RE adjustable lower control arms - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-07-2006, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Serafim

RE adjustable lower control arms

Hi,

Sorry about these stupid questions, but I just got a set of RE SR2 lower adjustable control arms and it came without install instructions and I need some help.

1 - Does the jam nut go on the axle side or the frame side?

2 - The other side has an off center rubber joint. The arm side of this joint should face up or down in the mount?

3 - In Rubiconīs website they said that these arms are greasable. As It donīt have any grease point, what shoul I grease (joints or the steel insert inside the arm) ?

4 - After adjust the arms, what is the tork to tight the nut?

Thanks

Mauricio

https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/attac...1&d=1162930210

Attached Images

1998-white-4.0 L-manual-BFG 31x10,5
1999-green-4.0L-auto-BFG 31x10,5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-07-2006, 02:48 PM
UTWeezul
1998 TJ Wrangler 

The jam nut goes toward the frame mount of the control arm. You want the axle mount of the control arm to be the smooth part where nothing hangs down below the control arm brackets. I know the SuperFlex CAs are greasable but I don't know about the superride CAs. I know the rubber bushing end of mine do not have a grease point but the bearing end does. Yours should be like stock bushings just a better/stronger control arm

36" TSL/SX
TNT Phantom Fenders/PSC Comp Cut corners
HP30 and 8.8 w/ lockers
103" Wheelbase
post #3 of 5 Old 11-07-2006, 04:38 PM
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

To explain the jamnut: the jamnut is screwed onto the male threaded part of the arm... that threaded part is screwed into the female threaded part of the control arm.

The jamnut should be tight against the female arm to keep things tight so it acts as one solid control arm.

As for the direction of the bushing... the offset bushing should be on the axle end, and should be placed so the arm is lower than the bushing. That is done to provide clearance so the arm doesn't bind on the bracket when the suspension is flexed.

Picture from stu-offroad.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be Savvy someday!

post #4 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 04:57 AM
Poor Boy
All Around Nice Guy

2007 JK Wrangler 

your instructions are the same for the SF arms. you don't have any grease points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Venture
It's like someone with a fever is yelling at my pants!
post #5 of 5 Old 11-08-2006, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Serafim

Thanks Guys. You help me a lot.

1998-white-4.0 L-manual-BFG 31x10,5
1999-green-4.0L-auto-BFG 31x10,5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in