• 1 Post By shoyu_egg
  • 1 Post By TJ4Jim
  • 2 Post By shoyu_egg
  • 2 Post By TJ4Jim

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 01-06-2021, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
shoyu_egg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Removed a BoostedTech Gen 2 Supercharger...what to do next?

Hey everyone,

New to the forum! Just bought a 2001 TJ 2.5L that was registered in AZ by the previous owner. He was doing all kinds of mods to it but injured himself so he sold it to me. One of the mods is a brand-new BoostedTech Gen 2 supercharger that was installed but never tuned, so never even put to the test. I had to remove it to get it smogged and registered in CA. So basically I have this brand-new shiny supercharger system all wrapped up in my garage just sitting there. Should I take the time and energy to re-install it and remove it every 2 years to pass smog, or do I sell it?

Any advice is welcome! Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 01-06-2021, 12:31 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I don't know anything about super chargers, and the 2.5L engine does get bashed here, BUT there are some who have really embraced the 2.5. One example is user, ArmyRN. If you get a chance to read/follow some of his post and what he has and does with his TJ, I think you'll find you don't need a SC to have a enjoyable TJ.
shoyu_egg likes this.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #3 of 12 Old 01-06-2021, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
shoyu_egg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

2jhanna thank you...I will check him out! Yeah I've been reading some 2.5L bashing and yes its a DOG Bought it for my son...first car. I figure he doesn't need too much speed to get to school and back.
wildman4x4nut likes this.

post #4 of 12 Old 01-06-2021, 05:09 PM
TJ4Jim
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoyu_egg View Post
2jhanna thank you...I will check him out! Yeah I've been reading some 2.5L bashing and yes its a DOG Bought it for my son...first car. I figure he doesn't need too much speed to get to school and back.
Both my boys started in a Wrangler with the 2.5 and they learned a lot, never really worried about them getting into trouble with that. If you want to dump the SC let me know, would love to play with that on my 2.5.
shoyu_egg likes this.

If you come to a fork in the road take it.
post #5 of 12 Old 01-06-2021, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
shoyu_egg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

TJ4Jim, thanks for the reply...my son is stoked! It would be cool to keep it on but CA sucks when it comes to fun stuff like superchargers. I'll let you know if I decide to dump it...I'm leaning towards that since I'm not really good with this type of mod and the tuning involved, etc. Plus it would be a b**ch to reinstall every 2 two years.

This is a pic of what it looked like installed when I bought the jeep. Clean as hell.
Attached Thumbnails
BoostedTech.jpg  
wildman4x4nut and superj like this.
post #6 of 12 Old 01-06-2021, 06:36 PM
TJ4Jim
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
TJ4Jim, thanks for the reply...my son is stoked! It would be cool to keep it on but CA sucks when it comes to fun stuff like superchargers. I'll let you know if I decide to dump it...I'm leaning towards that since I'm not really good with this type of mod and the tuning involved, etc. Plus it would be a b**ch to reinstall every 2 two years.

This is a pic of what it looked like installed when I bought the jeep. Clean as hell.
Both my boys had great experiences on their 01 SE, replaced clutches, engines, brakes and all kinds of good lessons. My wife was hesitant initially but she turned after watching all the quality time. What kid would not want to commute to HS in a Jeep.

If you want to part with it let me know, my 99 2.5 is not a DD so I can play around plus no inspection at all here. Been considering a TDI swap but not sure the investment is worth it.
wildman4x4nut and shoyu_egg like this.

post #7 of 12 Old 10-14-2021, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
shoyu_egg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hi TJ4Jim,
I guess I haven't checked the forum in a while. I would definitely like to get this SC off my hands...still wrapped in bubble wrap. This thing retails at $4600 but I'll make it worth your while for sure. I don't know what the shipping would entail as I am in so Cal. If you're still interested let me know...or anyone else as well. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
BoostedTech Info.jpg  
post #8 of 12 Old 10-15-2021, 09:29 AM
TJ4Jim
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hi TJ4Jim,
I guess I haven't checked the forum in a while. I would definitely like to get this SC off my hands...still wrapped in bubble wrap. This thing retails at $4600 but I'll make it worth your while for sure. I don't know what the shipping would entail as I am in so Cal. If you're still interested let me know...or anyone else as well. Thanks!
What are you thinking.

post #9 of 12 Old 10-18-2021, 04:05 AM
BountyHunter4

Question of the warning fine safe place will shut off soon

I read some on this. Where my ABS warning came on . My radio cut in and out. The red light below the tech came on and my wiper came on . When to dealer to be told the battery was bad.
Had the battery replaced. On my way home got into a traffic jam , My jeep cut off and the same warning. And all the same things started all over again. But this time this warning came up fine safe place will shut off soon .

From what I read not one can explain that warning.fine a safe place. My question my granddaughter hooked up her phone to the radio and it asked to connect. She did. It was some time after. But was it possible by her hooking her phone to the radio is it possible by doing this being a Wi-Fi hook up could the jeep computer gotten hacked.
Do not know if anyone thought of this or not .
Trying to fine out way. From what I read nobody can explain that warning fine safe place will shut off soon .
post #10 of 12 Old 10-18-2021, 05:49 AM
superj

1999 XJ Cherokee 

@BountyHunter4 : this will get answered more if you start your own thread. some people will probably not even read this because its in someone else's thread

the xj is the only jeep left in the driveway
post #11 of 12 Old 10-18-2021, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
shoyu_egg
2001 TJ Wrangler 

i don't know...$3500 and I'll pay for to ship it?
post #12 of 12 Old 10-18-2021, 08:59 PM
TJ4Jim
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i don't know...$3500 and I'll pay for to ship it?
More then I want to throw at it, thanks for the consideration.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in