JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   power locks (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/power-locks-17772/)

bmcm161 08-28-2002 12:23 AM

power locks

Sundawg saw you posted about power locks wandering if i could get some pics of the install before i try to do it myself

wheelerman 08-29-2002 01:53 PM

power door locks

i have power door locks in my 00 tj,but i didn't put them in .the guy that had the jeep before me did it or had someone do it. i guss i'm not much help but i do like myt p. d. locks .:D

KnightFire 08-29-2002 04:01 PM

If I recall correctrly, www.qaudratec.com sells these. They are simple motors that simply bolt on over your window roll down teeth (when you remove the hand crank you'll see it) and all you do is wire them up!

Sounds pretty simple :)

AgentZed 08-30-2002 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by KnightFire
They are simple motors that simply bolt on over your window roll down teeth (when you remove the hand crank you'll see it) and all you do is wire them up!
Dude, he was asking about power LOCKS, not power WINDOWS.

AgentZed 08-30-2002 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Bill
Beat me to it... :D
That's hard to do, as I don't see any evidence that you ever sleep! :cool:

KnightFire 08-30-2002 07:48 AM

ROFLOL, its what I get for answering posts after long shifts....hahahaha oh well :)

KnightFire

YellowX 08-30-2002 07:57 AM

JC Whitney has been selling manual/power conversions for years. Might be interesting to peruse their site for a setup. Be it locks or *snicker* windows. :D
Here's a set: Valiant Power Lock Conversion

Trippnk 09-02-2002 08:24 PM

I installed the door lock actuators myself. It was actaully really simple but I might recommend one of those trim panel removal tools so you don't break off the retainer clips, also you need a small torks bit for the trim panels, a srew driver or two, and asmall drill bit to put holes in the doors were the wires have to go through, I drilled mine right behind the strap that keeps the door from swinging all the way open, some wire splices to extend the two leads off the actuators to under the steering wheel and of course electrical wire, about 5ft on the driver side and about 10 on the passenger side so there is plenty to work with. I bought the actuators at best buy for 20 bucks. When putting the door panels back on, be sure to put the little clips back on the door straps other wise the srews will just spin and eventually fall out. After I did the install I took it back to Best Buy and had them install the rest of the equipment which was included in the price of the transmitters, brain, ect. which was $100. So I had keyless entry for about $150 total. If I had the actuators installed at Best Buy it was going to be $40 per door. Not worth the money.

YellowX 09-03-2002 06:15 AM

Trippnk,
Where did you get the actuators?
Thanks!

AgentZed 09-03-2002 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by YellowX
Trippnk,
Where did you get the actuators?
Thanks!

He said it right there in his message: "I bought the actuators at best buy for 20 bucks."

4cornerzJeeper 09-03-2002 08:43 PM

I've installed two kits, one in my 97 and one in room-mates 00. Both Jeeps have Viper 500 car alarms installed. The kits came from here http://www.autotechs.com/items/item82.htm, part # DS-102. It's a complete kit and plugs directly into the alarm power door lock jack. Installation was simple and took about 2 hrs for mine (first ever attempt) and about 1hr for my buddies.

The kit has worked flawless for sense 5/16/02 and works well with the alarm. When armed they lock, disarm unlock, start engine about 10sec delay auto lock while vehicle is running. Easy to unlock if you need to keep engine running and jump out to get mail or whatever.

No pic of the installs but like Trippnk said get the panel tool. I had one from way back when:D No need to drill holes in the panel for wires though. Just run them and some slit loom under the door strap hook.

I made our system detachable, by using 5 prong connections that accomidate the five wires required. So, like now, my doors are off and when ready I just plug and play again.

Having them is priceless. Never could live without them now. Get em and put em in yourself. I'll try to get photos.

Knave 09-03-2002 11:16 PM

I have a 02 sport and kept the power lock from the dealership, but it's only on the drivers side. Could I the same thing be instaled on the passengers side and plug into the system?

Knave

The time now is 09:41 AM.