or may not need. Thanks guys

Cheers
miler435 is offline  
post #4702 of 5128 Old 05-01-2011, 10:17 AM
shalemist
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Porter
Posts: 12
Installed the RC 2.5, with .75 spacers up front, and steering stabilizer, yesterday. It took 10.5 hours. Only had to run to the store once, to get better jack stands. Everything went smoothly and would have been much faster with air tools. I took before measurements and pics, but it was dark when we finished, so I'll have to do the after stuff today. I'll know after that whether I need to install the TB bracket. Did not install the TC lowering kit and haven't noticed any vibrations yet, but I've only driven it 20 miles. I'm amazed at how well it rides and handles now. I think it's even smoother than my wife's XJ.

That bracket I had mentioned is on the bar that connects to my steering box.

Oh, and two comments...
PB Blaster is your friend!
Torx SUCK!
shalemist is offline  
post #4703 of 5128 Old 05-01-2011, 09:14 PM
mystangt
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 1,000
I installed my 3rd RC 2.5" kit yest on my gfs rusty 98.

Everything went prettty damn smoothly. It took me about 6 hrs goofing off and a 12 pack. I was pretty hamerred as i got to the end, haha.

But everything went veryyy well, and PB blaster is more than a friend, it was my savior! And yes torx suckkkk. I replaced them all with hex bolts on installing the new stuff though.

I went to bed after finishing it and when i woke up, i made sure to recheck everything and finally went for a ride. I was stunned that everytjing went smoothly and that i installed in on my own with hand tools in 6 hrs (really 4-5 if you dont count the drinking). I thought life was too good to be true, and i was right!!!

I got insaneeeee death wobble that happened around 60 mph today. It was my first time experiencing it and i got scared to DEATH! Honestly! I thought that i was going to meet The Man.

I freaked out and although i rechecked everyyything 6X (i know im weird like that), i could not figure out what it was.

The last try was switch the tires with a 97 TJ i have sitting around and voila! That was it. I just drove it 50-60 miles anywhere from 0-80mph and all good!!

And it didnt even need the tc drop. =)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
mystangt is offline  
post #4704 of 5128 Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Gainer
Registered User
 
Gainer's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orient
Posts: 370
Got my RC2.5 sitting on the kitchen table... install this coming weekend.
Gainer is offline  
post #4705 of 5128 Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
jonhodge
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newton, NJ
Posts: 37
Quick question.... do wheel spacers fit with the 2.5 lift? As in could I use 2inch spacers with the 2.5inch for a total of 4.5inches? I know a 4inch lift by itself would be better but I already have the 2.5 installed...
jonhodge is offline  
post #4706 of 5128 Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 AM
Gainer
Registered User
 
Gainer's Avatar
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orient
Posts: 370
question about wheel spacers... I stopped in a jeep shop in FLA and the owner told me to avoid wheel spacers. His reason was, if I was going to do any off roading. The wheel spacers "MAY" start to wear/mounting holes would get out of round do to hard impacts.... causing a dangerous sitituation when driving at highway speed... He said just pony up the extra $$ and get offset wheels knowing I was from Ohio and he WOULDN'T be getting sale....

Any thoughts on that happening?
Gainer is offline  
post #4707 of 5128 Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM
TheBoogieman
CORONA-virus survivor
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesHELL
Posts: 39,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystangt View Post
I installed my 3rd RC 2.5" kit yest on my gfs rusty 98.

Everything went prettty damn smoothly. It took me about 6 hrs goofing off and a 12 pack. I was pretty hamerred as i got to the end, haha.

But everything went veryyy well, and PB blaster is more than a friend, it was my savior! And yes torx suckkkk. I replaced them all with hex bolts on installing the new stuff though.

I went to bed after finishing it and when i woke up, i made sure to recheck everything and finally went for a ride. I was stunned that everytjing went smoothly and that i installed in on my own with hand tools in 6 hrs (really 4-5 if you dont count the drinking). I thought life was too good to be true, and i was right!!!

I got insaneeeee death wobble that happened around 60 mph today. It was my first time experiencing it and i got scared to DEATH! Honestly! I thought that i was going to meet The Man.

I freaked out and although i rechecked everyyything 6X (i know im weird like that), i could not figure out what it was.

The last try was switch the tires with a 97 TJ i have sitting around and voila! That was it. I just drove it 50-60 miles anywhere from 0-80mph and all good!!

And it didnt even need the tc drop. =)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
You need an alignment ASAP after installing the lift because the toe is so far off and causes DW.
TheBoogieman is offline  
post #4708 of 5128 Old 05-02-2011, 09:36 AM
TheBoogieman
CORONA-virus survivor
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesHELL
Posts: 39,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonhodge View Post
Quick question.... do wheel spacers fit with the 2.5 lift? As in could I use 2inch spacers with the 2.5inch for a total of 4.5inches? I know a 4inch lift by itself would be better but I already have the 2.5 installed...
Those are BB spacers,not wheel spacers.Wheel spacers make your tires stick out farther.If you add a 2" BB on top of the lift you will need everything else that goes with a 4.5" lift.Longer shocks,sway bar end links,brake lines,etc.Just add a 1.25" BL if you want more height.
TheBoogieman is offline  
post #4709 of 5128 Old 05-02-2011, 09:39 AM
TheBoogieman
CORONA-virus survivor
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: charlottesHELL
Posts: 39,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainer View Post
question about wheel spacers... I stopped in a jeep shop in FLA and the owner told me to avoid wheel spacers. His reason was, if I was going to do any off roading. The wheel spacers "MAY" start to wear/mounting holes would get out of round do to hard impacts.... causing a dangerous sitituation when driving at highway speed... He said just pony up the extra $$ and get offset wheels knowing I was from Ohio and he WOULDN'T be getting sale....

Any thoughts on that happening?
He's FOS! If you keep the lugs tight and use loctite, they are more than fine for anything.I had the RC wheel spacers with 35's on my old 03'.
TheBoogieman is offline  
post #4710 of 5128 Old 05-02-2011, 09:50 AM
Holm-z
Registered User
 
Holm-z's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 981
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystangt View Post
I installed my 3rd RC 2.5" kit yest on my gfs rusty 98.

Everything went prettty damn smoothly. It took me about 6 hrs goofing off and a 12 pack. I was pretty hamerred as i got to the end, haha.

But everything went veryyy well, and PB blaster is more than a friend, it was my savior! And yes torx suckkkk. I replaced them all with hex bolts on installing the new stuff though.

I went to bed after finishing it and when i woke up, i made sure to recheck everything and finally went for a ride. I was stunned that everytjing went smoothly and that i installed in on my own with hand tools in 6 hrs (really 4-5 if you dont count the drinking). I thought life was too good to be true, and i was right!!!

I got insaneeeee death wobble that happened around 60 mph today. It was my first time experiencing it and i got scared to DEATH! Honestly! I thought that i was going to meet The Man.

I freaked out and although i rechecked everyyything 6X (i know im weird like that), i could not figure out what it was.

The last try was switch the tires with a 97 TJ i have sitting around and voila! That was it. I just drove it 50-60 miles anywhere from 0-80mph and all good!!

And it didnt even need the tc drop. =)

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I didn't install the TC drop and have had no vibes whatsoever rides 10x better than my old stock setup!

1998 TJ Sport 4.0L 5spd
3.75" RC
33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs

Superwinch 10000lb
Monstaliner, CB, ARB Front locker, 4.56 gears

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I understand.
IAFF Local 3265
Holm-z is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
rough country 4 inch lift kit mossman07 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 89 03-12-2017 12:44 AM
4 inch rough country lift for $500? tonythehazelnut YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 18 12-27-2009 08:41 PM
OME or rough country 2.5 inch lift? erhenriques TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 13 11-11-2009 10:44 AM
Rough Country 4 inch X Lift 06tjSPORT TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 20 07-31-2009 08:29 PM
anyone got the Rough Country 4 inch lift?? hiram TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 14 03-08-2007 08:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome