Power locks on a 2005 TJ - Page 3 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 36 Old 08-05-2008, 10:11 AM
CanadianCon
2003 TJ Wrangler 

and you honestly think "punk" kids now a days dont carry around knives?? if all it takes is to cut a top to maybe make a few bucks, i gaurantee one of these "punk" kids you are talking about would do it... at least where i come from anyways. And i know all this crap doesnt contribute to what the thread was about, but when someone makes a smartass coment on something i say im going to defend myself.

03 Rubicon
Stock.....Till spring :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 08-05-2008, 10:18 AM
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

smart ***? i was just taunting you - the OP might have a hard top. i have a hard top, i like to lock my doors when my hard top is on because i can keep relatively valuable things in it thanks to the added security. a thief willing to break a window is going to have a lot more balls than the "punk" who is going to cut your window open

i lock my doors when the top is off just because i dont want people opening my door - but thats apparently about as dumb as a screen door on a submarine.

2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

or follow us on
post #33 of 36 Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCon View Post
and you honestly think "punk" kids now a days dont carry around knives?? if all it takes is to cut a top to maybe make a few bucks, i gaurantee one of these "punk" kids you are talking about would do it... at least where i come from anyways. And i know all this crap doesnt contribute to what the thread was about, but when someone makes a smartass coment on something i say im going to defend myself.
So now everyone carries knives, but yet they also all try to open your doors first because they are considerate thieves who want to spare your soft top.

post #34 of 36 Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
BlueFlame

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I did both windows and locks. Well worth it - with ebay cheap prices why not?
Pics in my gallery.

|
|
post #35 of 36 Old 08-08-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
calnhobes
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You guys all rule thank you so much for your answers. I have a soft top and I totally agree with leaving the doors unlocked, It's more for a convience factor for when I have the wife and kids and I am trying to get everyone in and the doors are locked.
post #36 of 36 Old 08-08-2008, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
calnhobes
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenkebach View Post
I put electric locks in my 2005 - they work great! I added a "quick disconnect" feature so I can take the doors off. Made from electric guitar cord (1/4" male/female jack). Works perfectly.

That is an awsome idea with the guitar cord and jack. I don't plan on adding power widows though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in