Rampage/Besttop frameless tops - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
hookedonthebay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Rampage/Besttop frameless tops

hey, is there anyone out there using the new frameless tops? Now that i got my new bumpers on and my snorkel installed, the top is next, i'm leaning towards the rampage unless one of you convinces me otherwise.also looking for any current users of the premium overhead sound bars and sky pods, your input as to whether you are happy or not would be great.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Jeffro06
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Scroll down, follow the links to the many threads about Rampage Frameless tops.
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #3 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 01:17 PM
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have the Rampage and I recommend it.

post #4 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 01:47 PM
SandDevil93
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Bestop Trektop NX. I recommend it. It has a very tight fit, blocks out a lot of road noise and is very versatile. Here are some pics, I just zipped off the side windows and the slid out the rear, so easy, then boom, safari bikini top. I had the old style Bestop bikini top that flapped in the wind and stretched out, not the case with this one, no flopping (plus header bar, nice support). As I understand, don't quote me, the Rampage does not come with the door surrounds like the Trektop NX and you do not have the sunroof feature with the Rampage. Picture of my sound bar, works great with Trektop (had to loosen speaker pods to install top, but a piece of cake). I don't know if my sound bar is "premium" but it sounds great with Boston's in it (larger than stock speakers but fit). I love this top! Getting ready to sell my old bikini top and header and maybe even my hardtop! Hope my 2 cents helps you.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2330.jpg   IMG_2331.jpg   IMG_2332.jpg  
post #5 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
hookedonthebay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies guys, sanddevil is there storage built into the top to store your side and rear windows/ that is the feature that i liked about the rampage.... thanks for posting the pics. i did the same thing with my overhead speakers... quadratec sells a premium sound bar that has to large speakers two smaller woofers and tweeters, don't want to buy when i haven't heard it. thanks again

DON'T FOLLOW ME, YOU WON'T MAKE IT.....
post #6 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
hookedonthebay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

sanddevil, do you ever take top all of the way off or just flip the sun top open? the reason i liked the rampage was the storage pockets for the windows and the overhead storage at the driver and pass. areas.
McDavis, do you take the top completely off or just run safari style? i am wondering ho hard it would be taking off the complete top and putting it back on a couple times per week. i like the full sun in the summer...

post #7 of 13 Old 01-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Jeffro06
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

The side windows need to be folded a bit when put in the overhead storage, but I love having them with me when I'm far from home. When the sun is really strong and it's really hot I like the shade the safari top provides. Taking the top off and on is easy, in the summer....cold weather not so much.

I've had no issues with my Rampage at all, no leaks or anything, but I did go with the sail cloth. It's really pretty quiet too. I drove a thousands of miles (Moab and back) with no issues, 75 mph, heavy cross winds and driving rain....zero issues.

Member of JGW (Jeff's Gone Wheeling) and

Moab Trails I've done: Onion Creek, Long Canyon, Dome Plateau, Top of The World (2), Fins-N-Things (2), Poison Spider,
Golden Spike, Gold Bar Rim, Hell's Revenge (2), Baby Lion Back, Cliff Hanger, Moab Rim, Kane Creek Canyon, Strike Ravine

Shortcuts to key points in my build:

post #8 of 13 Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 AM Thread Starter
hookedonthebay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

thanks for your input Jeffro06, i pretty much have my mind made up going with the rampage. the window storage is going to be the selling point.

post #9 of 13 Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 AM
MCDavis
2004 LJ Wrangler 

The only time I run truly topless is when I'm switching between the hardtop and the Rampage, so twice a year. I prefer safari mode to keep the sun out but still give me open air driving.
post #10 of 13 Old 01-20-2012, 07:36 AM
03_X

2003 TJ Wrangler 

if i had a hard top id sell you mine, i hate it. mine has leaked since day 1 and everyone says its quiet, mines not at all... I did pay extra money for the sailcloth bc of the durability and noise reduction but I feel like the OEM top was quieter. I'm just not very happy with the top and I will be buying a Trektop NX or a hardtop and keep this has a safari...

Proud to be an AMERICAN

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

|
|
/| ,[___],
|---L-o||||||o-

()_)-()_)-o-()_)
post #11 of 13 Old 01-20-2012, 07:55 AM
drakea94

I love my rampage .
Holds up well storage Is fantastic
post #12 of 13 Old 01-20-2012, 07:56 AM
SandDevil93
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The Trektop does not have a place for storing the windows. I just received the top for Christmas so I have not had a chance to use all it's features. Had all the pieces on until a couple of days ago. I do no like the no top option-too much wind for me. I have not tried out the sunroof feature yet......I will today and get back to you. Good to know about the premium aftermarket sound bar....I surely don't need it.
post #13 of 13 Old 01-20-2012, 04:22 PM
ilovegeeksnj
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My Rampage top is the best softtop Ive owned in 10 years!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in