Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Relocating winch control box???

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DivineKaos 
#1 ·
Alright, so I'm thinking of relocating my winch control box to under the hood. Only problem is I can't really decide what to do with the remote. What have you guys done with the wired remote? Have you hardwired it into the jeep or just deal with lifting the hood every time you need to use it? Pictures or links to threads about this would be freaking sweet! TYIA

#3 · (Edited)
I also ran my winch control box under the hood. I left the remote plug in on the box and bought an in-cab winch controls. (12voltguy)I like having one inside the jeep as well as under the hood. There is also a wireless remote set up that's around 40 bones and it is compatible with most winches. For the life of me I can remember the name. Do a search on wireless winch control, I think Jerry b started the thread. Road warrior products, road something???? I will try to find the remote and get back to ya. I have yet to install mine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.