prowd new father - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-01-2003, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
kjg26

1993 YJ Wrangler 

prowd new father

I picked her up monday. She's a 97 Sport! Black on Black. Anywho I figured I post some pics up! Also I got a few questions. Well i can't figure out how to post pics! Damnit!!! I''ll ut em up on a website and link to em. I got a quick question about my rear diff. It's "wet" the mechanic says it is normal? Is it?

thanks

keith

Black 1993 YJ 4.0, 5 Speed
Slowly but surely getting better and better. Trailer build soon!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-01-2003, 08:33 AM
GoTopless

GO TO SEARCH!!!!!!!!!! remember to look under search before you ask questions!!!! (just a tip) GO under search and type in posting pics....them go to the box under that and put it to General Discussion and you should find youe awnser! HTH
post #3 of 6 Old 08-01-2003, 08:56 AM
Dee Cue

2005 LJ Wrangler 

First off, Congrats! To post pics, just click on the link below for details. https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...threadid=22702

FYI, There's a wealth of information near the top of the TJ Forum section called "TJ Forum F.A.Q. & Commonly Used Links." Enjoy!

Blk, '05 LJ, 6-spd, 3" Zone SL, 33" BFG AT on Soft 8's

post #4 of 6 Old 08-01-2003, 01:07 PM
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Congrats, I think you got the best year made for a TJ! So far as the differential being wet, is the differential vent tube connected? If so, where does the wetness appear to be coming from? If it's from the front pinion shaft area, which is not uncommon, that's not a difficult seal to replace. I replaced mine and the seal was under $10. It took me maybe 30-45 minutes to replace it. Most of that time was spent tearing up the old seal to get it out!

When you have a choice, buy American made.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-01-2003, 01:12 PM
Owen

I have a 98 d44 in the rear of my 2000 it leaks lsightly out of the pinion seal as Jerry described. I will eventually replace it but to be honest unless it gets to be a faster leak real quick I wouldn't worry about it.

Smuggler Re-Born.....
post #6 of 6 Old 08-01-2003, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
kjg26

1993 YJ Wrangler 

thanks for taking the time to answer my question. you all seem to know what your talking about when it comes to my problem. I'm going to set up an imagestation account now and i'll be posting up pics of the rear diff and it's issue. The mechanic said that the rear pinion seal will need to be replaced, could that be causing the diff. to be wet? thanks again Also, if you think thats my problem, does anyone have a walk through on how to change the rear diff seal?

keith

Black 1993 YJ 4.0, 5 Speed
Slowly but surely getting better and better. Trailer build soon!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in