Rough Country 2.5 inch TJ lift kit. - Page 234 - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3496 of 5128 Old 12-16-2009, 10:36 AM
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?

1978 CJ7 

most time consuming part was compressing the springs...

-Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3497 of 5128 Old 12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
nfunlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Does anyone know if the rear springs for the 4cyl vs the 6 cyl are different? My jeep seems to sag a lot in the rear.
post #3498 of 5128 Old 12-16-2009, 03:09 PM
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfunlimited View Post
Does anyone know if the rear springs for the 4cyl vs the 6 cyl are different? My jeep seems to sag a lot in the rear.
Wow... now that's a first lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Founder of

post #3499 of 5128 Old 12-16-2009, 07:50 PM
andrew383

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfunlimited View Post
only the fronts are different.What do you have on or in the back of your jeep??

97 tj-Locked up on 33's
post #3500 of 5128 Old 12-16-2009, 08:05 PM
sixshooter05

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tWiZt3D View Post
Do you have any pics of it after you finished?Just like to see is all.
Sorry haven't taken any pics yet, might try and take some this weekend as it's supposed to be sunny (but cold) !

Blue Jeep Club #145
2005 Wrangler X Patriot Blue 4.0L 6 speed
RC 2.5 lift w/ 3/4" front spacers, 2.2 shocks & steering stabilizer. JKS disco's
3.07 gears 31x10.5x15LT Firestone Destination AT
post #3501 of 5128 Old 12-17-2009, 07:05 AM
nfunlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have an LJ, so its a bit heavier. Otherwise, I have the stock tire carrier, a hideden hitch, hardtop, rear seat, a small tool pouch, littel red compressor, and a socket set.

In the front I have a winch, but I have ACOS spacers, which give me just over an inch of spacer at their lowest setting. This is what they are at now.

If I put a person or too in the back, or hook up my camping trailer it just about flattens out and is always bottoming.

I'll get some pics later today.
post #3502 of 5128 Old 12-17-2009, 11:06 AM
jalbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb683 View Post
mine was doing this originally but then i discovered i didn't have it resting in the retainer on the base oooppps, it didnt take long to find one trip down the road and i could hear it slipping of the axle. If thats not it maybe upside down? not really sure, if neither one of those works i would call rc
Problem solved and thanks for the help. It was not in the retainer correctly and needed to be turned a couple inches. Funny thing is I sent a pic from the jeepforum to show how it should look and he thought they lost the retainer clips. Somehow he came up with some in 20min. Doesn't look like they will hold anything but doesn't hurt:

Fixed sorry bad quality:

06 Jeep Rubicon 6spd SWB
2.5" RC SL and 1.25" BL
285/75-16 Mickey Thompson MTZ
Currie HD steering
JKS Front/Rear track bars
JKS quick discos

Last edited by jalbs; 12-17-2009 at 11:45 AM.
post #3503 of 5128 Old 12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
AFjeepMan

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orangews6 View Post
I might be missing something but it would matter if you got bigger springs or larger spacers it would affect your shocks equally.
The difference is the spacers would bring it back up to the height it is at now. But I am not sure how much more above that height the 4" springs would put the front end, but to be honest the more I think about it, the more it sounds like the perfect solution...so yeah it's probably what I'm going to do...as soon as I save up a couple hundred extra bucks for trac bar/l.c. arms/springs/and 1" bumpstop extensions.

2005 Wrangler TJ, 3 1/4" RC lift, Cragar Soft 8's 32" BFG Mud Terrains, Smittybilt SRC D-Ring bumpers, Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Body Armor Rockcrawler side guards

[_l_,[____],
l----L - OlllllllO-

(o)_) (o)_)--)_)

Wife≥Jeep>GF

Relearn your priorities.

WANTED: SYE and cv shaft...good condition and good price. for a TJ with about 5-6" of lift.
post #3504 of 5128 Old 12-17-2009, 03:37 PM
77 renegade
2004 TJ Wrangler 

They have a Countdown To Christmas promotion going on this month.I sure hope the 2.5" kit shows up in that sale .The $299 for the kit is an awsome price but it would be even sweeter to score on for less in the sale.I check the site everyday at 1pm lol.

WWW.WHEELINDIXIE.COM
post #3505 of 5128 Old 12-17-2009, 04:54 PM
TJ_Jerry

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalbs View Post
Problem solved and thanks for the help. It was not in the retainer correctly and needed to be turned a couple inches. Funny thing is I sent a pic from the jeepforum to show how it should look and he thought they lost the retainer clips. Somehow he came up with some in 20min. Doesn't look like they will hold anything but doesn't hurt:

Fixed sorry bad quality:
Glad you found the problem, easy fix eh !

No matter how smart you might feel that you are. Remember there once was a time your main goal was learning not to crap in your pants. True evolution is an awakening.
post #3506 of 5128 Old 12-18-2009, 10:47 AM
TJ-Tim

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I plan on ordering my 2.5" kit some time next week. I am a amateur mechanic so I am not too knowledgeable about my jeep, I learned alot installing my aussie lockers on both ends. My friend has a spring compressor but is there any other tools or tips anyone can suggest? this will be easier then the aussie install? (it took me forever because the damn carriers wouldn't come out)

Also I dont know much or anything I should say about alignments or drive line angles. I read about people using adj. track bars/control arms/relocation bracets... how do I know I need any of this once my lift is installed.. I guess I am just worried about the unknown.

I appreciate any advice you guys can give me because I want to learn more about my jeep and feel comfortable tackling anything in the future I have planned for my build.

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı

Last edited by TJ-Tim; 12-18-2009 at 10:59 AM.
post #3507 of 5128 Old 12-18-2009, 10:54 AM
TJ_Jerry

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just don't forget the beer !!

No matter how smart you might feel that you are. Remember there once was a time your main goal was learning not to crap in your pants. True evolution is an awakening.
post #3508 of 5128 Old 12-18-2009, 10:56 AM
TJ-Tim

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ_Jerry View Post
Just don't forget the beer !!
Haha thanks Jerry, I might have forgotten that!

ɹǝʌo ǝɯ 11oɹ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
post #3509 of 5128 Old 12-18-2009, 11:00 AM
TJ_Jerry

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Tim View Post
I plan on ordering my 2.5" kit some time next week. I am a amateur mechanic so I am not too knowledgeable about my jeep, I learned alot installing my aussie lockers on both ends. My friend has a spring compressor but is there any other tools or tips anyone can suggest? this will be easier then the aussie install? (it took me forever because the damn carriers wouldn't come out)

Also I dont know much or anything I should say about alignments or drive line angles. I read about people using adj. track bars/control arms relocation bracets... how do I know I need any of this once my lift is installed.. I guess I am just worried about the unknown.

I appreciate any advice you guys can give me because I want to learn more about my jeep and feel comfortable tackling anything in the future I have planned for my build.
I am actually installing mine tomorrow, I've read through this forum over and over and I feel pretty confident that it will go well. The biggest unknown is stuff like rusted bolts and things like that, so use lots of PB Blaster ahead of time.

post #3510 of 5128 Old 12-18-2009, 11:53 AM
RussL
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm interested in this lift, but still sitting on the fence after spending several hours reading 150+ pages of posts. Based on what I've read, I'm not overwhelming convinced on the quality or value of this lift. Results seem to be all over the board. Some installations are smooth and perfect, many are not...unlevel Jeeps, shifting axles, leaking shocks, bulging springs, to name the more prominent problems. The major plus and saving grace seems to be the price and customer service from Jeff, respectively. Somebody please say something to push me over the fence, one way or the other.
Closed Thread

Tags
2.2 performance shocks , 2.5" lift , progressive , rc , rc 2.5 , rcxtreme , rough country

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in