OBD Codes P0443 and P1495 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 Old 07-20-2013, 09:10 PM Thread Starter
VA-Jeepster
2002 TJ Wrangler 

OBD Codes P0443 and P1495

How do I fix the issues causing these codes?

The ECM is "clicking" repeatedly, so its no the solenoid. Where is the ECM and how do I replace it? And what is a good part to buy.

What is P1495? my Actron pocketscanner, only says its a manufacturer specific code?

Thanks for any assistance.
VA-Jeepster

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Click here.

Max

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
post #3 of 13 Old 07-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, not really trying to be a wise-***. It's a pretty common code.

Max

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.

post #4 of 13 Old 07-20-2013, 09:22 PM
Necko2529

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Max View Post
Wow, this one cracked me up.

Rokmen TT, Rokmen control arms, Novak NV241 cable shifter, JKS 1.25" BL + 1" MML.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

RIP "Prescott 19" Prescott Fire Department
post #5 of 13 Old 07-20-2013, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
VA-Jeepster
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I'm brand new to stuff under the hood... so bear with me a bit, code 443 and 1495 are related... Yes? and if they are and I hear the clicking sound, does that not indicate that the solenoid is good? So what part do I need or how do I fix it?
post #6 of 13 Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
VA-Jeepster
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well I changed the solenoid and a couple of the vacuum lines and cleaned the filter...And I still am getting the P0443 and P1495 codes. Cleared the codes with my scanner/reader and even disconnected the battery cables to clear computer. Any other thoughts other than the link above? the short take away on that link was to "tinker with it".
Would really like some help on this.
post #7 of 13 Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
rbkelley89
2001 TJ Wrangler 

just got this code today leak detect pump pressure switch

2001 orange tj 2.5L (113,000) 35" Km2 Black rims D lp 30 Front and d 44 rear with ARB 1"BD MML, 1.25" BL, 4" RC Lift, Flat tc Skid, Adj rear ca's (front soon) TW rear DS, Novak shifter cable, JB ss SYE, RE angled rear trackbar, 8,000Lb Mile marker, Custom front and rear (w/swing) bumpers. Homemade CAI. Lots more to come.
post #8 of 13 Old 08-07-2013, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
VA-Jeepster
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Well it turned out to be a bad ECM.... alternator wasn't charging battery.. I've replace the ECM and those problems went away, BUT I have NO gauges working... they work with the old ECM but not with the new one.. How do you flash a ECM? I'm realy over this. Is there a quality ECM shop out there online that anyone has used before?
post #9 of 13 Old 08-07-2013, 11:45 PM
Necko2529

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA-Jeepster View Post
Well it turned out to be a bad ECM.... alternator wasn't charging battery.. I've replace the ECM and those problems went away, BUT I have NO gauges working... they work with the old ECM but not with the new one.. How do you flash a ECM? I'm realy over this. Is there a quality ECM shop out there online that anyone has used before?
Im pretty sure dealer can get it done for you.

Rokmen TT, Rokmen control arms, Novak NV241 cable shifter, JKS 1.25" BL + 1" MML.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

RIP "Prescott 19" Prescott Fire Department
post #10 of 13 Old 08-10-2013, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
VA-Jeepster
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep dealerships don't reprogram ECMs.. they sell brand new ECMs for near $600 plus 1 hr labor. I found a company out of NC. that sells them for $275 plus shipping.
post #11 of 13 Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
VA-Jeepster
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Final post... Got my new ECM from Car Computer Exchange out of NC and it worked right out of the box. solved all my problems for just under $300 bucks. If you read this post and are having issues that lead to the ECM, I strongly recommend them for an ECM.
See ya'll on the road and off.
post #12 of 13 Old 07-12-2016, 08:39 PM
StephenBForbes

I have a 2002 Renegade that has a P0443 code that just will not go away. I also had an issue where the battery light came on and it turns out that the voltage regulator is in the ECM. Go figure. Real good Chrysler! You IDIOTS! Let me get back to that in a moment.

I just checked the link to Car Computer Exchange (http://tinyurl.com/zpbtg79) and the correct computer is now on sale for $199.00! I have yet to complete all of my testing and sincerely hope that I am chasing a bad rubber hose. However, I may just order one anyway because of the voltage regulator issue.

Now, about that regulator problem. I found another company that offers an external voltage regulator kit for about $65.00. Quick Start Alternators (http://tinyurl.com/jvansy3) is the company and the installation of this kit is very easy and straight forward. EVERYTHING that you need is included in the kit, even the resistor to fool the ECM and keep it from turning that damn CEL on!

Anyway, I thought those two items would be of interest to others with a similar situation. If you need the ECM then go with Car Computer Exchange. If you are having only an issue with the alternator not switching on then try the kit from Quick Start.

I will say that with all of the problems this miserable POS vehicle has handed me, I am seriously considering my next repair tool to be a hand grenade! If we only had some place in New Hampshire where we could find 1500 yards of down range for our .50 cal, this thing would be there already! Really! This thing makes a YUGO look well engineered!

For what it's worth, which ain't much with a Liberty,

Steve Forbes
post #13 of 13 Old 07-13-2016, 07:13 PM
Knuckelhead
R.I.P. Knuckelhead

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Do you own a TJ?...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in