OME 2” lift with 33s question - JeepForum.com
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 Old 06-04-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Brewski80

OME 2” lift with 33s question

I just purchased the HD OME 2” lift for my 01’ wrangler and I have a set of tires I took off my truck last year that are 33s. I would really like to use them on the Jeep. My question to y’all is should I order different fenders or just order a 1” body lift so the tires don’t rub? I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff. I will post a picture of the tires I want to add. I don’t think they’re true 33s. Thanks fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-04-2019, 12:16 PM
JeffBowser

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've run that combo for 15 years, plus (I run 33x11 equivalent). A 1" BL is pretty much a must. On my particular Jeep, I also had to add a couple of washers to my steering stops to prevent rub on the control arms at flex and lock.
Ross, Ironhead and Brewski80 like this.
post #3 of 26 Old 06-04-2019, 05:05 PM
KRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewski80 View Post
I just purchased the HD OME 2” lift for my 01’ wrangler and I have a set of tires I took off my truck last year that are 33s. I would really like to use them on the Jeep. My question to y’all is should I order different fenders or just order a 1” body lift so the tires don’t rub? I’m a noob when it comes to this stuff. I will post a picture of the tires I want to add. I don’t think they’re true 33s. Thanks fellas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run 33” Mud Terrain tires with a 2” budget boost. Rubs at full turn, but I never do a full turn. You’ll be fine.
Attached Thumbnails
00924AA4-A8D1-48BE-9312-C30F39C64B00_1559689476044.jpg  
Brewski80 likes this.

post #4 of 26 Old 06-04-2019, 07:13 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You'll need the BL and probably will still need to adjust bumpstops. 33s really needs 3" of suspension lift to maximize performance.
Ross and Brewski80 like this.
post #5 of 26 Old 06-05-2019, 08:31 AM
Goatman#1

I think you will find the vast majority of folks here will say the body lift. Just remember there is more to a body lift than just some aluminum pucks. But it seems to help with a lot more than just tires.
Brewski80 likes this.
post #6 of 26 Old 06-05-2019, 05:58 PM
Neener Neener

2006 TJ Wrangler 

You'll need at least 1" of lift. My previous TJ had an OME 2" lift and 33's and required it. That's a great lift, btw.
Brewski80 likes this.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al The Killer
My monkey likes your monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grape Ape
Just go get one and lick it when you get the urge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 26 Old 06-06-2019, 07:37 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatman#1 View Post
Just remember there is more to a body lift than just some aluminum pucks.
Not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'd rather knock myself unconscious, cut a finger off, poke my eye out with a sharp stick or be forced to go back to work than install anything made by Rusty's.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ on 33s.
post #8 of 26 Old 06-06-2019, 07:51 AM
Goatman#1

What do you need then? I thought you would need a motor mount lift, granny mount lift, a transfer cable shift, and a few more little things.
post #9 of 26 Old 06-06-2019, 07:58 AM
Duck Doctor
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What do you need then? I thought you would need a motor mount lift, granny mount lift, a transfer cable shift, and a few more little things.
None of those items are required for a body lift. Adjusting the fan shrouds negates the MML. Never heard of a tranny mount lift. Transfer case linkage can be adjusted so a cable shifter is not required.
post #10 of 26 Old 06-06-2019, 08:33 AM
TheBoogieman
Distubed Jeepaholic

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's never taken me more than an hour to install one. Well, maybe 2 hours the first time with rust. There's a few unnecessary steps in most BL instructions.

http://www.4x4xplor.com/bl.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
TheBoogieman is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'd rather knock myself unconscious, cut a finger off, poke my eye out with a sharp stick or be forced to go back to work than install anything made by Rusty's.
03' Rubicon/Zone 4.25" combo lift/Rancho 9000XL shocks/5.13 gears-35" MTZs/BM brakes
99' XJ on 33s.
post #11 of 26 Old 06-06-2019, 11:46 AM
03Blubicon

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Been my setup for a long time. I installed a MML because of my long term plan. It helps if you know what future mods will be when starting out.
I run 33x10.50s and only needed a lock washer behind the steering stops.
post #12 of 26 Old 06-07-2019, 07:11 AM
Goatman#1

Well, hell. I stand corrected. No wonder everyone says this is the way to do it. I've been on the fence about 33"s because I didnt want to have to redo the spring lift. So you would do this over a 1" coil spacer pick lift?
post #13 of 26 Old 06-07-2019, 11:42 AM
03Blubicon

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
In my opinion, if you want to run a 33, the OME with a 1.25 BL is the way to go. As stated earlier, you really need a solid 3" of lift to take advantage of 33's. Run a 2" bump stop and you should be good.
A non- Rubicon will need a SYE and CV driveshaft and will benefit from a 1" motor mount lift. My Rubicon ran for several years with the stock control arms, angles, and drive shaft.
Obviously, this is much more pricey than a 2" spacer. Only you can decide what you want from your rig.
For these setups as a package, Dirk at DPG Offroad is very helpful, and great to deal with.
Brewski80 likes this.
post #14 of 26 Old 06-07-2019, 01:36 PM
Needalife
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Blubicon View Post
In my opinion, if you want to run a 33, the OME with a 1.25 BL is the way to go. As stated earlier, you really need a solid 3" of lift to take advantage of 33's. Run a 2" bump stop and you should be good.
A non- Rubicon will need a SYE and CV driveshaft and will benefit from a 1" motor mount lift. My Rubicon ran for several years with the stock control arms, angles, and drive shaft.
Obviously, this is much more pricey than a 2" spacer. Only you can decide what you want from your rig.
For these setups as a package, Dirk at DPG Offroad is very helpful, and great to deal with.

A non-rubicon will not need a SYE and CV driveshaft or better yet 99% will not need them for 2.5"/3" of lift. I say that as every Jeep is different.

Run the OME lift and add 1" body. You will be more than fine for 33" tires. I would recommend that you do a 1" mm also just to help driveline

Jeeps, We like it dirty, rough, and wet!
post #15 of 26 Old 06-07-2019, 04:30 PM
biffgnar

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needalife View Post
A non-rubicon will not need a SYE and CV driveshaft or better yet 99% will not need them for 2.5"/3" of lift. I say that as every Jeep is different.
I don't agree with this. Yes, it can vary but at 3" a lot more will require than don't. Even at 2" I bet it is an issue more than 1% of the time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in