OE seats leave a lot to be desired, I just replaced mine with Suspension Seats - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 51 Old 07-02-2013, 04:45 PM
Timido
2003 TJ Wrangler 

<38" waist 200lbs> At least it looks like the wide and standard size will fit with the console. Looks great by the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 51 Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 PM
cowboy701
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Jerry< Question ? Are the seat bolts nuts fastened to the body, or do you have to hold the nuts below the floor boards? I never had them off, and want to place spacers to raise the seat height !! Thanks Chuck
post #18 of 51 Old 07-02-2013, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEK3 View Post
I can't tell from the pics - do they sit at stock height?

Can you measure the angle of the seat back? If it's close to where I keep mine, I'll definitely consider these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy701 View Post
Jerry< Question ? Are the seat bolts nuts fastened to the body, or do you have to hold the nuts below the floor boards? I never had them off, and want to place spacers to raise the seat height !! Thanks Chuck
The floors are threaded for the seat mounting bolts, no nuts are needed or used underneath.

When you have a choice, buy American made.

post #19 of 51 Old 07-02-2013, 09:04 PM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

My Corbeau Baja JPs are going in this weekend. I'm sure my back will be glad of it on this upcoming Coal Creek trip!

Those look good Jerry.

Honestly the price ended up driving me to the Corbeaus over other seats.

But, any suspension seats with any bit of bolstering has to beat the OE '05 Jeep seats!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
equipped... And loving it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
It's difficult to take you seriously. It's like you're an easily perturbed autistic teenager who's drunk typing the whole time.
post #20 of 51 Old 07-02-2013, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those Corbeaus are very nice too, I was between them & the PRPs I ended up with.

post #21 of 51 Old 07-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Jaminjer
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I put PRP seats in my Teryx before the jeep, what a nice seat and so comfortable. I hadn't thought about new better seats for the jeep but now I think I have something else on my upgrade list. I too used to live close to PRP, went in to the shop and ordered our seats, they are so helpful with lots of choices.
post #22 of 51 Old 07-03-2013, 11:59 PM
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

How does the wider seat fit against the console? Is there enough room for it or does the console squeeze it?

post #23 of 51 Old 07-05-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My passenger-side 2" wider Daily Driver seat is a tight fit but it does fit without deforming/squeezing the seat at all or pushing hard against the console. The seat also freely slides forward & back as usual without any extra effort. So it definitely fits without problem but you sure couldn't go with any wider of a seat.

post #24 of 51 Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM
piffx2
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, great looking seats and nice write up. Thanks Jerry
post #25 of 51 Old 07-05-2013, 09:57 PM
cowboy701
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Jerry,for the update on the bolts, got my risers today 6" only Kidding, 1-1/2 as i am only 6'

Last edited by cowboy701; 07-05-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: left out a word
post #26 of 51 Old 09-07-2013, 09:18 AM
tyvanwie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Jerry, how are the seats still treating you? I've just recently started the search for some as mine are dying quickly.
post #27 of 51 Old 09-07-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Still loving them, they really hold me in far more securely than the old seats did. They're not as easy to get in or out but that's a very small price to pay for the added comfort and how much better they hold me in on off-camber trails.

What finally got installed last weekend were the shoulder harnesses. They attach to a new weld-in shoulder harness support bar ($50) from Poly Performance positioned behind the front seats. http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...e-p-26265.html. The shoulder harnesses came from http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo...cingbelts.html.

When no one is available to help, you get creative with duct tape to position the support bar to be tack welded prior to final welding. This took some time, welding a shoulder harness bar in place deserves all the care you can give it.

It's important the support bar be at shoulder height. Mounting it too high or too low can cause major injuries through spinal compression. A very close friend of mine was killed in an offroad accident from improperly installed shoulder harnesses so be careful to do it right.

I went with 3" wide aircraft style seatbelts but for comfort, went with 2" shoulder harnesses. Having worn 3" shoulder harnesses in aircraft, I knew I didn't want anything that wide again... especially since my Jeep is a crawler, not a racer.

Shoulder harnesses aren't needed for all trails or forms of offroading but it's nice having them for when there's a little pucker factor happening.

Not to mention these won't lock up and strangle you when the Jeep is on a really steep section of trail like the factory shoulder harness will.

post #28 of 51 Old 09-07-2013, 04:00 PM
tyvanwie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Maybe I missed it, but did you add in the air lumbar support? If so, did you try their seat without it? I'm wondering how much lumbar support there is without adding that in.
post #29 of 51 Old 09-07-2013, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvanwie View Post
Maybe I missed it, but did you add in the air lumbar support? If so, did you try their seat without it? I'm wondering how much lumbar support there is without adding that in.
No pump-up adjustable lumbar support, I left that & the seat heaters I really wanted out due to their extra cost.

I tried a seat with the pump-up lumbar support in their showroom but it didn't seem like anything I needed since the seats seem to offer good support without it. I've had a few cars with adjustable lumbar supports but never really used them.

post #30 of 51 Old 09-07-2013, 04:36 PM
tyvanwie

1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford
No pump-up adjustable lumbar support, I left that & the seat heaters I really wanted out due to their extra cost.

I tried a seat with the pump-up lumbar support in their showroom but it didn't seem like anything I needed since the seats seem to offer good support without it. I've had a few cars with adjustable lumbar supports but never really used them.
Cool, that's what I was wondering. Definitely more support than stock I'd imagine?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in